VCI-100 scratching with "Key" On problem(?)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 scratching with "Key" On problem(?)Reply
VCI-100 scratching with "Key" On problem(?)
Posted on: 23.05.2011 by Albina Califano
I have a personalized .tsi for using deck AB & D with a VCI-100 FW1.4 and the deck C as a sample deck controlled by an Akai LPD8 here it is
https://rapidshare.com/files/4199726..._T2_FW1.4_.rar

there are pictures with the edited commands, remeber to turn on FX button 1 on deck A and C and FX button 2 on decks B and D.
When the key lock button is ON,if I quick scratch some(many)times the TempoBend stays ON (up or down) ,can anyone confirm me this, please?
this can be simply disabled by reset/deleting the MidiOut for the KeyLock,wich will disable the 2nd Note Commands when key is On,I hope I'm beeing clear...
In conclusion when the "Key" Led is On, the outer wheel (tempobend/pitchbend in traktor 3) has a different Note message,but not the "Touch" Notes or InnerWheel and I can't tell why it interferes with the scratching...if I touch the jog,then scratch ,it is ok,but if I quick grab it,baby scratch and drop it gets stuck in tempobend up or down.... am I doing something wrong?
I noticed the DJTT mapping only uses one of the commands for TempoBend, the commands with the "key" Off.
Albina Califano
Originally Posted by pARtybOy
yes, they will do the FW update,they've picked up the unit yesterday...looking forward...
the LEDs didn't burn all at once,it's like one LED every 2/3months,last year 4 LEDs(sent to repair) and 4 LEDs the last 5 months...& my warranty exp date it's approaching...
My fear about the jogs is that it'll get too fast (.tsi is set on 1%sens) & I can't bring it down....
(quoted from http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...=18181&page=31)
I also would like to report that the new resolution in the Inner Jogs its OK,but no one could answer me,so I'll answer myself... the new resolution uses 1%sens +19% acel... this when compared to previous config,its too high,has I was predicting!so now I use 0% sens + 15%aceleration and I get the same movement has in FW 1.2 but with more resolution (the ahhh sound goes aprox.42.5% of 1 turn of the jog,I use these values since T3)....
just to mention that Vestax Portugal didn't upgraded my FW to 1.4,they just tought that had FW 1.1... then they denied doing the 1.4 because it would void the warranty,I said I wouldn't care about it,but hey kepth making up excuses to don't upgrade,so I had to do it myself...
Albina Califano
I have a personalized .tsi for using deck AB & D with a VCI-100 FW1.4 and the deck C as a sample deck controlled by an Akai LPD8 here it is
https://rapidshare.com/files/4199726..._T2_FW1.4_.rar

there are pictures with the edited commands, remeber to turn on FX button 1 on deck A and C and FX button 2 on decks B and D.
When the key lock button is ON,if I quick scratch some(many)times the TempoBend stays ON (up or down) ,can anyone confirm me this, please?
this can be simply disabled by reset/deleting the MidiOut for the KeyLock,wich will disable the 2nd Note Commands when key is On,I hope I'm beeing clear...
In conclusion when the "Key" Led is On, the outer wheel (tempobend/pitchbend in traktor 3) has a different Note message,but not the "Touch" Notes or InnerWheel and I can't tell why it interferes with the scratching...if I touch the jog,then scratch ,it is ok,but if I quick grab it,baby scratch and drop it gets stuck in tempobend up or down.... am I doing something wrong?
I noticed the DJTT mapping only uses one of the commands for TempoBend, the commands with the "key" Off.
Albina Califano
new file .tsi, .jpg included, scratching works perfect with "Key LED" On/Off , I edited the command to TempoBend value (---) now the tempobend arrows don't lit.
Albina Califano
Traktor Update version 2.0.2 is out!finally NI updated a great feature,no ramp-up in scratch!I'm emailing them since Traktor 3...it "feels" much better now.
here is the .tsi, I changed the scratch acel to 0%,sens to 1%,cuz the new scratching feels different than before, and I didn't apply the modifiers for keylock yet, because I use a essential view 2D/4D I never get to see the tempobend arrows...anyway the jogs inner/outter are working perfect with Keylock On,T2 & VCI,key LED is On on VCI! scratch is not in conflict with tempobend anymore,but like I said before,when hlod of jogs tempobend arrows light up....but I will do the modifier project,so that only happens with Keylock On,when I get some time,now I'm loving the new T2.0.2!!!!
Albina Califano
I believe I found a solution for this,I just repeated the command to TempoBend to the touch jog command (scratch on),so this way we only get a "visual" bug when scrachting the arrow of tempobend </> stays On while scratching, but the sound is not affeccted or wave (doesn't move)... I believe I will use 2 modifiers to turn On KeyLock,so that visual bug happens only with KeyLock On.Will post when I finish the .tsi
looking forward

@photojojo: can you please confirm that keylock/tempobend/scratching problem??or I did a bad flashing on my VCI-100?
Leeanna Ayla
Interesting thanks for sharing your findings.
Albina Califano
Originally Posted by pARtybOy
yes, they will do the FW update,they've picked up the unit yesterday...looking forward...
the LEDs didn't burn all at once,it's like one LED every 2/3months,last year 4 LEDs(sent to repair) and 4 LEDs the last 5 months...& my warranty exp date it's approaching...
My fear about the jogs is that it'll get too fast (.tsi is set on 1%sens) & I can't bring it down....
(quoted from http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...=18181&page=31)
I also would like to report that the new resolution in the Inner Jogs its OK,but no one could answer me,so I'll answer myself... the new resolution uses 1%sens +19% acel... this when compared to previous config,its too high,has I was predicting!so now I use 0% sens + 15%aceleration and I get the same movement has in FW 1.2 but with more resolution (the ahhh sound goes aprox.42.5% of 1 turn of the jog,I use these values since T3)....
just to mention that Vestax Portugal didn't upgraded my FW to 1.4,they just tought that had FW 1.1... then they denied doing the 1.4 because it would void the warranty,I said I wouldn't care about it,but hey kepth making up excuses to don't upgrade,so I had to do it myself...
Albina Califano
hello there!I've been studying this problem in the last week,no solution yet...
I really can't remember this issue in Traktor 3, or in DJDecks that I also own... I'm beggining to believe that this is a DJTT FW 1.4 "bug" because of the more note messages in the jogs... I've used T3 until last summer,only upgraded to Tpro when it was on sales 50% off,and I remeber I didn't like the way the scratch sounded with the KeyLock button ON,so I started scratching always with KeyLock Off... I've checked my personalized .tks for Traktor 3, and I see that with KeyLock Off I used the command for TempoBend, and with KeyLock On the command to PitchBend.like I said before DJTT doesn't use both commands for TempoBend, but if I workaround to light up the "keylock" LED (in DJTT is loop/2) it will still change the outer jogs notes,so I assume DJTT couldn't figure out this issue?????
I just wanted to make sure this really happens with everyone or should I reFlash the firmware...
I believe DJTT FW 1.4 its a great work from DaveX & DJTT staff, Congrats! great work on the pitchfaders and jogs, in the beggining I couldn't tell the diference between the scratching ,but then I noticed it is much tighter doing crabs or twiddles or simply vibrating the jog back and forth...
looking forward ,
Thank you

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy