VCI 100 new firmware, jog wheel problems, help please!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 new firmware, jog wheel problems, help please!Reply
VCI 100 new firmware, jog wheel problems, help please!
Posted on: 06.11.2012 by Eula Drane
Hi

I recently went through a lot of pain updating my vci100 to the newest firmware. Once I had done it I remapped my whole controller.

The problem was that when i mapped the outer part of my jog wheels to nudge/tempo bend up and down, it doesnt actually work when I open traktor the next time. Even though I can see that the mappings are still there?

If I do midi learn again, and then turn the outer jog wheel then it works again, until I close the program.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great ot hear as Ive posted on threads and got no reply, and really starting to wish I never updated th firmware because of the trouble Ive hd!

Cheers
Eula Drane
Hi

I recently went through a lot of pain updating my vci100 to the newest firmware. Once I had done it I remapped my whole controller.

The problem was that when i mapped the outer part of my jog wheels to nudge/tempo bend up and down, it doesnt actually work when I open traktor the next time. Even though I can see that the mappings are still there?

If I do midi learn again, and then turn the outer jog wheel then it works again, until I close the program.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great ot hear as Ive posted on threads and got no reply, and really starting to wish I never updated th firmware because of the trouble Ive hd!

Cheers
Warner Rotberg
Let me know if that mapping works when you get a chance.

Also, one other thing I've thought of. When you set up your VCI-100 the first time in Traktor, did you go through Traktors options that pop up? I found I had no end of trouble when I did that and it tooks me AGES to work out what it was. I would go to your mappings option, delete everything from the tsi devices bit, except the keyboard and then import the mapping of your choice the proper way.

If you dont know what im talking about, let me know and ill explain in more detail.
Eula Drane
Anyone else got any ideas, Im going a bit mad here!
Eula Drane
Yeah i save my .tsi file, and even if I reload it on opening traktor again, it doesnt work. I have to re-learn teh midi just for those outer wheels. i dont get it at all, but seem to get no replies from my posts on this community about it! its driving me nuits, i cant mix!

thanks for the reply,a nd if anyone can shed on light on this that would be great
Warner Rotberg
Have you tried saving or exporting your own .tsi file? And when you close Traktor, do u close ir properly and not just leave it open so the battery dies?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy