A Sit Down With DJ Eptic
Eptic (otherwise known as Michael Bella) is one of Dubsteps bright young things. The Belgian producer, who is exclusively signed to Never Say Die blasted onto the bass scene two years ago, causing quite a stir with his unique, weighty sound. His last EP Doom gathered great critical acclaim and rightly made serious impact on the Beatport charts. Currently, he has a new track Space Cats that will be featured on Never Say Die and UKFs Vol.3 compilation and he will be joining label-mate Zomboy on his Outbreak tour later this summer.
"Im still alive and kicking after all those years along with the whole dubstep genre."
Where did the name Eptic come from?
Actually when I was like 15, I found the name DJ Epileptic, but a few months later I realized it was really wack. So I tried to cut it down and eventually I came to Eptic because its short and easy to remember, so I stick with that.
Congrats on hitting 200k on Facebook! Out of the massive amount that follow you, have you come across a #1 fan that stands out from the rest?
Thanks, Im still amazed by it! There are a few fans who have really amazed me, The one that still baffles me though is the guy who tattooed my lobster autograph on his side.
How did you get into dubstep?
Actually, at first I was really into drums and bass and then dubstep came along and I really didnt like it at first. For me it was too slow, and not aggressive enough. Eventually Rusko came along with cockney thug. Its like the classic story, its what everyone says.
You are about to embark on a hefty tour with Zomboy What three tunes are a must in your set right now?
Gun Finga, Step Two & Tun Up (Diskord remix)
Can we expect an EP or any collabs after the compilation release?
Im cooking up a lot of things at the moment. Theres a sexy collab with Datsik Ive been working on for a while, which Im really excited about! Collecting and finishing lots of stuff for another release as well, cant leak the beans on that on yet though, just be sure to keep your eyes peeled!
Out of your three original tracks, do you have a favourite and why?
Definitely Jurassic, I just had so much fun writing it! The aggressive second drop seems to scare people at shows as well.
What do you think about the growing trap scene? Have you ever thought about messing around with trap?
I really like trap, well actually I like a few trap tunes. There is some really good ones, but to be honest there is so much crap as well. I finally started working on a trap tune, but I dont want to release it until I am completely satisfied with it. I dont want to be one of the multiple dubstep producers who hop on the trap band wagon, but Im quite happy with the one Im working on.
Did you have specific inspiration behind creating Immortal?
Some are claiming that dubstep is dying out or even dead. I wanted to make a solid EP to prove that its still alive and kicking, hence the title!
Ectoplasm sees you collaborate with MUST DIE! Talk us through how that track got made.
That was a fun one to do! I made it to serve as an intro for my shows, but I felt like it was missing something. I asked MUST DIE! to do a feature on it since hes one of my favorite bass peeps in the game, and he just smashed it out.
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Havana Brown
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 10.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Funtcase
- 20.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Claudia Cazacu
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
Back to news