A Sit Down With DJ Arty
At the age of eight years old, Arty's grandmother insisted that he should attend music school, from which he successfully graduated aged just fourteen. After that he considered applying for music college, but eventually decided against it, as the chance of becoming a professional pianist was really small and because he no longer enjoyed playing. Instead he learned to use FL Studiosequencer, and his love of video games and electronics led to his keen interest in production equipment.
"I am inspired by life- day to day experiences, a lot of things inspire me, music is the main thing."
When and how did your interest towards music develop?
I always had a great interest in music when growing up. My grandmother put me in front of the piano at a young age and I practiced several hours a day. At the time, I hated it because I rather wanted to play soccer. When I look back on it I realize that this is how I created my ear for the harmonies and melodies that are crucial in my music now. Im still thankful for it!
Which artists inspired and inspire you, even now that you are a successful music producer?
There are so many artists who inspire me like Flume, Years & Years, Skrillex, The Weekend and many more! All their styles completely differ from each other but I like that they are pushing the musical boundaries nowadays.
When I went back home to Russia, I had like 10 ideas in my head, and I didnt know what to do with them. So I would listen to the idea again and again to find the right instrument part for the top line that I had, with the right mood. I was trying to start with the lyrics meaning what kind of mood is that? For me, its the most natural process of making music. Up All Night makes sense because its a pretty angry song. Its about having a tough time with relations, and thats why the main instrumental part is very aggressive. That was pretty much my whole album like 99% of the stuff I have there was made that way.
Why is it that all DJs wear black?
I am not wearing black right now, look at that, I am wearing a white tank top, Im different! My personal opinion about that is that black is a dope color. If you wear white all the time in clubs and festivals you have to clean it every other day! You dont see anything on a black shirt so it stays clean visually for a way longer time. I would say that might be the reason and also if you have weight problems it hides it I guess.
What are your resolutions for 2018?
Try to not get lost in a all of the music Ive already made and have set to release in 2018! Also, I really want to find a balance between ARTY and ALPHA 9 projects. It was a bit challenging to accomplish last year since I still was seeking the sound I wanna make with ARTY, but so far, this year looks really promising.
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Havana Brown
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 10.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Funtcase
- 20.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Claudia Cazacu
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
Back to news