Tiesto helping (RED) fight AIDS on World AIDS Day
Tiesto has teamed up with (RED) for a global EDM event on World AIDS Day (Dec. 1, 2012). (RED) is an organization which raises awareness about AIDS and the transmission of HIV from moms to their babies. They have manifested that as every generation is known for something, we should become the generation to deliver an AIDS Free Generation. In 2010 there were 1,000 babies born with HIV, in 2011 the number was 900 and by 2015 (RED) believes it can be zero.
It is really respectable, that Tiesto has signed up to help achieve this goal. He will help recruit A-list house and EDM artists and this in return will ensure that a lot of people will be a part of this movement.
"Having Tiesto engage his strong following to help (RED) deliver an AIDS-free generation is a dream true for us," told (RED) CEO Deborah Dugan in an interview to Billboard. "This is just the kind of firepower we need to bring the world's attention to the fact that we can end AIDS; a notion that was considered virtually impossible a decade ago."
Later in November, Tiesto’s going to release an especially made (RED) playlist. The superstar DJ has participated in other campaigns, like Axe Body Spray, HP, Intel, Armani Exchange and Heineken. He also signed a deal with Guess in the earlier half of 2012. However, getting involved with (RED) is by far the most honorable and karmic move by Tiesto.
DJ community hasn’t been affected since the disease started to take lives in the eighties. Legendary Irish radio DJ Vincent Hanley as well as the Danish DJ Kim Schumacher got their lives cut short by the terrible virus. So in light of this, it is all the more important for today’s popular DJs to raise awareness and help (RED) in this endeavour.
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- 14.12.2018 The Only Good Thing On The Internet Is Britney Spears Instagram
- 14.12.2018 Lana Del Rey Is Apparently Venturing Into Country Music Now
- 14.12.2018 Ariana Grande Reveals The Heartfelt Letter She Wrote To Manchester Victims
- 11.12.2018 Azealia Banks Calls Out Lana Del Rey For Criticizing Kanye
- 11.12.2018 Actually, Its Cool If Céline Dion Is A Satanist
- 11.12.2018 Miley Cyrus Is On The Run From The Police In New Video
- 11.12.2018 Apparently, Rita Ora And Andrew Garfield Are Dating
- 30.11.2018 Katy Perry is Forbes' highest-paid woman in music for 2018
- 11.12.2018 Taylor Swift hops to Universal Music Group
- 11.12.2018 Steve Aoki shares all Asian-American cast video for BTS collaboration Waste It On Me
- 30.11.2018 The Chemical Brothers announce new album No Geography and UK arena tour
- 11.12.2018 Sky Ferreira Reveals When New Music Is Coming
- 11.12.2018 Lion Babe Takes A New Approach To A Holiday Classic
- 11.12.2018 Zayn And Nicki Minaj Teamed Up For A New Song
- 30.11.2018 John Mayer Decided To Get Sober After Drakes 30th Birthday Party
- 19.11.2018 Miley Cyrus 'Devastated' After Losing Home to California Wildfires
- 19.11.2018 G-Eazy Was Spotted on a PDA-Heavy Date with Someone Who's Definitely Not Halsey
- 19.11.2018 Justin Bieber Is Tired of People's "Demands" During His "Season of Self-Discovery"
- 30.11.2018 Zayn Malik Just Confirmed That Taylor Swift Really Does Travel IN Suitcases
Back to news