A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
You may know him as Ben Gold, but others know him as Mr. Goldrush. He is one of the most exciting and astoundingly talented DJ/producers in the scene today and since his beginnings he has shown nothing but an incredible understanding of the trance community and has offered up exactly what we trances need and crave.
"One melody can change the world, Im aware of that, and when theres just one person who can make it with music its an accomplishment."
When did you know producing and DJing were what you wanted to do? What were some of the challenges that you faced up till now?
I knew when I was 16 that I wanted to be involved with music, trance especially. Doing this job full-time is like any other job; good days, bad days, long days, etc ..its the passion for the music, which helps with overcoming this. This industry/scene is highly competitive with amazing talent so you have to keep your eye-on-the-ball all the time and keep pushing forward.
Why did you choose trance?
You have to make music that is connected with something. When I listen to trance it takes me somewhere, I think I can even forget what has been going on in my life. If I have had a really bad day I can just listen to a record which I really like and and lifes going to be OK after that.
Whats your inspiration for your productions? Do you feed off your emotions? Is it the places youve visited? The people you meet and surround you?
Dancefloor. The dancefloor for me is my inspiration. I have written my most well known productions after playing big shows.
You made your first Garuda vocal track, are you going to start producing more vocal tracks from now on?
There are defiantly going to be more vocal productions from me in 2013. I really enjoyed the writing progress of Fall With Me, and very happy with the end product!
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE TRANCE MOMENTS FROM 2017? DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SURPRISES OR PLANS FOR 2018?
I started 2017 with selling out an 8-hour solo show in Montreal, played at Dreamstate, Tomorrowland, Electronic Family and I closed A State Of Trance ADE Special, and I finished the year with releasing Kingdoms! Ive been hard at work in the studio working on a mini-album project for 2018 which Im super stoked for. I think youre gonna love it!
What would you wish yourself for your future?
Health. Thats my ultimate wish, because without that you cant do anything. I wish all that is good for my friends and family, I wish to love and to be loved. I actually do what I can to make this wish real I look after myself, Im training hard, I do not drink too much alcohol. The beer I have in my hand right now is my second one and Im done for today yes, thats it, because I have to get home, I have to get up tomorrow and begin a new day with my music.
- 15.11.2018 Emily Eavis hints at Glastonbury 2019 headline act
- 15.11.2018 A Star Is Born Gets New Trigger Warning In New Zealand
- 12.11.2018 Model Slick Woods went in to labour during Rihanna's Savage x Fenty lingerie show
- 12.11.2018 We Finally Found Noah Centineos Flaw
- 05.11.2018 The Spice Girls Have Finally Reunited and Announced They're Officially Going on Tour
- 05.11.2018 Everything To Know About Gwyneth Paltrow's Wedding Dress
- 10.11.2018 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Look so Happy in This Behind-the-Scenes Royal Tour Photo
- 05.11.2018 Kim Kardashian Calls Ray J a "Pathological Liar" Over Sex Claims
- 10.11.2018 Rihanna Doesn't Want Trump to Play Her Songs at His Rallies
- 11.11.2018 Janet Jackson Delivers Emotional Me Too Speech At MTV
- 03.11.2018 Miley Cyrus teams up with Madonna for MTV Unplugged performance
- 11.11.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Krufty Kuts
- 05.11.2018 Beyonce recreates Toni Braxton album cover for Halloween
- 03.11.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Orbital
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Havana Brown
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 10.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
Back to news