Andy Moor Adds 18 Zeros to His Latest Cash Cow: 0.1
Andy Moor was born on January 16th, 1980, as he's said in the normal city Stoke on Trent, in the west of England (Robbie Williams home city as well). His mom and dad were also musical people, and taught him to play on his first piano when he was five years old. He also has a younger sister, but she is not involved in music as her brother.
While he was growing up, his musical skills developed as fast as it is humanly possible. At seven he surprised a teacher with his musical talent and was sent to a music high school and after four years of studying he'd already played seven instruments. Typical school lessons of classical music were boring to him. He always wanted to make music sound like never before.
He never got interested in pop, rock or other typical types of music. His first idols were Jean Michelle Jarre and Vangelis who were pioneers in the Eelectronic, Ambient and New Age genres. It took a long time before he started to understand how to produce that kind of music. During long nights in a local nightclub called Shellys, he tried to get tapes or just listen to the new music he heard while travelling around in Spain.
In his early teens Andy worked a lot with his Yamaha keyboard. Then he got frustrated with cheap technologies and started to spend more time with his old bassoon and piano. At the age of 13 he made his first record and during next six years he spent in a studio making different compositions and developing his musical skills. At that time basic work for him was DJing at disco nights and producing pop and trance music bands. But at some moment Andy thought about this and decided to spend less time on others and more time making his own productions.
Through this way he took all his musical knowledge into the studio to prepare the perfect sound. And finally in the year 2000, the world heard the first two singles of from a less known Andy Moor: 'Passenger' and 'Violent City' which were produced by Baroque Records. The basic features of those tracks were the absence of his trademark piano riffs. Since then Andy spent more time working on his music all the way to 2007.
His life changed - attending private clubs, DJing all around the world in places like USA, Canada, Cyprus and Mexico among others. Wherever Andy played, he got to present his tracks. His compositions were produced under such labels as Lost Language, Anjunabeats, Armada Music etc.
I felt like the number zero point one was equivalent to the process of making this album...Its an intriguing number because it is so small, yet so much bigger than zero. I had been writing the album for many years, but as I was nearing the end, I decided to scrap the older tracks and start over with new ones. So this version of the album contains tracks made in the last six months, despite the entire process taking years.
He considers his music style melodic dance music, but not exactly something of Trance or House genre. At this moment Andy Moor is a well known DJ, producer, and record label owner. He started his own label AVA Recordings in 2006. Since that time it has become one of the most influential labels in the progressive music world and released several top quality tracks from producers like Joonas Hahmo, David West, Orkidea, Steve May, Damien Heck. In 2005 and 2006 he was voted 30th by DJ Magazine. In December 2007 he was nominated for a Grammy Award for the composition Angelicus with Delerium and Isabel Bayrakdarian.
Since 2007 Andy has worked as a producer. During this long musical path he has also produced and remixed tracks for artists such as Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Paul Oakenfold, Brian Eno, Tiesto and other. He tried different approaches with his music, but there wasnt something hot. In 2012, 6 of July he introduced his newest long-awaited album 'Zero Point One'. It consists of 18 tracks that have been called thought-provoking.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news