A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
Touring the world and sharing his music has been the major upside for FTampa, who grew up enduring a life of hardship in Brazil. An orphan at the age of six, music became his escape from pain. Now Ramos is hitting mainstages across the globe including Tomorrowland in Belgium 2016, where he became the first ever Brazilian to play Main Stage.
"Ive overcome all the bad times through music. It is a part of my life and it always will be."
You are living in Los Angeles (USA), but hailing from Brazil. How did you get in touch with electronic dance music in the first place and how did you get into DJing and music production?
I was always very involved with music, performing in bands etc. and a good friend of mine show me electronic dance music and I was amazed on how the DJ could do everything on his own. When I saw that it was one person producing the whole music and then performing I got very excited about doing the same thing.
You made a great leap in the industry since your debut. What made you achieve that you think?
Passion, persistence, study hard, work hard. I think that anyone with those qualities can achieve whatever they want. It's not easy but that`s the fun part, it's all about challenges and overcoming yourself.
In Brazil it's very different compared to any place, because there's like a local thing in Brazil. Its basic wherever people want to party. In other countries around the world, party people come because they want to party, get crazy and have fun. In terms of music, party people in Brazil usually prefer commercial songs and songs with many vocals. The difference with the crowd here they prefer a lot of drop and you can play different music, typical Brazil but can fit everywhere.
What is your view about DJ Mag as an artist?
I feel that DJ Mag is a great platform to inform people about what is going on in the electronic music scene and helps to promote a lot of businesses and DJs. The top100 DJ Mag rank is very famous and heavily used as guidance for a lot of the EDM industry people. It's important to remind that this rank does not define who is better than who, not everyone is competing.
You produce Electro House & Progressive House. How would you describe your own music in just a few words?
Breakdowns with a lot of feeling and energetic drops! Love to see the crowd jumping.
What inspires you to make your music?
When Im happy I make happy songs, when Im sad I make songs, when Im angry I make them angry. Whatever Im feeling, thats whats in my music.
Speaking of collaborations, who are some artists you have always wanted to work with? And why?
Skrillex is my favorite for electronic dance music related stuff but I would love to work with Rock Bands and other genres outside of EDM. Maroon 5 is always an option.
With all your travel and productions, how do you maintain a healthy lifestyle?
I actually cant maintain my health, but I am trying. It is almost impossible because it is just about eating food at the right time, and I cant do that.
If you could go back and talk to yourself when you were age 18 what would you say to yourself?
Make some EDM music; I used to play in bands for a long time and it wasnt a waste of time but when I changed it , thats when everything happened.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news