A Sit Down with DJ Christian Burns
Christian Anthony Burns is a British musician. Born in the family of a member of the rock band The Signs - Tony Burns. He started his career with The Bleach Works, successfully selling 3 million copies of his albums, then the band broke up, sometime in 2003, and everyone started to perform solo.
One day, Christian Burns heard the tracks of DJ Tiesto on Myspace and decided to contact him for collaboration.
Tiësto was just looking for a new vocalist for his upcoming album "Elements Of Life". This was followed by collaboration with Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, BT, Benny Benassi, David Guetta and Richard Durand.
He also collaborated with Benny Benassi, with the song "Love and Motion" and American singer Jes Brieden for the song 'As We Collide'.
"Im just going to go out and sing to the people and enjoy it and put on a great show"
So, I listened to your album today and the first thing that struck me, aside from how great you are vocally, is that YOURS: For most of the tracks did they send you tracks that you wrote to or did you go in the studio with any of them?
I think its just the British charm. Its great to work with so many great producers, and I do understand what you are saying. I think they just like to work with me and it was really flattering and amazing that I got so many great producers and DJs on the album.
Tell me how you had to work with BT? He's such a perfectionist. How did you manage?
Its amazing, the guy is a musical genius and Ive learned so much from working with him. Hes a really close friend of mine as well so we just love it and we spend days in the studio together just working away. Hes got all of this amazing analogue stuff and all this gear. So yea, its great working in the studio with BT.
Who would you like to collaborate with that you havent collaborated with yet?
Well I really like Deadmau5s stuff. I would really love to do something with him. You are really putting me on the spot now, I mean, all my heroes are dead. So if youve got a shovel and I can dig John Lennon out, Ill do something with him.
What does the title *Simple Modern Answers* mean to you?
Well all of the tracks on the album are basically answers to something at some point in my brain and in my life. Each one of them is an answer to something so Simple Modern Answers is just a twist on it. Thats it.
You've worked with just about everyone in the world of dance music. Who would your dream collaboration be?
That's a tough one. I like trying different things with not the obvious combination. I would really love to do some more R&B stuff and some more rock stuff which I've been listening to quite a bit recently. I just like changing it up. I don't like doing the same thing over and over.
Your music has definitely evolved over the years. When you started off with BBMak years ago, you had more of a pop rock sound. How did you get involved in the EDM world?
It was just a natural thing. We quit in 2003 and I just started experimenting with different sounds and instruments. We always used guitars in BBMak and then I started experimenting with synthesizers. I had a band called Inhaler and then Tiesto actually got in touch with me and said, 'I really like your voice. I'd love to do something,' and we wrote "In The Dark" together. That was in 2007. And since then really, it's just been kind of something that wasn't planned for me to go into. It was kind of just something that happened. The song was a big hit for us and it led to me working with all the great producers and DJs.
For most of the tracks did they send you tracks that you wrote to or did you go in the studio with any of them?
Some of them I go in the studio with, some of them send me tracks, and some of them Ill write the whole track and Ill send it and theyll change it. So its different every time really.
- 16 April 2007 - "In the Dark" (as Tiësto featuring Christian Burns) - #133 UK
- 29 September 2008 - "Something About You" (as Inhaler featuring Christian Burns)
- 22 November 2008 - "Power of You" (as Allure featuring Christian Burns)
- 21 February 2010 - "Suddenly" (as BT featuring Christian Burns)
- 2 August 2010 - "Night & Day" (as Richard Durand featuring Christian Burns)
- 12 November 2010 - "This Light Between Us" (as Armin Van Buuren featuring Christian Burns)
- 28 February 2011 - "Tokyo Cries" (as Glenn Morrison featuring Christian Burns)
- 12 September 2011 - "On the Wire" (as Allure featuring Christian Burns)
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Dzeko & Torres
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Luciano
- 20.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Hernan Cattaneo
- 18.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Morgan Page
Back to news