The Prodigy Have Been Quiet - Are They Getting Old?
It has been some time since The Prodigy have made themselves heard. 'Invaders Must Die' came out back in 2009 and if you havent been attending many festivals, you probably havent heard any big news from them for some years. But this seems to be about to change. The band already debuted three songs from the soon to be released new album 'How To Steal A Jet Fighter' at some of their shows. 'A.W.O.L' and 'Dogbite' were played at shows in Brazil and 'Jetfighter' was introduced at the Download Festival 2012, where they were headlining.
The album is set to be released later this year, but as they showed in the past, The Prodigy are known to take their time with the release of new material. It took 5 years to release Invaders Must Die and even longer before that was the wait between The Fat Of The land and Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. After the huge success of the last album a lot of people are waiting for this release and it could happen within a few months or maybe even a few weeks. Liam Howlett described the style of the new album as darker and heavier than Invaders Must Die, which was not excessively popular with critics but received very well by fans. Howlett himself explained that, while they were happy with the overall more party-like character of the last album, the band felt that the best tunes of that album were the ones that had less of the party-vibe to them.
In case you cant wait anymore, they are still touring with shows coming up in Greece and the big Warriors Dance Festival in Belgrade, which is hosted and headlined by the band.
Supporting them there will be prominent names such as Skrillex, Chase and Status or Caspa. The Prodigy already announced on the Festivals website that they will play 4 or 5 songs from How to Steal a Jet Fighter so the question is just whether all of those will be brand new or whether they will repeat some of the songs they already played at other shows. So get excited and grab a ticket if you still can. And check the the live versions below for some of the new tunes.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news