Afrojack and deadmau5 beef over what is 'good music'
As it has come to be in today's digital age, the social media brings people from all over the world closer to each other. Then again, as any Internet user knows, the virtual agoras i.e. Twitter and Facebook are not only for liking and following. They've also become the battleground for heater discussions and feuds. So, without further ado, here's the latest beef that has been going on between deadmau5 and Afrojack.
So, Afrojack struck back at deadmau5 for the criticism on his production quality. In what seems to be a piss-take at the mau5man, Afrojack uploaded a track called 'something_' on Soundcloud. Seemingly an intentionally poor imitation of the Canadian DJ's signature style has gotten disappointing comments from drop-hungry fans as well as loving comments from die-hard fans.
'Something_' is assumed to be the response the last week's feud, sparked by Zimmerman bashing Afrojack on a Beatport thread. The initial comments that sparked the beef were made by the Dutch DJ at the EDMbiz conference in Las Vegas in June. Responding to the inquiry, "Is there a dance music bubble?" Afrojack said: “If you make good music, you succeed; if you don’t, you won’t.”
Zimmerman later asked: "Is it 'good'? What do you mean good? Good as in sounds like every fuckin other *edm* track out there good?" Adding, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."
Although most of the tweets have since been removed, Afrojack wrote: "Good as in you like it, you're happy. Stop with the f*cking crying already and if u really want out I'm not stopping you."
Deadmau5 stated: "100% of people, expect to hear new things, ever evolving sounds and compositions, new genres, originality. F*ck your Mcdonalds."
At least this is a creative beef, sparking new productions from both sides. Afrojack obviously wants to have a go at delivering a blow to deadmau5. Will he be answered with a pun at the Dutch EDM DJ? We'll just have to wait and see, right now deadmau5 seems to continue uploading stems for would-be tracks.
- 13.06.2017 DON DIABLO REFUSES TO PLAY ANOTHER UMF EVENT
- 06.06.2017 JOSEPH CAPRIATI DELIVERS PROPULSIVE ESSENTIAL MIX
- 06.06.2017 FOUR NEW TRACKS FROM ERIC PRYDZ
- 23.05.2017 SPOTIFY GLOBAL HEAD: STREAMING SERVICES ARENâT PAYING ARTISTS ENOUGH
- 16.05.2017 Andrew Weatherall remixes Yello's 'Frautonium'
- 16.05.2017 MARCEL DETTMANN PREPARE âSELECTORSâ COMPILATION FOR DEKMANTEL
- 09.05.2017 BESTIVAL AND 25 UK MUSIC FESTIVAL WEBSITES AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT
- 02.05.2017 VIN DIESEL WANTS TO BECOME AN EDM STAR
- 25.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX AND TROYE SIVAN PERFORM NEW TRACK 'THERE FOR YOU' AT COACHELLA WEEKEND 2
- 25.04.2017 SKRILLEX AND KENDRICK LAMAR WILL COLLABORATE ON TRACK FOR UPCOMING JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE
- 18.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX BRINGS OUT brand-new tune during his Coachella set
- 18.04.2017 DAVID GUETTA SIGNS WITH SCOOTER BRAUNâS MANAGEMENT
- 11.04.2017 CLOUDBOUNCE LAUNCH THE WORLDâS MOST ADVANCED ONLINE MASTERING SERVICE
- 11.04.2017 DJ gets eight years for selling ecstasy and cocaine
- 04.04.2017 RECORDING DESK FROM ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS SELLS FOR $1.8 MILLION
- 04.04.2017 Historic milestone for Danish DJs
- 28.03.2017 DISCOGS REVEALS LIST OF TOP 25 BEST-SELLING TECHNO RECORDS
- 28.03.2017 THE CHAINSMOKERS DROP NEW TRACK 'THE ONE'
- 28.03.2017 Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal in Capitol Records Vs Vimeo Copyright Dispute
- 21.03.2017 Daft Punk's revelead the sources for many of the pair's most famous releases.
Back to news