Some help with the FX/Filter options in Traktor

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Some help with the FX/Filter options in TraktorReply
Some help with the FX/Filter options in Traktor
Posted on: 14.11.2011 by Jed Dipiero
Ok, I've got the "normal" buttons on VCI-100 figured out - faders, controls, etc.

But once it comes to FX Presets (the 4 tiny buttons on the far left, right next to JUGGLE buttons), and the top right section with all the FX controls and knobs, I can't figure that whole section out for the life of me... is there a youtube video where someone actually goes through this in detail in some way, shape or form? Or a manual of sorts?

The only videos I've seen have skipped through all of these effects so fast that there's no chance of understanding what a heck goes on and how it is all controlled...

(yeah, I sound like a total newb, I know)
Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by Crazy Serb
switched it to External, that didn't make any difference.

any other ideas?
still can't figure this one out... but have another question - which buttons on VCI (or combination of) enable/disable the FX 1 & 2 for decks A & B:

Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by ricoot
is your mixing set to internal in the preferences?

any other ideas?
Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by photojojo
There's a walkthrough pdf in the zip folder that explains everything the mapping does.
wow!

I didn't see that either... that shines light on so many questions I had!

thank you!

and thanks everyone else for responses... gotta go through it all, hands on, and make practical sense of it now.

you guys are awesome.
Samual Ogura
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
Yeh probably the mapping bundled with the software. You're definitely better off with the DJTT mapping though.
The DJTT one inspired my custom one quite a bit, but i've never actually used it. haha. Every single controller and mapping I've ever used is custom.
Jody Goman
There's a walkthrough pdf in the zip folder that explains everything the mapping does.
wow...why have i not seen this yet???

just answered so many questions i had. Thanks!
Jed Dipiero
Ok, I've got the "normal" buttons on VCI-100 figured out - faders, controls, etc.

But once it comes to FX Presets (the 4 tiny buttons on the far left, right next to JUGGLE buttons), and the top right section with all the FX controls and knobs, I can't figure that whole section out for the life of me... is there a youtube video where someone actually goes through this in detail in some way, shape or form? Or a manual of sorts?

The only videos I've seen have skipped through all of these effects so fast that there's no chance of understanding what a heck goes on and how it is all controlled...

(yeah, I sound like a total newb, I know)
Jerold Gondola
. You will get the Loop Section eventually as well, though many considered it less useful.
Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by Crazy Serb

any other ideas?
still can't figure this one out... but have another question - which buttons on VCI (or combination of) enable/disable the FX 1 & 2 for decks A & B:

Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by ricoot

any other ideas?
Lucile Sanita
Jed Dipiero
Another question - how come the TSI mappings from this thread (first post in there):

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=18181

don't have crossfader/volume sliders mapped nor activated in Traktor?

how do I get those back?
Jed Dipiero
wow!

I didn't see that either... that shines light on so many questions I had!

thank you!

and thanks everyone else for responses... gotta go through it all, hands on, and make practical sense of it now.

you guys are awesome.
Samual Ogura
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
Yeh probably the mapping bundled with the software. You're definitely better off with the DJTT mapping though.
The DJTT one inspired my custom one quite a bit, but i've never actually used it. haha. Every single controller and mapping I've ever used is custom.
Jody Goman
wow...why have i not seen this yet???

just answered so many questions i had. Thanks!
Leeanna Ayla
Chuck Intravia
Samual Ogura
Sorry bout that. I was thrown off when you said "normal buttons"...I was using the Default mapping that is in my settings folder. Honestly have no idea where it came from (I believe with the TP2 Download)...But like I said, listen to anyone that has more direct experience with it. haha.
Jody Goman
Actually really helpful pedro... Thanks.

Been trying to figure out if there was a way to use those fx unchained for a week now.... annoying when i am trying to get that beatmasher up and delay automatically follows...
Chuck Intravia
You should upgrade first,

but I'll try to correct the previous post by stating a few simple features:

The 4 buttons on the left next to juggle are presets. hold any of them, then press twice (not too fast) the headset cue button either on the left or right deck. This will load the preset, adjust the effect amounts, and assign it to the adequate FX unit/deck, all for you.

The Control FX section asks you whether you want to assign the 4 knobs just below it to control the FX unit 1, FX unit 2 or loops. The Route FX allows you (when you hold it) to assign that FX unit (selected by the aforementioned Control FX) to whichever deck you want it to, by pressing the button below the knob (indicates A, B, C, D for deck A, B, C and D as you might have guessed).

FX mode (dont remember the exact name, but in short the last small button in that area), just switches from chained to single effect. Note that you can also load some other presets by pressing shift + one of the buttons under the FX knobs. works in both chained and single.
As for the FX knobs and their buttons, they're pretty self explanatory once you start playing with them in either FX unit 1 or 2. You will get the Loop Section eventually as well, though many considered it less useful.

there, hope I helped..
Jed Dipiero
The 3.6.4 mapping from http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/

And I'm on 1.2 firmware (soon to upgrade to 1.4 - just waiting for the overlay to arrive).
Chuck Intravia
Huh... Which mapping are you using, and which firmware?
Samual Ogura
Alright, personally, I've NEVER used the default mapping, but to help you out, I loaded it up and tried to make some sense of it. Now keeping in mind that this is the first I've ever taken a look at it, I may not be completely right, so anyone else that has more experience with this, please feel free to add...

The 4 tiny buttons to the far left are NOT mapped in the default mapping. They do NOTHING. This is also the case for the two tiny buttons labeled "FX Select" above the parameters section. As for the 4 knobs and buttons...

When you're in "Mas" Mode (toggled by the button directly about the parameter section), from left to right:

Knobs:
  • FX Unit 1 Dry/Wet
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 1 Amount
  • FX Unit 2 Dry/Wet
  • FX Unit 2 Slot 1 Amount

Buttons:
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 1 Select
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 1 On/Off
  • FX Unit 2 Slot 1 Select
  • FX Unit 2 Slot 1 On/Off

(The above is true for FX Units in Chained Mode only, as they appear to be useless in Single Mode.)

In "A" Mode:
Knobs (Chained):
  • FX Unit 1 Dry/Wet
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 1 Amount
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 2 Amount
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 3 Amount

Buttons (Chained):
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 1 On/Off
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 2 On/Off
  • FX Unit 1 Slot 3 On/Off

Knobs (Single):
  • FX Unit 1 Dry/Wet
  • FX Unit 1 Parameter 1 Amount
  • FX Unit 1 Parameter 2 Amount
  • FX Unit 1 Parameter 3 Amount
Buttons (Single):
  • FX Unit 1 Reset Parameters
  • FX Unit 1 Button 1
  • FX Unit 1 Button 2

When in "B" Mode, all the same controls apply, but for FX Unit 2, instead.

Hope that helps!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy