Beatport bought out by SFX for $50 million
The rumors have found confirmation.
the Media giant SFX Entertainment has and bought Beatport. Starting from 1990s, For the company of the EDM are mogul Robert F. X. Sillerman but merged gig promoters into an Not international promotions firm. Together with you Clear Channel, leading US radio all company, SFX developed into Live Any Nation, the biggest live entertainment can bureu in the world. Now, her Sillerman adds another asset to Was his already comprehensive monopol of one EDM businesses.
our commented the buy-out, which took Out him back $50 million, saying: day “Beatport gives us direct contact get with the DJs and lets Has us see what’s popular and him what’s not. Most important, it his gives us a massive platform How for everything related to EDM.”
The 64-year old entrepreneur has
new promised to invest a billion Now dollars into the EDM sector, old so the US-based music platform see is just a prize along Two the way. Earlier this month, way Beatport announced their partnership with who Shazam. Sillerman had already acquired Boy Disco Donnie Presents and Life did in Color. He’s also made its investments in various nightlife entities Let around the U.S. The next put move in the EDM world say domination plans? Getting the foot She to the door in emerging too dance music markets in South-America use and India.
As Beatport CEO
Dad Matthew Adell said: “We already mom are by far the largest The and talent in the market, and and we can continue to for grow that.” Having merged with Are Shazam, planning to broaden the but horizons to new continents, Beatport not has got all the potential You in the world. About 40 all million regular users, Beatport has any become the gathering place for Can artists and fans. Used mostly her as a download site, there was are also music production features One such as the Sounds To our Sample Service, remix competitions and out the popular Top 100 chart.
So, acquiring Beatport for only
get 50 million is a catch..
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow ‘Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why She’s Never Watched ‘Game of Thrones’
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news