A Sit Down With DJ Dzeko & Torres
Canadian Electro-duo, Dzeko & Torres, have come a long way in the past few years of their career. From the front row of a Tiesto show to landing a spot on the legendary DJ's management roster, Dzeko & Torres' story is full of chasing dreams with strong determination.
"You could be the best DJ in the world but if youre not playing your own music, youre just going to be like any other DJ."
Talk to us about your productions what has been your proudest moment in this musical journey?
The proudest moment has to be when we did a remix for Chuckie, Who Is Ready To Jump?, and we were in Saskatoon when one of our friends texted saying Hardwell opened up with our remix at Sensation. Soon after, Tiesto played it, and then W&W. After that, a lot of people were playing it which gave us good attention. The other cool thing is Chuckie released our remix for free on his Soundcloud. Our name was on his Soundcloud, which was amazing.
Which artists have been your inspirations?
We both grew up listening to electronic music (house, trance, techno, euro dance etc.) and so weve looked up to a variety of artists over the years anything from Cascada, to Paul Oakenfold, or Carl Cox. The big ones have always been guys like Tiesto, Axwell (and the rest of SHM), Laidback Luke and a few others. Also Afrojack weve been playing his stuff since we first started DJing and just to watch his growth is super inspirational.
What do you enjoy the most/least about working together?
Oh thats a good question! I dont like deadlines. Julians really on my ass about getting stuff done. At first I hated it, but I guess now it works. As we grew together, we grew as a team and we work really well together now. I hated that he was always on my back, but now I appreciate it.
You have a huge presence in Las Vegas, do you owe a lot of that success to Tiesto?
Of course I have always wanted to DJ in Vegas and after becoming friends with Tiesto, he has helped me build my name there and I am so grateful.
Apart from DJing and music production, what do you Guys love to do?
Eat good food. Good food is amazing! Also floor hockey is fun. Play a game whenever we are back in Toronto. And video games are great to. Can spend hours sitting and playing CoD or Fifa.
You are starting to build a great profile internationally. What kind of work is involved in building an international music career?
The main thing is production at this point. Being just a DJ right now doesnt take you anywhere really. Were going to start touring March to get some good gigs under our belt and then get back into the studio and make more tracks. Right now we have eight tracks, waiting to get out, and thats the biggest thing do the tracks, get them ready and then go tour.
What is the best part of working with each other?
Like in any team or partnership, each of us has our strengths. We both work hard at what we know better. Its also always great to have another person to bounce ideas off of in production, branding, or even something as simple as Facebook posts.
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Dzeko & Torres
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Luciano
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Hernan Cattaneo
- 18.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Morgan Page
Back to news