London venues raided by police forces (video added)
During the bygone weekend, police raided 5,830 venues in London. Apparently it was an attempt to capture violators of licensing laws. The most comprehensive raid took place on Brick Lane spot, in a popular club called 93 Feet East. BBC reported 175 officers, a helicopter and dog units getting involved after information about suspected drug drealers in the venue.
Overall, five people were held captive on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs, there was one owner/occupier arrested for the suspicion of supplying drugs and one on the suspicion of being an illegal immigrant. If you look at the video, you'll probably ask yourself 'where is the Benny Hill theme song'. Just seems a bit comical that such an extensive series of raids ends in 5 arrests.
Watch the CCTV footage of the raid below!
Photo by: Kashklick
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news