How to get more votes for a remix contest

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: How to get more votes for a remix contestReply
How to get more votes for a remix contest
Posted on: 15.12.2013 by Elnora Disanti
Hi there,

I've been reading the different articles about mixes, remixes competitions that are supposed to be helpful to stand out and how to use them to get a strong and real following.

But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to take off. Right away, i've entered a remix contest that ends tomorrow at 10 am pst and votes are low and slow, using both facebook and twitter.

I feel that all i do is spamming people and i seriously dislike it.

What can i do?

Is this remix that bad?

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativei...04edaa1a3/6266

Let me know

Peace

Chuck
Pandora Ravo
Originally Posted by Chuck The Decks Rider
Hi there,

I've been reading the different articles about mixes, remixes competitions that are supposed to be helpful to stand out and how to use them to get a strong and real following.

But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to take off. Right away, i've entered a remix contest that ends tomorrow at 10 am pst and votes are low and slow, using both facebook and twitter.

What can i do?

Is this remix that bad?

Let me know

Peace

Chuck
Hey bud, it's not easy to get a big following and your music will define you and help attract your social media presence. Your remix sounds good in a musical manner, however I would pay attention to your EQ techniques as the low end makes the whole mix sound quite overpowered and fuzzy. I would also begin to build a list which you can mail out to blogs. If they post your mix, they will help promote your social media presence. That is the most valuable resource these days as it gives you a shot to have other people promote your work.
Elnora Disanti
Hi there,

What can i do?

Is this remix that bad?

Let me know

Peace

Chuck
Tera Baragan
I honestly just listened to the track and your comment makes its exactly why you havent gotten more views or votes.

"Is this remix that bad?"
Is it that good?
Pandora Ravo
Originally Posted by Chuck The Decks Rider
Hi there,

What can i do?

Is this remix that bad?

Let me know

Peace

Chuck
Hey bud, it's not easy to get a big following and your music will define you and help attract your social media presence. Your remix sounds good in a musical manner, however I would pay attention to your EQ techniques as the low end makes the whole mix sound quite overpowered and fuzzy. I would also begin to build a list which you can mail out to blogs. If they post your mix, they will help promote your social media presence. That is the most valuable resource these days as it gives you a shot to have other people promote your work.
Natacha Rouhier
Here's how I look at it, do it for fun and experience. Afterwards you will have your own unique remix of a popular track that nobody else has. Makes your DJ sets more special. Plus, you can rearrange the remix project into your own track by scrapping all the remix stems and coming up with your own material.

Another thing I noticed with this last remix competition I did, some people tried to vote for me and got an error message. :\
Elnora Disanti
Ok, i understand. Thank you so much for your answer. At least, i have made a special version that others might play out.
Peace
Monserrate Rupnow
Kind of how I feel too. Great for practicing and getting into writing, but the contest things means you need to have a huge fan base that you can call on to vote for you without pissing them off each time.
Berta Baie
Remix contests...meh.

I did one and then realized they were largely either a popularity contest or such a needle in a haystack thing where you just happen to have the sound whoever is judging it likes. Nobody is likely to care about the track if you lose, and you can't very well release it with a label after, so if you don't win its pretty much a huge waste of time that you could have spent writing an original instead.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy