A Sit Down With DJ Ronski Speed
The leader of the German label Euphonic Records, Ronny Newman (Ronny Newman), more known to the progressive trance fans under the pseudonym Ronski Speed, never stands still. In his passport for sure there is no place for the seals of the border services, because in his years he managed to travel almost the entire world, from Japan and China to the US and Mexico.
"Usually I'm searching the key idea the hook of a track an build everything else around."
You have played in over 80 countries of the world on all 5 continents. What was the best and the worst gig you ever played and what was the funniest thing ever occurred during any of your performances?
The worst was maybe when I got into a Police Border Control in Russia. I had to spend a whole night in a Russian Police Station. The gigs in Bangkok are definitely always Highlights on my way around the globe. Very good crowd and club.
You represent your vision of music not only in clubs, but also in your own radio show Euphonic Sessions. Your functions as a DJ there and then somehow differ?
Certainly. In clubs you are one on one with the public, you immediately see their reaction to the tracks that you put. Therefore, the music has to invest more energy, so that it passes to people on the dance floor. Here you talk with clubbers with the help of music, so that the conversation took place, you must guess the mood of the audience, at the right time to put the desired track. A radio program is different. Here, close attention should be paid, first of all, to the correct organization of the ether and the variety of tracks.
A large number of professionals and fans of progressive electronic music speak well of your latest compilation Positive Ways 5. What is so special about it?
The fifth part of the series Positive Ways contains 18 trance tracks, including the best releases of Euphonic label for the past year and some of my recent works. In my opinion, the compilation is an excursion for the listener on all shades of trance, which are now presented on Euphonic Records: from my melodic and tranquil track "Cubik 84" and the dense "Grrreat" from Marc Marberg and Kyau and Albert (Kyau & Albert) with his powerful bass line to a lengthy 7Skies remix on my track "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" and a nostalgic reworking of Patrick Devere's "Chrystal Rain" track. Positive Ways 5 turned out to be the most complete and beautiful sounding of all the compilations I've released. On it you can immediately understand how unique the artists of our label are.
What essential things you need to have with you at all times when youre on tour?
I always need my Laptop for Music and Entertainment. Having my favorite new Movies and TV Series with me. As well another essential tool is my Samsung Galaxy. Who can live without his mobile?
The German trance scene is now on the rise. Do you think that in the near future you will compete with the Dutch?
It's nice to see that many DJs and electronic projects from Germany are currently entering the market with quality production. A few years ago I was one of the few musicians who began to revive the trance's popularity in their country. In fact, the Germans have long had very interesting trance projects: Cosmic Gate, Duderstadt, Wippenberg, Cressida, Stoneface & Terminal, Kyau & Albert and many others. And this is quality music, not ordinary rubbish, which is now in the market in bulk. I am pleased to see that Germany is not behind the current trends in electronic music. As for competition with the Dutch, it is virtually nonexistent. Everyone is engaged in his own business and does not interfere with each other. As they say, enough for all.
I noticed that you dont have your own radio show other than the one with Euphonic Sessions. Is there a reason for that?
I have my Radio Show True to Trance for 10 years now on DI.FM besides the euphonic sessions. Maybe TTT is one of the longest running shows besides ASOT but just monthly.
How do you envision trance and EDM scene evolving in the next 12 months?
I dont see a big change coming. More I see it is getting back to the roots of Trance. Faster and more Uplifting.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news