A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
lessandro Bacci aka Alex Kenji, is an internationally renowned and respected DJ/producer with over 10 years experience of producing, DJing, and performing. As well as Alex Kenji, he has released records under host of pseudonyms including: Yoshie Chandler, Combo, Green Sugar, HouseLovers, D.L.D., Orange Love, Kaiko, Itchy Bit and many others.
"Ive never imagined one day my passion for music and that it would become a real job. I still think the best is yet to come."
Alex Kenji is just one of your pseudonyms that you have recorded under, Yoshie Chandler, Combo, Green Sugar how many in total was it the last time you counted?
I have no idea haha! For instance, myself and Manuel have just made a new project called Chuva Speaks Arab where we make chill-out, we have just released a track on Beatport called Airplanes. It was long time ago that I was not using an alias, those names you mentioned I used a long time ago, there is always a new name around the corner!
When did you realise that music was a passion of yours?
I think when I was 14 years old Since then I started learning how to play drums and the synthesizer. I wanted to be part of a band because in 1994 all the recording devices were really expensive and computers were as expensive as cars. However it didnt work out with bands, so in 1997 I switched to Hard Disk recordings.
Where do you get inspiration from when producing music?
Well as a studio owner sometimes it comes when I just switch on all the gear I have in my studio! I own an Arp 2600, Minimoog, EMS Synthi Aks, RSF Kobol and many other vintages and modern synths.
Tell us about your studio setup?
My studio setup is quite large. I have 2 DAWs but I mostly use one of them which is composed by Mac Pro with Logic pro,MOTU soundcard, UAD dspcard, TC electronics dspcard, tons of plugins, analog and modular synthesizers.
What do you think are your greatest qualities as a producer?
Im good at copying and pasting layers on my sequencer. I dont know really I think that people should be able to judge my qualities , not me.
If you could teach your younger self anything regarding music production, what would it be?
Actually nothing. All the songs you listen la younger self anything regarding music production, what would it be?belled under my name are 100% my products. I write, compose, edit, mix and master all the music I make. Ive spent many sleepless nights in the past years understanding how to produce, mix and master music. I love the journey and the experience.
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Havana Brown
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 10.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Funtcase
- 20.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Claudia Cazacu
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
Back to news