Using VCI 100 MK2 as a sound card for normal computer use

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Using VCI 100 MK2 as a sound card for normal computer useReply
Using VCI 100 MK2 as a sound card for normal computer use
Posted on: 21.09.2012 by Rosanna Figarola
Hi guys i have a new vci 100 mk2 and want to use it as a sound card to listen to itunes when i'm not mixing, i have tried and it works but there is no volume control and its driving me crazy, as i can have volume control when using traktor but not for normal computer operation. Does anyone have any idea how to acheive this? I'm using a mac.

Please help!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by fitzyp
But then you need to have traktor open the whole time. Can't you just control volume like you normally do on your computer. If you chose the vci100 as your primary soundcard in your control panel.
Maybe it is difference in our native languages but I did understand he wants to use traktor for volume adjust since there isn't volume control by hardware. It was one of options that come on my mind first.
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by Stewe
Make live input in traktor deck. Connect your mac audio line output into VCI input and change deck into live input.
But then you need to have traktor open the whole time. Can't you just control volume like you normally do on your computer. If you chose the vci100 as your primary soundcard in your control panel.
Rosanna Figarola
Hi guys i have a new vci 100 mk2 and want to use it as a sound card to listen to itunes when i'm not mixing, i have tried and it works but there is no volume control and its driving me crazy, as i can have volume control when using traktor but not for normal computer operation. Does anyone have any idea how to acheive this? I'm using a mac.

Please help!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by fitzyp
Maybe it is difference in our native languages but I did understand he wants to use traktor for volume adjust since there isn't volume control by hardware. It was one of options that come on my mind first.
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by Stewe
Make live input in traktor deck. Connect your mac audio line output into VCI input and change deck into live input.
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy