A Sit Down With DJ Brennan Heart
Fabian Bohn of the Netherlands, known by the stage name Brennan Heart, started his career as a duo with DJ Thera in 2002 then called Brennan & Heart. He began his early years experimenting in Techno, Hard trance, and Tech trance before focusing all his efforts on creating his Hard style sound. After parting ways in 2005 with DJ Thera, Bohn went on to satisfy Hardstylers with over 100 releases, 2 albums and numerous Festival Anthems.
"I think its important to have a home-base or a home platform for your own sound or your own thing. The label is a great way to say to the whole world exactly what youre doing ."
What is the craziest thing that has happened to you at a music festival?
I once played at a festival in Belgium and a photographer was making photos and suddenly I felt something ticking against my leg. But I thought she wanted to take a photo of me or something, nothing special. When I looked down I saw she was having an epileptic seizure on the floor inside the DJ booth. Luckily quickly people came to help and she was okay afterwards. But I remember that the audience on the other side had no idea of what was going on.
Who were your musical influences growing up outside of EDM?
ABBA. To be honest, when it comes to composing music, their really simple songs are the ones that stand out. And they're simple in a good way. Theres no need to over complicate music. People might think Im joking when I say ABBA but it was this kind of 80s/90s music that really influenced todays electronic music. Disco and old pop are basically the foundation of dance music."
Whats the feeling you have when you play something out for the very first time?
Yeah, its a little bit shaky because they dont know how to respond. Its the first time they hear it too so sometimes you never know how it works when that first beat drops, its a surprise. Sometimes people go crazy and other times they need to hear it four or five times first, but yeah Im excited tonight.
You collaborate a lot with Atmozfears. Where does this connection come from and how do you complete each other in the studio?
Tim has the same feeling for hard style as I do, we connect with the same taste for euphoric hard style. Collaborating with Tim was done in separate studios for the most part & both of us played different roles in both of the tracks we did. For one of the tracks i did the lead melody and the chords and for the other track Tim did the lead melody and the chords. Naturally as we both really dig each others music and we connect musically, we both really liked what each other had done and the collabs just worked out really good.
What do you like best about DJing?
For me Im also a producer, what I like is creating tunes in the studio and actually playing the tunes out for the crowd then seeing how tunes can grow. After a while a tune gets its own story its own thing, thats what I like about being a DJ and being a producer. For me thats the ultimate thing.
What is a moment youve experienced that best represents the I AM HARDSTYLE movement, where its more than just the music, but also the community behind it?
Last year when we did the first edition of I AM HARDSTYLE in Germany. It was really amazing to see the community come together for this, not just from Germany but also other countries. It just seems to be growing so much over the last year, people really identify with I AM HARDSTYLE. I think its great that my team and I have created something that brings so many people together.
Where do you get your inspiration for your tracks?
Inspiration is a magical and intangible phenomenon. Sometimes you have loads of ideas, that its hard to capture them all other days, youre only staring at your screen in the studio. I often go out for a walk along the canal, which enables me to get peace of mind. In general, music from other artists and genres really generate new ideas for my own tracks.
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
- 23.12.2018 Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Might Get Engaged Soon
- 23.12.2018 Britney Spears Meets Nine Inch Nails On Betta Lemmes New Track
- 23.12.2018 Ariana Grande Honors A Simple, Beautiful Love On New Track Imagine
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- 23.12.2018 LFREAQ Gets Freaky In New Video
- 23.12.2018 Did Madonna Just Try To Reignite Beef With Lady Gaga?
- 23.12.2018 Apparently, Cardi B Is Too Busy To Go To Court
- 14.12.2018 The Only Good Thing On The Internet Is Britney Spears Instagram
- 14.12.2018 Lana Del Rey Is Apparently Venturing Into Country Music Now
- 14.12.2018 Ariana Grande Reveals The Heartfelt Letter She Wrote To Manchester Victims
Back to news