Steve Aoki - a relentless entrepreneur
Steve Aoki founded Dim Mak Records when he was 19, back in 1996. Right away he started to support an eclectic roster of artists. One of the success stories is Bloc party, which was found in 2003. After that they started giving out Bloc Party remixes and hosting Dim Mak label parties in LA. Remixing indie bands as well as Michael Jackson and eventually working on his own tunes, Steve Aoki has stepped into the limelight as a DJ, artist and a producer. The man is constantly busy for he has only 17 employees on LA on the label. The majority of his time is taken up by signing up new artists, working on projects in his studio or on the computer. However, that doesn't keep him from embarking upon countless other things at the same time. It's not an accident that Steve Aoki's #5 on Forbes Wealthiest DJ's in the World list and #12 in The Official DJ Rankings. We'll give you an overview of some of his undertakings in this article.
Most remarkably, The Steve Aoki's Charitable Fund, that coincides with his birthday bash where he'll be performing alongside Dirtyphonics, Dmitri Vegas & Like Mike (flyer above). Aoki introduces the specifics of this karmic crusade and how you can participate in the video below.
In association with Alloy Digital's in house production studio Generate, 'Chasing with Steve Aoki', an Amazing Race styled reality show has been produced. In the series there's assignments to find clues and compete in obstacle courses. There's three teams of two competing for a chance to meet the superstar DJ Steve Aoki. The series is featured on Xbox Live. As you'll see there's a lot of brand marketing, such as the branded logos of Xbox's upcoming racing game 'Forza Horizon'. Misty Kingma serves as the host of the show, and Smosh guys will make an appearance as well. So the show has Aoki carrying the money in bucketloads, but it's all good as long as everyone is having a blast, right? Besides, there's the pumping soundtrack made by Steve Aoki himself. Check out the first episode yourself!
Well, everbody who's more familiar with Steve Aoki, also knows about his unconventional love of cakes. To celebrate the summoning of 1 million Facebook likes, Aoki elevated his fondness of playing with food to new heights. In 2012 Sunset Music Festival he gave his mother something to nag about with a dive into this incredibly large cake. Check out the video of making the cake and the dive itself!
Concerning the music part of Aoki's enterprise, there's news as well. Collaborating with Lil' Jon and Chiddy Bang on a brand new single with a video in addition. Check out the video for the track that's bound to be overflowing the clubs and radiostations in the near future.
- 20.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Mattew Dekay
- 20.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Ferry Tayle
- 20.10.2017 A Sit Down With Dave Clarke
- 19.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ John Askew
- 18.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Michel Woods
- 18.10.2017 A Sit Down With A DJ Chris Lake
- 17.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Zaxx
- 17.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Thomas Gold
- 16.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Bro Safari
- 16.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Klock
- 13.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Nick Curly
- 13.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Blank&Jones
- 12.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Technoboy
- 12.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Stanton Warriors
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Carlo Lio
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down With DJ Joris Voorn
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down with DJ Tom Swoon
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down with DJ Jon Gaiser
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down with DJ Vibe Tribe
- 11.10.2017 A Sit Down with DJ Edward Maya
Back to news