A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
You may know him as Ben Gold, but others know him as Mr. Goldrush. He is one of the most exciting and astoundingly talented DJ/producers in the scene today and since his beginnings he has shown nothing but an incredible understanding of the trance community and has offered up exactly what we trances need and crave.
"One melody can change the world, Im aware of that, and when theres just one person who can make it with music its an accomplishment."
When did you know producing and DJing were what you wanted to do? What were some of the challenges that you faced up till now?
I knew when I was 16 that I wanted to be involved with music, trance especially. Doing this job full-time is like any other job; good days, bad days, long days, etc ..its the passion for the music, which helps with overcoming this. This industry/scene is highly competitive with amazing talent so you have to keep your eye-on-the-ball all the time and keep pushing forward.
Why did you choose trance?
You have to make music that is connected with something. When I listen to trance it takes me somewhere, I think I can even forget what has been going on in my life. If I have had a really bad day I can just listen to a record which I really like and and lifes going to be OK after that.
Whats your inspiration for your productions? Do you feed off your emotions? Is it the places youve visited? The people you meet and surround you?
Dancefloor. The dancefloor for me is my inspiration. I have written my most well known productions after playing big shows.
You made your first Garuda vocal track, are you going to start producing more vocal tracks from now on?
There are defiantly going to be more vocal productions from me in 2013. I really enjoyed the writing progress of Fall With Me, and very happy with the end product!
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE TRANCE MOMENTS FROM 2017? DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SURPRISES OR PLANS FOR 2018?
I started 2017 with selling out an 8-hour solo show in Montreal, played at Dreamstate, Tomorrowland, Electronic Family and I closed A State Of Trance ADE Special, and I finished the year with releasing Kingdoms! Ive been hard at work in the studio working on a mini-album project for 2018 which Im super stoked for. I think youre gonna love it!
What would you wish yourself for your future?
Health. Thats my ultimate wish, because without that you cant do anything. I wish all that is good for my friends and family, I wish to love and to be loved. I actually do what I can to make this wish real I look after myself, Im training hard, I do not drink too much alcohol. The beer I have in my hand right now is my second one and Im done for today yes, thats it, because I have to get home, I have to get up tomorrow and begin a new day with my music.
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
- 23.12.2018 Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Might Get Engaged Soon
- 23.12.2018 Britney Spears Meets Nine Inch Nails On Betta Lemmes New Track
- 23.12.2018 Ariana Grande Honors A Simple, Beautiful Love On New Track Imagine
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- 23.12.2018 LFREAQ Gets Freaky In New Video
- 23.12.2018 Did Madonna Just Try To Reignite Beef With Lady Gaga?
- 23.12.2018 Apparently, Cardi B Is Too Busy To Go To Court
- 14.12.2018 The Only Good Thing On The Internet Is Britney Spears Instagram
- 14.12.2018 Lana Del Rey Is Apparently Venturing Into Country Music Now
- 14.12.2018 Ariana Grande Reveals The Heartfelt Letter She Wrote To Manchester Victims
Back to news