FAQ: Mappings for the VCI-100

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: FAQ: Mappings for the VCI-100Reply
FAQ: Mappings for the VCI-100
Posted on: 02.02.2012 by Mayra Depasse
So, there are a bunch of mappings floating around these community s. The threads for each of them are pretty long and confusing for beginners and I've read more and more questions about the differences.
In this post I just want to summarize in a few words which mapping might be the best for YOUR VCI-100.

The features of the mappings are explained in detail in the specific threads (just follow the links).

You're using Traktor Pro 2.x (preferably the newest version available):
There are the following options:

You're using Traktor Pro 1.x:

I'v read something about different firmware version for the VCI-100. What's up with that?
The original VCI-100 came with either firmware version 1.1 or 1.2.
DJTT developed 1.3 and 1.4, which fix a lot of bugs and add new features.
If you want to use one of the newer mappings, I urge you to upgrade to firmware 1.4 as it will get you the most reliable results.

Click here to learn more about firmwares!
And for older versions.

Please, let me know if I should add anything to the list or if I made mistakes.
Leia Ehrmann
Originally Posted by klaemo
SE and non-SE are essentially the same thing. Also it says you should use fw 1.4 if possible.
Ok cheers
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by Smith1802
Hi I am completely new to dj'ing and have bought a vci-100 with firmware version 1.1. I am using traktor pro 2 also. I am confused as what mapping is best to use and what firmware to upgrade to. It's not an se version, just the normal one. Can someone please advise me on what firmware to use and what mapping is best? Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but did you even read the first post of this thread. You should find answers there.
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by tuckerdgreat
Hi all ..im in need of some serious help...i have vci 100 se(non arcade)....i suddenly found time to practice my trade...ive downloaded the latest file v4.1...im running macbook pro....hte file simply isnt working..thankfully i havent put the new overlay on the controller yes...any help will be well apreciated
thx in advance
a little more info would be nice. what doesn't work?
did you use the big import button and import it twice...restart traktor and all that?
Mayra Depasse
So, there are a bunch of mappings floating around these community s. The threads for each of them are pretty long and confusing for beginners and I've read more and more questions about the differences.
In this post I just want to summarize in a few words which mapping might be the best for YOUR VCI-100.

The features of the mappings are explained in detail in the specific threads (just follow the links).

You're using Traktor Pro 2.x (preferably the newest version available):
There are the following options:

You're using Traktor Pro 1.x:

I'v read something about different firmware version for the VCI-100. What's up with that?
The original VCI-100 came with either firmware version 1.1 or 1.2.
DJTT developed 1.3 and 1.4, which fix a lot of bugs and add new features.
If you want to use one of the newer mappings, I urge you to upgrade to firmware 1.4 as it will get you the most reliable results.

Click here to learn more about firmwares!
And for older versions.

Please, let me know if I should add anything to the list or if I made mistakes.
Leia Ehrmann
Originally Posted by klaemo
SE and non-SE are essentially the same thing. Also it says you should use fw 1.4 if possible.
Ok cheers
Mayra Depasse
Leia Ehrmann
Yea but thats the se. Is here any difference? Also it doesnt specify what the best firmware is to use
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by Smith1802
Hi I am completely new to dj'ing and have bought a vci-100 with firmware version 1.1. I am using traktor pro 2 also. I am confused as what mapping is best to use and what firmware to upgrade to. It's not an se version, just the normal one. Can someone please advise me on what firmware to use and what mapping is best? Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but did you even read the first post of this thread. You should find answers there.
Leia Ehrmann
Tawnya Attia
Its pretty straightforward actually. in the audio setup make sure internal is selected.
now for the monitor make sure u select the appropriate channel left and right outs for the cueing (on my audio 4 its channel b left and right) and the master output left and right (channel a left and right for me)
Glen Crohn
ok got it to work....only thing not working now is the headphone cue...im using ni audio 8 dj i can hear one side but not the othere ...any suggesstions?

thx
Glen Crohn
hi i appreciate ur help....theres a few things not workin here...i corrected the ports....now sum of the knobs turn...the meters go up and down (to show sound)...there are no faders (including cross fader)...and there are no output levels on the (top) main out put..so i am not getting any sound....also if i close the settings box and reopen the device set up defaults to traktor 2 pro mapping

thank you
Tawnya Attia
@tuckerdgreat:- Like klaemo said some info would be nice.... however. I believe i know
what your problem is. after importing the mapping using the big import button make sure
to assign the midi in and out ports to "vestax vci 100". that should make the controller work for
you sometimes importing a mapping keeps them on n/a and the controller just doesnt work.
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by tuckerdgreat
Hi all ..im in need of some serious help...i have vci 100 se(non arcade)....i suddenly found time to practice my trade...ive downloaded the latest file v4.1...im running macbook pro....hte file simply isnt working..thankfully i havent put the new overlay on the controller yes...any help will be well apreciated
thx in advance
a little more info would be nice. what doesn't work?
did you use the big import button and import it twice...restart traktor and all that?
Tawnya Attia
Thanks so much for creating this thread =D I had somehow completely missed your s2 style jogfx mapping.
been working on my own version (and failing horribly) for 2 days now and this totally saved me from wasting
more time...
Glen Crohn
thx in advance
Della Kalender
this thread has been really helpful for me. Thanks alot klaemo and anyone else whose worked on it
Mayra Depasse
It doesn't cover the newer mappings, though, does it?
Leeanna Ayla
Great post, but there's a change log stickie that covers all this.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=21241

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy