Dicers causing spike on Shift button

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Dicers causing spike on Shift buttonReply
Dicers causing spike on Shift button
Posted on: 20.06.2011 by Latrice Atcherson
Hi!

I'm using FW 1.4 with 3.6.4 mapping on TP 1.2.7.

I recently bought the Dicers and am using DJTT's mapping.

Problem I'm having is when I hit the Shift button on my VCI, there's a spike and the sound lags/drops/skips/whatever.

I've tried changing the VCI's midi channel (pressing the FX Preset 1 while power up), tuning the performance settings in Win7, etc.. nothing so far beside unplugging the Dicers.

Also, checked that the mappings are assigned to each controller's port.

I've noticed that when I press the Shift button, the "CTRL" light in TP1 at the very top stays on significantly longer when the Dicers are plugged in, when they're unplugged, the light just flashes (like other buttons/signals) ..

Any ideas on how to isolate the problem?
Latrice Atcherson
Hi!

I'm using FW 1.4 with 3.6.4 mapping on TP 1.2.7.

I recently bought the Dicers and am using DJTT's mapping.

Problem I'm having is when I hit the Shift button on my VCI, there's a spike and the sound lags/drops/skips/whatever.

I've tried changing the VCI's midi channel (pressing the FX Preset 1 while power up), tuning the performance settings in Win7, etc.. nothing so far beside unplugging the Dicers.

Also, checked that the mappings are assigned to each controller's port.

I've noticed that when I press the Shift button, the "CTRL" light in TP1 at the very top stays on significantly longer when the Dicers are plugged in, when they're unplugged, the light just flashes (like other buttons/signals) ..

Any ideas on how to isolate the problem?
Dorcas Bassignani
Audio and midi are in same processing thread in TP1. Causes problems in windows. Options are, lose led mappings, buy a mac or upgrade to TP2.
Wei Lebeaux
@BradCee:
Can you elaborate a little further? How does Traktor not support this?
Dorcas Bassignani
Tp1 doesn't have the ability to support what you're using in that way. Unless you remove all led output mappings, maybe.
Wei Lebeaux
Bump! Anybody know how to fix this? I can't run TP2 and would really like to keep my VCI/Dicer combo...
Wei Lebeaux
Sorry Silencer; with latency dialed to the ceiling on a Vestax VAI-40 (Rebodied Maya 44), it made no difference; I still got a horrible spike EVERYTIME I touched a Dicer. I can run TP2 with 10 ms latency and no problems...
Jeanine Droney
Try increasing your latency
Wei Lebeaux
+1. I've had the same problem, and the only way I fixed it was by upgrading to Traktor 2. Would love to know a fix though...

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy