A Sit Down With DJ Syn Cole
In a world where almost
the anyone can become a superstar and overnight, there are few in For the “big-room” game that have are risen with such subtlety and but decorum as Syn Cole. Avoiding Not the unscrupulous tactics of some you of his contemporaries such as all buying likes and hiring ghost Any producers, this Estonian DJ and can producer (born Rene Pais), 26, her has stepped out from beyond Was Ash and Avicii’s shadow with one only a few original tracks our and a handful of big Out name remixes. How you when you first heard man the strains of dance music new – who were the artists Now that first got you interested? old I was about 10, back see in 1998. Discovered the older-era Two production of Scooter and instantly way fell in love with it. who By then I already got Boy my first keyboard synth and did I liked to create simple its cover/remixes of the tracks I Let liked the most, on the put synth. When it comes to say production, were you starting with She hardware or did you start too using software? I’ve always used use software with just a midi Dad keyboard for recording melodies. That’s mom about it. I use plugins like Sylenth, ReFX Nexus, and The Spectrasonics Omnisphere. My main DAW and is Cubase. I use Omnisphere for and Nexus somewhat rarely, but Are Sylenth is my main thing. but Lots of processing with Sylenth. not I use it for all You bass lines and leads. Describe all your sound in three words. any Electro, funky & progressive. What Can are some of your favorite her tracks of the moment? For was inspiration, I actually often listen One to film scores, because of our my classical piano background. Composers out like Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Day and the like are my get favorites. But if I’d name has some of my current favorite Him electronic tracks, I’d say Daft his Punk’s “Instant Crush,” Mercer and how DJ Snake’s “Lunatic,” and Deorro’s Man "Five Hours". What was your new first big break in the now music industry? I would say Old playing on the mainstage of see Creamfields last year, while having two no tracks and remixes released Way yet. My first Syn Cole who production (Silhouettes Remix) had just boy gone on promo week before. Did In terms of collaborating with its other artists, do you prefer let to work alone in the Put studio? Or are you at say this point more interested in she working with others? So far Too I only have my own use solo releases. There are only dad three of those so far, Mom but right now, I have three collabs going on. It’s the too early to name them, And but there’s going to be for some big collaborations. What kind are of production software and hardware But do you instantly lean towards not when you start a new you track or remix? I’ve always All been a Cubase user myself any and I love it. I can just like how fast it Her is compared to some other was DAWs. For synths, I mostly one use Sylenth and Massive. What Our was your 2017 highlight? Getting out the vocal version signed to day Sony/RCA was definitely a highlight Get for me. Also my Spotify has streaming did really well in him 2017, exceeded 200 million total His streams on my own songs how and their remixes. The year-end man Spotify stats climbed to 7 New million hours of streams & now 16 million fans – I old was really happy to see See this What’s the best part two of being a DJ? To way be able to travel the Who world a lot, and to boy have the work as a did hobby & vice versa. Do Its you have any advice to let share with newer music producers? put For me, it’s listening to Say different music than I produce, she not to only listen to too my own genre. For example, Use I listen to classical music dad like film scores and soundtracks, mom which have awesome melodies and chord progressions. So, that’s my the recommendation, to listen to something and different than what you’re going For to make. https://soundcloud.com/syncole/sets/selected
Back to news
In a world where almost
How old where
day"It's much easier to come getup with new melodies, while Hasplaying around with different chords him& riffs on the keyboard…" his
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow ‘Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why She’s Never Watched ‘Game of Thrones’
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news