New feature on DJ-Rankings: TOP DJs by country
An independent study conducted by The Official Global DJ Rankings showed that there are approximately 1¼ million professional DJs in the world in 2012. If you’re wondering what defines a professional DJ, then keep in mind that a professional DJ is considered to be someone who can sustain a living solely based on salary earned from DJ work. So there’s a lot of people making a living by playing music to other people at clubs, festivals, radio shows etc. Making it into the TOP 10,000 DJs is a really big achievement for anybody. Although, there are some who deserve some extra recognition for being the leading DJ of their country of origin. While someone may be in the in the latter half of the ranking DJs, he/she may be high up in the country's individual ranking. Whether you are a fan of music or a club promoter searching for new music or DJs to play at your club/festival - you'll find this function really useful. Now there’s an easy way to find out who are the best among the best in a new DJ Rankings feature TOP DJs by country!
Keep in mind, that on the main page, you can browse the top DJs by country and genre. However, by TOP DJS, you’ll find a general overview of every nation’s best DJ. By clicking on the flag you’ll be presented a ranked list of that particular country as well as how many of their DJs are ranked. So you can see, for example, the unbelievable line-ups of 354 Dutch DJs or 2489 U.S. DJs, and how they rank. Or maybe you had no idea that Soulwax and Netsky are from Belgium?
Obviously, France with an amazing electro house scene, has spawned the best DJ in the world at the moment – David Guetta. With over 7 million Twitter followers, 37 million likes on Facebook, 900 million Youtube hits, numerous awards, nominations and releases over the year– no wonder one of the most demanded collaborators and chart-toppers is nr.1 in The Official Global DJ Rankings.
Of course, it is nothing new to the EDM community that David Guetta, Tiësto, Armin van Buuren and Skrillex are on top of the DJ world right now. But if you look at the screenshot above, you’ll see things you would never see on any other DJ rankings list or poll. For example, did you know there’s a country like Belize and that their top DJ is D!rty Jok3s ? You’ll find a lot of new information here, besides the special mention as the 'TOP DJ of the Country' surely catches attention among bookers, managers and labels: for example, Rob Little is #9807 DJ in The Global DJ Rankings, but the #1 DJ out of Cambodia, thus appearing next to Canada's superstar DJ/producer deadmau5, who is ahead of guys like Richie Hawtin, A-Trak as the best DJ out of Canada.
The Official Global DJ Rankings has already got a lot of useful features and these kinds of additions give evidence of the potential it has. You can use the new feature to learn where the best DJs are from, keep an eye on individual rankings of your home-country or just browse it to find new exciting DJs from exotic places! As a club-promoter, this function makes it easy to find DJs who would be willing to play at your venue because they are natives of the country. Enjoy discovering the new function!
Have you read other DJ-Rankings feature articles already?
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news