5 records released in May 2013 that aren't 'Random Access Memories'
With the ubiquitous hype of Random Access Memories, some really interesting music is in danger of remaining under the radar. We chose to remind you about the following releases. Check out the fresh material in the field bass music by Calibre, Danny Byrd and Alix Perez. Justice reveal their live cuts in high quality. And A Guy Called Gerald has done something really special, blazing the trail even after 25 years of making music..
One of the more attention-grabbing releases is Empire of The Sun's Alive remix EP that features a notable EDM artillery of Zedd, M4SONIC, Mat Zo and David Guetta. Stream the remixes in a separate article here
Now, on to the 5 releases you might've missed in the midst of all that Random Access Memories hysteria.
1. Justice - Access All Areas
Out May 6th, this is another record that has to do with keywords 'access' and 'memories'. However, you'll be able to access the memories of Justice's live shows in an high definition format. Stream the album below, acquire it here.
2. Danny Byrd - '4th Dimension' and 'Bad Boy'
In wait of the forthcoming Golden Ticket LP, Danny Byrd drops an EP with two original tracks '4th Dimension' and 'Bad Boy (Back Again)', including Flux Pavilion's interesting take on the latter tune. Get it here.
3. Calibre - Spill EP
The numerous fans of Calibre will be happy to hear that the drum & bass producer is returning with his 8th album, showing that bass is an undying form of art. Entwined with drums and vocals, it has the innate capability to make you enjoy yourself.
4. A Guy Called Gerald - Silent Sound Spread Spectrum
“I am fascinated by the science of sound," Gerald explains to Society of Sound ,"Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) or S-Quad or Squad is allegedly a technology used by the US Department Of Defence that uses subliminal programming carried over ultra-high frequency broadcast waves. With this system, planting inaudible messages directly into the subconscious becomes very easy to do and everyone is susceptible. This composition is about 50 mins and it follows no specific style. It should leave the listener refreshed and relaxed." Read the full story, and find out how you can listen to the intricate piece of work, here.
5. Alix Perez - Chroma Chords
Another treat for the experienced drum & bass listener. Alix Perez, coming from the D&B roots isn't one to box himself into only one style. Chroma Chords explores a variety of soundscapes, existing to testament the creative nature of the talented Belgian DJ-producer.
- 13.06.2017 DON DIABLO REFUSES TO PLAY ANOTHER UMF EVENT
- 06.06.2017 JOSEPH CAPRIATI DELIVERS PROPULSIVE ESSENTIAL MIX
- 06.06.2017 FOUR NEW TRACKS FROM ERIC PRYDZ
- 23.05.2017 SPOTIFY GLOBAL HEAD: STREAMING SERVICES ARENT PAYING ARTISTS ENOUGH
- 16.05.2017 Andrew Weatherall remixes Yello's 'Frautonium'
- 16.05.2017 MARCEL DETTMANN PREPARE SELECTORS COMPILATION FOR DEKMANTEL
- 09.05.2017 BESTIVAL AND 25 UK MUSIC FESTIVAL WEBSITES AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT
- 02.05.2017 VIN DIESEL WANTS TO BECOME AN EDM STAR
- 25.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX AND TROYE SIVAN PERFORM NEW TRACK 'THERE FOR YOU' AT COACHELLA WEEKEND 2
- 25.04.2017 SKRILLEX AND KENDRICK LAMAR WILL COLLABORATE ON TRACK FOR UPCOMING JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE
- 18.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX BRINGS OUT brand-new tune during his Coachella set
- 18.04.2017 DAVID GUETTA SIGNS WITH SCOOTER BRAUNS MANAGEMENT
- 11.04.2017 CLOUDBOUNCE LAUNCH THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED ONLINE MASTERING SERVICE
- 11.04.2017 DJ gets eight years for selling ecstasy and cocaine
- 04.04.2017 RECORDING DESK FROM ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS SELLS FOR $1.8 MILLION
- 04.04.2017 Historic milestone for Danish DJs
- 28.03.2017 DISCOGS REVEALS LIST OF TOP 25 BEST-SELLING TECHNO RECORDS
- 28.03.2017 THE CHAINSMOKERS DROP NEW TRACK 'THE ONE'
- 28.03.2017 Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal in Capitol Records Vs Vimeo Copyright Dispute
- 21.03.2017 Daft Punk's revelead the sources for many of the pair's most famous releases.
Back to news