A Sit Down with DJ Arnej
Arnej is one of the best disciples of Markus Schulz! It is revealed in 2008 on "Coldharbour Recordings" with the hit "They Always Come Back", shaking dancefloors around the world, present in the playlists of both the best Trance DJs and the best DJs of the House scene. Specialist melodramatic atmospheres, his work is cared for and valued by Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz and many others! Talented also behind the turntables, he was voted 2nd best DJ in North America and "Breakthrough DJ" at the 26th edition of IDMA at the "Winter Music Conference" in Miami.
"You can master all the riches and material values ??in the world, but if you do not feel happy, then why is this all?"
Tell us a bit about how you grew up, and how that eventually led to The Producer/DJ We know today?
I grew up no differently than most kids did. I played outside a lot, got into trouble every so often and probably didn't spend enough time doing my homework! Most people may find it a surprise (or not) that my musical beginnings didn't happen till much later on. You'll often read about artists and it will say they grew up with music in the family, they've listened to so and so since early on and so forth. Such was not the case with me. I had no interest in music until my mid teens, back when Aqua were the latest and greatest group. Eventually I stumbled across some early electronica music mostly thanks to the advent of the internet.
Except Arnej, you let out tracks also under a name 8 Wonders. Is there any difference in the sound of these two projects?
In Arnej's works, I'm not limited to anything in terms of style: progressive house, trance, anything. At the same time, 8 Wonders from the very beginning was exclusively trance - aplifting, high energy, etc. I admit, at some point I wanted to be recognized under my own name. Therefore, the choice was made in favor of Arnej, with a deliberate intention to put an end to 8 Wonders. But I did not get rid of it to the end, because I still have a lot of ideas about applifting trance tracks. It is for this reason that I resurrected the Wonders project last year with the work "The Return".
In most cases, the trial and error method works. But not always. It happens that the name of the track appears in my head first. This gives me a certain mood, which leads to new musical ideas.
What can the crowd expect of your sets?
The crowd can expect a journey. I know that word is thrown around a lot and mostly forgotten these days in music, but that is my aim with my music and my sets, to set you on a journey. The listeners of ASOT will definitely be in for a treat as my set will be quite special. I wont say how, but tune in and youll find out!
Modern music producers are not just composers. They should have sufficient knowledge and skills in the field of new technologies, be able to work with software, hardware, etc. What is the ratio between the technical and creative component in the producer's profession you think is ideal?
I think 50 to 50. If you write the coolest track, but it will be poor in terms of production, then I'm pretty sure that it will remain unattended. Similarly, with the reverse - if your track is perfect in terms of technical performance, but there is no "soul" in it, then it will go to "milk." In my opinion, there must be a balance between the musical component and all sorts of technical know-how used in the track.
Any other special news we should know about?
Id just like to let people know that my next single Dust In The Wind is coming out, April 13th on the Coldharbour label. The Arnej album is also heavily in production, so keep an eye out or ear? for that one!
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news