New to Serato .... ):

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: New to Serato .... ):Reply
New to Serato .... ):
Posted on: 04.11.2013 by Sherryl Schenone
Hi all!

I began mixing a few months ago starting on the Hercules Mp3 E2, moved to the Traktor S2, then upgraded to the S4 shortly after(Fell in love). It hasn't even been half a year yet!

However, after playing around with my friend's DDJ-SX a few weeks ago, I decided to make the switch today. Pretty impulsive move I must say, but I read many many reviews and watched a lot of videos. From them, I've learned that it shouldn't be that difficult switching over from Traktor to Serato since they're basically the same (minus effects/remix decks), and many people love the switch (from S4 to DDJ-SX from what I've read).

After excitedly installing Serato DJ and playing around for a little under 10 minutes, there are a few things I am un-happy about/need some answers...Maybe I'm just not use to it yet..

I noticed that If I changed my track tempo/bpm from Deck A, and switch over to Deck C to match the new bpm, one of two things happen

a) BPM from Deck A changes back to default by itself as soon as I move the pitch fader on Deck C (even while the song is playing....)
OR
b) I can't change the BPM of Deck C at all. (sync off)

My SLIP mode button does nothing. It doesn't even light up when I press it..

Is it possible to increase the size of the overview waveforms at all?(the one above the platter)? I'm use to Traktor where it displays the entire waveform of the song so I could easily spot where I am in the song!

Is it possible to set a loop cue like in Traktor?

Also, is it possible to load all my cue points on my songs from Traktor to Serato DJ?

Thanks in advance!
Sherryl Schenone
Hi all!

I began mixing a few months ago starting on the Hercules Mp3 E2, moved to the Traktor S2, then upgraded to the S4 shortly after(Fell in love). It hasn't even been half a year yet!

However, after playing around with my friend's DDJ-SX a few weeks ago, I decided to make the switch today. Pretty impulsive move I must say, but I read many many reviews and watched a lot of videos. From them, I've learned that it shouldn't be that difficult switching over from Traktor to Serato since they're basically the same (minus effects/remix decks), and many people love the switch (from S4 to DDJ-SX from what I've read).

After excitedly installing Serato DJ and playing around for a little under 10 minutes, there are a few things I am un-happy about/need some answers...Maybe I'm just not use to it yet..

I noticed that If I changed my track tempo/bpm from Deck A, and switch over to Deck C to match the new bpm, one of two things happen

a) BPM from Deck A changes back to default by itself as soon as I move the pitch fader on Deck C (even while the song is playing....)
OR
b) I can't change the BPM of Deck C at all. (sync off)

My SLIP mode button does nothing. It doesn't even light up when I press it..

Is it possible to increase the size of the overview waveforms at all?(the one above the platter)? I'm use to Traktor where it displays the entire waveform of the song so I could easily spot where I am in the song!

Is it possible to set a loop cue like in Traktor?

Also, is it possible to load all my cue points on my songs from Traktor to Serato DJ?

Thanks in advance!

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy