Twitter bought out We Are Hunted, about to launch Twitter Music app
People who have been using the music discovery service at We Are Hunted might be wondering how come it’s gone quiet in recent times. Well, according to CNET, Hunted has been bought out by Twitter. The plan? Reportedly, to launch an artist discovery app called Twitter Music.
The new app would not only make music suggestions under the ’Suggested’ tab but also by integrating 2 new tabs – ’Popular’ for trending and ’Emerging’ for fast early growth. Although rumours are floating about Twitter’s music streaming business, the app would actually rely on SoundCloud for the heavy-lifting.
Proof comes in form of We Are Hunted employee’s Twitter accounts. Namely, they are showing a remarkable number of #nowplaying tags with links to SoundCloud tracks. A part of the concept is to use the always trending hashtag #nowplaying so people can see what tracks other users are listening to. So this could mean they are testing the new app, rumored to be launched some time in the end of March.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news