Sticky / slow arcade buttons - how to clean/fix?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Sticky / slow arcade buttons - how to clean/fix?Reply
Sticky / slow arcade buttons - how to clean/fix?
Posted on: 25.12.2011 by Marvella Henage
Hi DJTT,

So I went away for 3 months and put my vci 100 arcade in a storage bin under some clothes - no case or anything. When I took it out last evening , the left deck's buttons seemed to be slow or sticky - when I press them down, they feel sticky and take a noticeable amount of time to come back up/reset.

Theory 1 is that i spilled something on them and they got sticky or dirty.

Theory 2 is that the weight of clothes on them may have pressed them down for so long that the springs got compressed permanently.

Either way - any ideas of how to fix? Cleaning alcohol? New buttons (don't really want to go through that hassle...)

Thanks,
fffiiissshhh
Marvella Henage
Hi DJTT,

So I went away for 3 months and put my vci 100 arcade in a storage bin under some clothes - no case or anything. When I took it out last evening , the left deck's buttons seemed to be slow or sticky - when I press them down, they feel sticky and take a noticeable amount of time to come back up/reset.

Theory 1 is that i spilled something on them and they got sticky or dirty.

Theory 2 is that the weight of clothes on them may have pressed them down for so long that the springs got compressed permanently.

Either way - any ideas of how to fix? Cleaning alcohol? New buttons (don't really want to go through that hassle...)

Thanks,
fffiiissshhh
Marvella Henage
Opened it up, popped them out, poured some alcohol in, the motion's great now. Thanks for the advice
Marvella Henage
arghhh okay - you're right, i'm a little scared of getting under the hood, but it'll be a good learning experience. I believe it's probably that some booze got in there during my last gig, i havent used it in a few months.

Will post again with results, thanks!
Ned Somerset
open up the vci, its pretty easy and not as scary as you believe. once opened you'll be able to release the plunger from the arcade button by pressing a small slot screwdriver in the side to release the little nub holding them in place. take out, give a good clean with high percentage rubbing alcohol. 99 isoprophl or whatever its called. way easier then it looks. I do it a couple times a year. just to keep everything on tip top shape.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy