Ariana Grande Reveals The Heartfelt Letter She Wrote To Manchester Victims
"When things were bad and everyone was heartbroken and tired and sad, we wished it to go faster. And now that it's here, it's horrible."
The series follows Grande through her 2017 Dangerous Woman tour and shows the lead-up to the Sweetener album. The fourth episode shows Grandes devotion to meeting her fans and also addresses her One Love Manchester concert, which benefitted the victims of the bombing that happened at her concert. The episode does not show footage from that night but gives us a little insight into how she publicly dealt with the attack.
Its been eight months since the attack at our show at the Manchester Arena. Its impossible to know where to start or to know what to say about this part. May 22, 2017, will leave me speechless and filled with questions for the rest of my life.
Grande then announced that shed be returning to Manchester to honor and raise money for the victims of the attack and their families, sharing a link to the Manchester Evening News Just Giving partnership with the Red Cross.
The spirit of the people of Manchester, the families affected by this horrendous tragedy, and my fans around the world have permanently impacted all of us for the rest of our lives. Their love, strength, and unity showed me, my team, my dancers, band, and entire crew not to be defeated. To continue during the scariest and saddest of times. To not let hate win. But instead, love as loudly as possible, and to appreciate every moment.
The people of Manchester were able to change an event that portrayed the worst of humanity into one that portrayed the most beautiful of humanity. 'Like a handprint on my heart' I think of Manchester constantly and will carry this with me every day for the rest of my life.
"When something so opposite and so poisonous takes place in your world that is supposed to be everything but that it is shocking and heartbreaking in a way that seems impossible to fully recover from."
Grande went on to explain that the tragedy taught her resilience and to not take life for granted.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news