A Sit Down With DJ Sneijder
Sneijder is an Irish DJ who, since the age of 13, tried to play in his little room, often going to the Netherlands to buy exclusive discs. Over the years, his passion grew to become an obsession, ranging from Dutch Hardcore, to Psy, and finally to the uplifting trance in '99.
To make a scumbag, he started playing for Irish clubs, becoming one of Northern Ireland's finest DJs. After this goal, he decided to learn to produce in 2009 and from then on he changes his story.
With of one of the richest label histories in electronic music stretching back over an astonishing 600+ single releases and 19 mix-comps, its credo is enshrined in its name. In Trance We Trusts list of former compilation mixers includes hall-of-famers and revered underground legends alike Bobina, Johan Gielen, Misja Helsloot, Cor Fijneman and Mark Norman to name but a handful. Its singles discography reads more like an A to Z encyclopaedia of trance musics producers and remixers.
"I have went through various genres of music to finally settle on my sound and along the way my career and life in general has taken many different paths."
How you first started out as a DJ? What got you interested in it, and where was your first gig?
I started to DJ from when I was just 13 years old. I would walk home from school everyday past a guys house, he had his garage open with music pumping out. One day I decided to go over and see what he was doing, he showed me his decks and all his records, I was hooked from that moment. By the time I turned 14 I had my own decks and practised everyday in a shed out the back of my parents house to the point of obsession. My first gig was at a teenage disco in a small town close to where I lived. I was nervous as hell aswell.
What have been some of your favourite dance music albums?
There has been so many, if we are talking about Artist albums, the stand out ones for me are Prodigy - Experience, Leftfield - Leftism, John O'Callaghan - Never Fade Away, Giuseppe Ottaviani - GO! .. Mix albums I could name 50 easy, I will narrow it down to 3, Nick Warren GU Budapest, Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure, PVD Politics of Dancing Vol 1.
Who are your biggest influences in the music industry?
DJ wise Carl Cox, Sasha & Digweed and Tony de Vit. All amazing DJs and their set building was and is second to none in my opinion. As a producer, Ferry Corsten, Aly & Fila, Paul van Dyk and some others have all influenced my sound. Pablo Gargano aswell. David Forbes is one of the most technically gifted producers I know.
When did you get the idea of ??creating your own album?
The album is something I wanted to do for some time since I started doing music. Time had to be fair, however, my production level had to be such that I could make a good versatile album. So I felt that it was the right time for me this year.
What is your take on the Pure Trance movement?
I think its great, I am very fortunate to have been selected by the Pure Trance guys to feature at some of their events this year. The crowds that attend are always very in tune with the music and passionate about it. Its great to see people researching music and not just accepting whats put in front of them, this is essential for the growth of trance.
What is the development of Trance world in Indonesia according to you?
Trance lovers in Indonesia are amazing, lots of my social media coment asking me to play here. And in Indonesia also has "Indotrance" which is one of the largest trance community in Indonesia.
Youve had the opportunity to perform all over the globe and at some of the worlds largest trance events like FSOE 300, Luminosity, and ASOT. Do you prefer large festivals or smaller venues and why?
I enjoy both, large arenas are great and have a unique vibe as do the smaller venues. I think it all depends on the crowd, if the crowd are up for it the dj feeds from that and it makes for a great experience all round for everyone.
Can you tell us a little bit about the other vocal and production collaborations you have on Everything Changes?
Both Katty and Karen are another two artist who I love and it was a great honour to work with them both aswell. It can be time consuming trying to get vocal tracks bang on and Im glad they all turned out how I wanted them too. All the vocals have been massive in my sets all year.
For me music is part of half my life. Because the music I've listened to from me small until finally I can memproduce a song myself.
If you werent a DJ/producer, what would you be doing? Do you work another job?
I worked on a building site since I was 15yrs old, so if I wasnt a DJ I would still be doing that, Im sure. I stopped my job last year to focus on my music career, I just had no time left to do both.
Share us your top 3 tracks of the moment?
1. Sneijder #Acid
2. Factor B Stratos Galaxia
3. Mark Sherry The Pillars Of Creation
- 30.11.2018 Katy Perry is Forbes' highest-paid woman in music for 2018
- 30.11.2018 The Chemical Brothers announce new album No Geography and UK arena tour
- 30.11.2018 John Mayer Decided To Get Sober After Drakes 30th Birthday Party
- 19.11.2018 Miley Cyrus 'Devastated' After Losing Home to California Wildfires
- 19.11.2018 G-Eazy Was Spotted on a PDA-Heavy Date with Someone Who's Definitely Not Halsey
- 19.11.2018 Justin Bieber Is Tired of People's "Demands" During His "Season of Self-Discovery"
- 30.11.2018 Zayn Malik Just Confirmed That Taylor Swift Really Does Travel IN Suitcases
- 30.11.2018 Everything you need to know about Hailey Baldwin
- 19.11.2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2018: Rita Ora, Halsey & More Announced To Perform
- 15.11.2018 Emily Eavis hints at Glastonbury 2019 headline act
- 15.11.2018 A Star Is Born Gets New Trigger Warning In New Zealand
- 12.11.2018 Model Slick Woods went in to labour during Rihanna's Savage x Fenty lingerie show
- 30.11.2018 Dinah Jane Is Stepping Out On Her Own
- 12.11.2018 We Finally Found Noah Centineos Flaw
- 30.11.2018 Emma Stone Is A Bigger Spice Girl Stan Than You
- 30.11.2018 People On Twitter Are Sharing The Stupidest Things Theyve Said To Celebrities
- 05.11.2018 The Spice Girls Have Finally Reunited and Announced They're Officially Going on Tour
- 05.11.2018 Everything To Know About Gwyneth Paltrow's Wedding Dress
- 10.11.2018 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Look so Happy in This Behind-the-Scenes Royal Tour Photo
- 05.11.2018 Kim Kardashian Calls Ray J a "Pathological Liar" Over Sex Claims
Back to news