DJ gets eight years for selling ecstasy and cocaine
A Brazilian DJ who was caught with more than 500,000 worth of ecstasy tablets and cocaine has been sentenced to eight years in prison with the final four suspended.
Gardaí searching the home of Eduardo Biegelmeyer (26) found more than 48,000 ecstasy tablets, most of them hidden in jigsaw boxes.
Biegelmeyer, of Lafayette Building, DOlier Street, Dublin pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possession of drugs for sale or supply at his home on July 29, 2016.
Garda Donal OSullivan told the court the DJ was well known in the Brazilian community in Dublin as someone who would sell drugs.
The court heard a number of gardaí had set up surveillance outside Biegelmeyers home when they spotted what seemed to be a drug transaction between him and another man.
Both were arrested and Biegelmeyer had 16 MDMA tablets on him. A later search of his apartment led to the discovery of more than 48,000 ecstasy tablets, worth an estimated 485,160 and 354g of cocaine valued at 22,778.
Biegelmeyer told gardaí in interview he was a cocaine addict and claimed he was under threat to pay back a 40,000 drug debt. He said he earned 1,000 per month working as a DJ and earned extra money selling drugs to friends. He said he had managed to save 12,000 and it was his hope to get enough money to return to Brazil with his girlfriend.
Garda OSullivan told Pieter Le Vert BL, prosecuting, that Biegelmeyer had come to Ireland on a student visa three years earlier but was now living illegally in the country as he no longer attended college.
- 13.06.2017 DON DIABLO REFUSES TO PLAY ANOTHER UMF EVENT
- 06.06.2017 JOSEPH CAPRIATI DELIVERS PROPULSIVE ESSENTIAL MIX
- 06.06.2017 FOUR NEW TRACKS FROM ERIC PRYDZ
- 23.05.2017 SPOTIFY GLOBAL HEAD: STREAMING SERVICES ARENT PAYING ARTISTS ENOUGH
- 16.05.2017 Andrew Weatherall remixes Yello's 'Frautonium'
- 16.05.2017 MARCEL DETTMANN PREPARE SELECTORS COMPILATION FOR DEKMANTEL
- 09.05.2017 BESTIVAL AND 25 UK MUSIC FESTIVAL WEBSITES AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT
- 02.05.2017 VIN DIESEL WANTS TO BECOME AN EDM STAR
- 25.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX AND TROYE SIVAN PERFORM NEW TRACK 'THERE FOR YOU' AT COACHELLA WEEKEND 2
- 25.04.2017 SKRILLEX AND KENDRICK LAMAR WILL COLLABORATE ON TRACK FOR UPCOMING JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE
- 18.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX BRINGS OUT brand-new tune during his Coachella set
- 18.04.2017 DAVID GUETTA SIGNS WITH SCOOTER BRAUNS MANAGEMENT
- 11.04.2017 CLOUDBOUNCE LAUNCH THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED ONLINE MASTERING SERVICE
- 11.04.2017 DJ gets eight years for selling ecstasy and cocaine
- 04.04.2017 RECORDING DESK FROM ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS SELLS FOR $1.8 MILLION
- 04.04.2017 Historic milestone for Danish DJs
- 28.03.2017 DISCOGS REVEALS LIST OF TOP 25 BEST-SELLING TECHNO RECORDS
- 28.03.2017 THE CHAINSMOKERS DROP NEW TRACK 'THE ONE'
- 28.03.2017 Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal in Capitol Records Vs Vimeo Copyright Dispute
- 21.03.2017 Daft Punk's revelead the sources for many of the pair's most famous releases.
Back to news