VCI-100 SE, Traktor 2, Kaossilator Pro, Maudio Firewire 410 - Recording Troubles!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 SE, Traktor 2, Kaossilator Pro, Maudio Firewire 410 - Recording Troubles!Reply
VCI-100 SE, Traktor 2, Kaossilator Pro, Maudio Firewire 410 - Recording Troubles!
Posted on: 28.11.2011 by Allyn Bjerk
Hi Guys,

I have a little issue here with recording on my setup. Here's what I have;

The Setup

- Macbook 13"
- Traktor Pro 2 Latest Update
- VCI-100 SE (latest firmware, latest TSI)
- Kaossilator Pro
- M-audio Firewire 410 audio card.

The Problem

What I am trying to do, is on the same laptop that I have Traktor on. I have also installed Audacity, and I would like to record (in separate channels) the audio coming from the Kaossilator, and from Traktor. So we can record our sets, and also have separated channels of our Kaossilator tracks that we do at the same time as mixing.

So, the problem is - right now, everything SEEMS correct, we hear the kaossilator out of the main output, along with traktor sounds, and the headphones work for previewing tracks - great - but, in Audacity, when we hit 'record' it only records the Kaossilator, not anything coming from Traktor.

The setup is like follows;
Firewire -> Computer (For Traktor)
Kaossilator Out -> M-Audio Analog In
Kaossilator In <- M-Audio Analog Out
M-Audio SPDIF Out -> to receiver

So, on the MAUDIO, when traktor is playing, we see channel 1/2 volume working, and channels 5/6 (the output of 'record channel' in traktor settings). If we turn on preview through headphones, then we see channels 3/4 come on as expected. If turning on kaossilator and making noises it comes through 'Analog 1/2' which is also expected.

I'm sure this is just some stupid setting, but the m-audio control panel is not intuative enough for us to see it.

Yes, we know we can record within traktor, but that doesn't record Kaossilator, so we would still have to sync everything up later which would be a bitch. Hitting record on one app would be ultimate goal.

TL;DR
We can't get the m-audio firewire software setup properly to record both kaossilator pro and traktor simultaneously using Audacity.

And Here's the relevant images;

Traktor Output Routing

Traktor Audio Setup

Traktor Main Screen

M-Audio - Mixer Screen - Nothing playing

M-Audio - Mixer Screen - with tracks playing + kaossilator

M-Audio - Output Screen

M-Audio - Hardware Screen

Thanks!
Matt
Allyn Bjerk
Hi Guys,

I have a little issue here with recording on my setup. Here's what I have;

The Setup

- Macbook 13"
- Traktor Pro 2 Latest Update
- VCI-100 SE (latest firmware, latest TSI)
- Kaossilator Pro
- M-audio Firewire 410 audio card.

The Problem

What I am trying to do, is on the same laptop that I have Traktor on. I have also installed Audacity, and I would like to record (in separate channels) the audio coming from the Kaossilator, and from Traktor. So we can record our sets, and also have separated channels of our Kaossilator tracks that we do at the same time as mixing.

So, the problem is - right now, everything SEEMS correct, we hear the kaossilator out of the main output, along with traktor sounds, and the headphones work for previewing tracks - great - but, in Audacity, when we hit 'record' it only records the Kaossilator, not anything coming from Traktor.

The setup is like follows;
Firewire -> Computer (For Traktor)
Kaossilator Out -> M-Audio Analog In
Kaossilator In <- M-Audio Analog Out
M-Audio SPDIF Out -> to receiver

So, on the MAUDIO, when traktor is playing, we see channel 1/2 volume working, and channels 5/6 (the output of 'record channel' in traktor settings). If we turn on preview through headphones, then we see channels 3/4 come on as expected. If turning on kaossilator and making noises it comes through 'Analog 1/2' which is also expected.

I'm sure this is just some stupid setting, but the m-audio control panel is not intuative enough for us to see it.

Yes, we know we can record within traktor, but that doesn't record Kaossilator, so we would still have to sync everything up later which would be a bitch. Hitting record on one app would be ultimate goal.

TL;DR
We can't get the m-audio firewire software setup properly to record both kaossilator pro and traktor simultaneously using Audacity.

And Here's the relevant images;

Traktor Output Routing

Traktor Audio Setup

Traktor Main Screen

M-Audio - Mixer Screen - Nothing playing

M-Audio - Mixer Screen - with tracks playing + kaossilator

M-Audio - Output Screen

M-Audio - Hardware Screen

Thanks!
Matt
Allyn Bjerk
Ok. I found a workaround - I have set deck D to be 'input' instead of sample or a regular track deck. I then muted the analog channels in the M-AUDIO control panel. Now, I hear the kaossilator coming 'from' traktor, and am able to record in unison with the tracks/samples playing in traktor.

This is okay for now, but would still like to know if there's a way to record the sound coming from kaossilator separately than the sounds coming from traktor (two tracks).

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy