Various VCI-100SE mapping issues (TP2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Various VCI-100SE mapping issues (TP2)Reply
Various VCI-100SE mapping issues (TP2)
Posted on: 09.12.2011 by Evelyn Navarijo
Heya.

I just recently bought a VCI-100SE second hand from a community member. This member tells me that this VCI-100 should have the 1.3 Firmware (and it came with the SE overlay).

At first I tried plugging the VCI-100 in, importing the 3.6.4 (fw 1.3 version) .tsi-file (using the import button in the settings panel), and whilst most basic functions worked (transport controls, cueing, scratching/nudging, EQ, filters etc), a lot of the more "advanced" features didn't. For example, the EQ-preset buttons didn't work (did nothing), the Slicer doesn't reset when you let go of the jog wheel, the Echo button loads a filter rathern than a delay, along with some other issues that I can't remember at the moment.

I also tried out the v4 mapping, but that would not work at all (controller did nothing), is this perhaps due to the 1.3 fw? I have a 1.4 upgrade kit on the way, hopefully it'll sort things out.

In all cases, the data led flashes when I touch the controls, and the little data light inside traktor also lights up, so there seems to be no problems with the transmission of MIDI data.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues, and what may be the cause of them?
Evelyn Navarijo
Heya.

I just recently bought a VCI-100SE second hand from a community member. This member tells me that this VCI-100 should have the 1.3 Firmware (and it came with the SE overlay).

At first I tried plugging the VCI-100 in, importing the 3.6.4 (fw 1.3 version) .tsi-file (using the import button in the settings panel), and whilst most basic functions worked (transport controls, cueing, scratching/nudging, EQ, filters etc), a lot of the more "advanced" features didn't. For example, the EQ-preset buttons didn't work (did nothing), the Slicer doesn't reset when you let go of the jog wheel, the Echo button loads a filter rathern than a delay, along with some other issues that I can't remember at the moment.

I also tried out the v4 mapping, but that would not work at all (controller did nothing), is this perhaps due to the 1.3 fw? I have a 1.4 upgrade kit on the way, hopefully it'll sort things out.

In all cases, the data led flashes when I touch the controls, and the little data light inside traktor also lights up, so there seems to be no problems with the transmission of MIDI data.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues, and what may be the cause of them?
Evelyn Navarijo
Er... That I did not... I'll try it out, thanks
Mayra Depasse
Hey,

first of all, upgrading the fw is a really good idea.
secondly, did you import the mapping twice and restart traktor afterwards? that's really important.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy