New S2 Mapping into VCI-100 mapping?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: New S2 Mapping into VCI-100 mapping?Reply
New S2 Mapping into VCI-100 mapping?
Posted on: 17.11.2011 by Karena Katherine
Hey all!

I was wondering if anybody might know how to make it possible for the jog wheel effects setting from the S2 mapping (DJTT) and make it happen on the VCI-100?
Ema Screws
Originally Posted by skipp2miloo
I have read through the whole thread but I am still lost as to where and how to load the effects for jog fx mode. Currently when I turn on jog FX mode the effect values in the banks don't move. If someone could break it down for me a little more I would really appreciate it. This mapping looks amazing Klaemo! Thanks for putting in the man hours for all of us.
I have the same problem.

the dry/wet move if i scratch on the jog but the other banks make nothing :/

I have also an S2 with Beaus amazing mapping and at this the JOGFX work like a charm

Would be very very cool if it works like that on the VCI
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by ronnin45
I dont know why but with this mapping doesnt work the jogs for scratch or bend, only work in fx mode.
You can fixit?
I can't reproduce that. Works fine for me. Did you import the mapping twice and restart Traktor? What firmware and what Traktor version do you have?

Originally Posted by [email protected]
hey thanks klaemo! the new fx presets sound so awesome! much more useful than the previous fx presets. thanks so much for all your effort!

a couple notes:

it seems that the buttons below the four horizontal knobs no longer have any function when in bank 1 or 2. they used to turn on or off the 3 fx slots and load new effect when pushing shift + button. they do still trigger and load samples into sample deck when in bank 3.

also, when in fader fx mode, the line faders no longer control any effects.

i know it must be a huge endeavor to duplicate and edit a mapping so complex so hats off to you my friend!
you're talking about the buttons, right? I see what you mean, it only seems to happen once you have loaded an fx preset for jog fx mode. I'll look into it.

line faders: well, there no longer is a fader FX mode. it's JogFX now, like in the S2 mapping. or do you mean something else?
Rosenda Pinelo
Just use simple 9 pin male to female serial cable . You can buy this cable in any electronic shop , ive bought mine from Maplins for 9.99
Ema Screws
Klameo? Do you still watch this Thread and improve/fix the Mapping also the C/D Part ?

Would be awsome!!!!!!
Ema Screws
Originally Posted by skipp2miloo
I have read through the whole thread but I am still lost as to where and how to load the effects for jog fx mode. Currently when I turn on jog FX mode the effect values in the banks don't move. If someone could break it down for me a little more I would really appreciate it. This mapping looks amazing Klaemo! Thanks for putting in the man hours for all of us.
I have the same problem.

the dry/wet move if i scratch on the jog but the other banks make nothing :/

I have also an S2 with Beaus amazing mapping and at this the JOGFX work like a charm

Would be very very cool if it works like that on the VCI
Reid Capulin
Warner Rotberg
Can someone explain what difference this mapping is to the latest ean gold mapping, please? Ive just purchased the 1.4 upgrade kit and curious as to what use this may be to me.

Also, with the latest ean gold mapping, is the vci now completely sync only, as the outer jog wheel no longer controls pitch bend. Can i overcome that? I still love beatmatching.

Thanks,
Ema Screws
Are they exist any Video how it works and how it Sounds im very intrested in also @ klaemo did you had Time to finish the Mapping? I Love your mapping for the S2 but if this would all possible at the vci i buy me a vci Cause of its smaller size! Greeetz from Germany!!
Mayra Depasse
haha great to see people are actually using it
I've been kinda neglecting this mapping lately, but I'm hoping to get back to it fairly soon.
Tawnya Attia
Omg. i have NO idea how i never saw this thread before D=
I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get the jogfx
working the last 2 days and lo and behold a mapping already exists here!!!
I LOVE you Klaemo =D

edit:- Having played with it a LOT. i just LOVE this implementation
personally i don't really use the sample decks so i'm probably gonna revert it back
to being loop control and drops like it was in the version 3 mappings....

To believe i was believeing of grabbing an S2... Heh. you have restored my faith in the
good ole 100 =D
Aprizal Rustarmadi
thanks again klaemo for the mapping...im using it and loving most of it...

yeah a set wet/dry on the jogfx might be better as mentioned above and another thing i notice that is missing now is this function (taken from flashflooders original post explaining the functions of the 4.1 mapping):

If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.

this feature is currently outside the realm of practical application for me but i did like playing with it...

thanks again for your time an effort on this awesome mapping
Ami Callaghan
this its what i say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJm0mi7aUc
Ami Callaghan
I believe in the ean golden mapping the dry wet its a fixed value for each preset
and in your mapping goes up and down, this its a fixable part. and the jogs only work in scratch mode, or fx mode, but in no cd mode (scratch off) doesnt work, and its super necessary to work good in club with too much bass vibrations
Galina Mancinas
Just downloaded now, I'll load it up toevening and play around with it a bit.

I had thought about trying to take the 4.1 tsi and changing only the effects used in the JogFX combos. There's so much going on in that mapping I'm sure it wouldn't take much to break the functionality. I do really miss my ArmyofMe "whoosh" and a few other superknobs I had mapped before I went to fw1.4\4.1 tsi.

Big ups for tackling this and helping to delve in to what's a pretty tedius endeavor.
Mayra Depasse
I fixed the FX section bugs mentioned by brianpkelly. Check out version 1.1. Loading and controlling fx presets in non-JogFX mode should work as expected now.
Furthermore, I fixed a problem with the monitor cue buttons.

Enjoy!

PS: What do you guys believe about the FX presets from the S2 mapping? Did I adapt them accurately enough or should we tweak them somehow?
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by ronnin45
I dont know why but with this mapping doesnt work the jogs for scratch or bend, only work in fx mode.
You can fixit?
I can't reproduce that. Works fine for me. Did you import the mapping twice and restart Traktor? What firmware and what Traktor version do you have?

Originally Posted by [email protected]
hey thanks klaemo! the new fx presets sound so awesome! much more useful than the previous fx presets. thanks so much for all your effort!

a couple notes:

it seems that the buttons below the four horizontal knobs no longer have any function when in bank 1 or 2. they used to turn on or off the 3 fx slots and load new effect when pushing shift + button. they do still trigger and load samples into sample deck when in bank 3.

i know it must be a huge endeavor to duplicate and edit a mapping so complex so hats off to you my friend!
you're talking about the buttons, right? I see what you mean, it only seems to happen once you have loaded an fx preset for jog fx mode. I'll look into it.

line faders: well, there no longer is a fader FX mode. it's JogFX now, like in the S2 mapping. or do you mean something else?
Aprizal Rustarmadi

a couple notes:

Ami Callaghan
You can fixit?
Della Kalender
big ups to klaemo.. will be checking this out this weekend
Ami Callaghan
Thanks for your work, klaemo!
i gonna try it now!
Thanks a lot!
Mayra Depasse
As I've been pretty busy I didn't get around finishing the mapping. The 4 deck support isn't quite complete.
I had to change the modifiers quite a bit to accommodate the two seperate FX groups. That meant copying pretty much every control multiple times, and as you know that's tedious as hell.

Anyways, the mapping is based on DJTT's v4.1 for the VCI. FX selection works as in 3.6.4 (tiny black button + headphone cue). I tried to model the FX chains as closely after Ean's video as possible, but as that's the only source I had, I'm not sure how accurate they are. The 4th preset slot is empty, but could be used for another cool effect.
Important: when first starting up Traktor you have to load one of the presets in each deck (A&B currently) before being able to use JogFX mode.

FX banks 1&2 are used for the jog FX, 3&4 slicer and echo.

As I said, everything concerning decks C&D is really wonky, but the rest should work fine.

Let me know what you believe.

Cheers,
klaemo

PS: obviously it only works reliably with FW 1.4. I have no idea how it behaves on < 1.4

edit: I fixed the FX section bugs mentioned by brianpkelly. Check out version 1.1. Loading and controlling fx presets in non-JogFX mode should work as expected now.
Furthermore, I fixed a problem with the monitor cue buttons.
Rosenda Pinelo
Just use simple 9 pin male to female serial cable . You can buy this cable in any electronic shop , ive bought mine from Maplins for 9.99
Kandi Odom
I want to upgrade my firmware to 1.4 i even have the kit to do it but i just can seem to find a serial to serial cable!!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Ami Callaghan
Originally Posted by MrAybar
will these work for non SE versions??
I believe only works on se version on firmware 1.4.
its because uses settings only a avaible in 1.4 fw.
I recomend you, updqte your vci it cheaper and easy
And later you hav a professional dj controller. I mix in a pro
Scene and works very well, cOmpared to pionner cdjs or other
Dj hardware, now i can be shure the vci100 1.4 its better than any
One kontroller in the market, excepts only traktor s4/s2, because
Native system Its better than midi orders.
Kandi Odom
will these work for non SE versions??
Ami Callaghan
I check this topic 2 times at day, i need this mapping!!!
XD +1 To see this mapping
Aprizal Rustarmadi
chomping at the bit! thanks for sharing!!
Ned Somerset
+1 to see this mapping
Galina Mancinas
Originally Posted by klaemo
I'm almost done with the S2 mapping for the VCI-100.

I'll try to post it in a few days.
I, for one, can't wait to see how this comes out.
Della Kalender
I'm almost done with the S2 mapping for the VCI-100

Sweet.. i was going to start working on this during the weekend but im slow.. more than happy to test it though
Mayra Depasse
I'm almost done with the S2 mapping for the VCI-100.

I'll try to post it in a few days.
Della Kalender
Me too.... I would imagine its alot like the 4.0 mapping with different fx / parameters based on what I see in the video... It's definitely do able
Eli Hergonz
because you obliviously wanted it.
Karena Katherine
Why pay for something that I wont use everyday?!?! And only for even part of the tsi....
Eli Hergonz
so buy that TSI and see what he did, even f you dont know how to map , just look and even wright down everything and things will be clearer
Karena Katherine
Originally Posted by mekon_ca
its easy. We just need midi for each control on S2 and on VCI-100 so we can make conversions in PURE DATA and little,just a little, tweaking in TSI map and thats it. We even have a spare of controls on VCI.

Sorry I didn't explain the title better but I'm believeing of the mere fact of taking what ean changed in his new video and making a more sophisticated fader fx
Karena Katherine
I'm glad someone else is interested in this! I wish I knew more about mapping controllers and such to help out! Possibly another idea might be using the volume and tempo faders to control another 3 effects chain to make the sounds even more unique?

Can it happen?
Eli Hergonz
its easy. We just need midi for each control on S2 and on VCI-100 so we can make conversions in PURE DATA and little,just a little, tweaking in TSI map and thats it. We even have a spare of controls on VCI.

Mayra Depasse
give me some more information and links on what you guys want and i might take a stab at it.
Rosaria Reneman
I was wondering this as well. I know that the current mapping for VCI has an effect like that when pressing the "Fader FX" button on the VCI-100SE. I can't imagine it being too hard but I have never had to map a controller like that so
I could be completely wrong.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy