Both Scratch Buttons kill Jogwheels - on purpose?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Both Scratch Buttons kill Jogwheels - on purpose?Reply
Both Scratch Buttons kill Jogwheels - on purpose?
Posted on: 07.08.2012 by Hyacinth Sabulsky
Is this normal?

I have the 1.4FW arcade modded version. I was experimenting with whether or not I prefer to use the outer plastic rim for tempo nudging or turning off Scratch Mode entirely and using the whole platter when I stumbled upon this: Pressing both Scratch buttons while lit green disables the jog wheels entirely. The Scratch buttons stay lit green but the jog wheels' LEDs go dark. When I press them both again the jog wheels' LEDs come back on and everything works again.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there any reason why I would want to disable the jog wheels entirely while mixing?
Hyacinth Sabulsky
Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle
It's a feature. Try putting your VCI close to a bass speaker with a bass heavy tune playing for a clue why
ah, gotcha! haven't had the chance to experience that yet. first big sound system i was on was a table suspended from the ceiling to avoid that problem.
Dorcas Bassignani
It's a feature. Try putting your VCI close to a bass speaker with a bass heavy tune playing for a clue why
that

i believe that's why mapping anything to those buttons cause problems too, as it's an internal firmware/hardware thing
Hyacinth Sabulsky
Is this normal?

I have the 1.4FW arcade modded version. I was experimenting with whether or not I prefer to use the outer plastic rim for tempo nudging or turning off Scratch Mode entirely and using the whole platter when I stumbled upon this: Pressing both Scratch buttons while lit green disables the jog wheels entirely. The Scratch buttons stay lit green but the jog wheels' LEDs go dark. When I press them both again the jog wheels' LEDs come back on and everything works again.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there any reason why I would want to disable the jog wheels entirely while mixing?
Hyacinth Sabulsky
ah, gotcha! haven't had the chance to experience that yet. first big sound system i was on was a table suspended from the ceiling to avoid that problem.
Dorcas Bassignani
that

i believe that's why mapping anything to those buttons cause problems too, as it's an internal firmware/hardware thing
Marshall Aby
Katelyn Hoctor
yup when pressing both scratch buttons the jog leds turn off on mine aswell so guess it must be a feature like disco mode when pressing the slice and echo on the left deck when turning the unit on
Hyacinth Sabulsky
that happens for me when i turn off scratch mode too, but can you make the jog wheels go dark by pressing both scratch buttons at the same time? just wondering if this is a bug or a feature.
Katelyn Hoctor
it works perfectly fine on my vci100 with 1.4 firmware without scratch mode only the centre of the jogs adjusts pitch

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy