Led output colors

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Led output colorsReply
Led output colors
Posted on: 25.08.2009 by Aprizal Rustarmadi
im curious about the output colors for the vci-100 LEDs. i bought my vci-100 directly from vestax and later upgraded the firmware to 1.3 and run it with the tsi 2.3 version. the only colors ive seen on this machine are orange and green (aside from the blue and red under the jog wheels.) is the blue color only available on machines purchased from djtts?
Albina Califano
I also modded my VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted Vestax in Portugal for the repair,and they asked me 46
Albina Califano
I also modded my VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted Vestax in Portugal for the repair,and they asked me 46
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Albina Califano
Sharolyn Narramore
Originally Posted by hurundi
i was planning to mod my leds too, but now that i have to live without led-feedback if i want to run a stable system (yes, i'm a pc user..) it wouldn't make much sense.

but i still got the jog-wheels lighting up and i'm not the biggest fan of the blue lights, it's just too hard finding my veins in this light did anybody try to change the leds for the jog-wheel? or is it somehow possible to invert the colors, so that red is standard and blue if i touch them?
Its the same concept to change the jog wheel lights. They will only fit 3mm though. I tired to put 5mm leds on and the jogs didn't clear the light.

To Nano i have no idea regarding the led voltage.
Sharolyn Narramore
Using a solder sucker or desoldering iron suck up the remaining solder so you can put your new LED in.

Make sure you cut the LED above the part where it flattens a tiny bit. Don
Aprizal Rustarmadi
im curious about the output colors for the vci-100 LEDs. i bought my vci-100 directly from vestax and later upgraded the firmware to 1.3 and run it with the tsi 2.3 version. the only colors ive seen on this machine are orange and green (aside from the blue and red under the jog wheels.) is the blue color only available on machines purchased from djtts?
Albina Califano
Karl Forde
Fa5ky,

Thanks for the tutorial. I bought the LEDs you suggested on the main DJTT site tutorial, but destroyed a VCI-100 on my first attempt. Now I've got a friend who's an electronics engineer to help me perform this mod on a new VCI-100, but he said he is reticent to get involved until I know a little more info about the components to be replaced and the new one's I've bought. He said if they draw to much current or require more voltage I could mess up the unit.

So after all this time, is your VCI-100 still working as it was originally? Have there been any strange occurrences regarding it's stability or outputting of MIDI data? Any crashes?

Your response would be greatly appreciated.
Wai Rofkahr
This is great! Someone should switch to the LED's that rotate different colors
Deedra Vijayan
Thanx for your help fa5ky!

I believe is 3,3 V. I call to Vestax. his says the Voltage are 3,3 V. The Type of LEd is SLR343BCT (if somevbody need).

Greeetz

Nanos
Sharolyn Narramore
Originally Posted by hurundi
i was planning to mod my leds too, but now that i have to live without led-feedback if i want to run a stable system (yes, i'm a pc user..) it wouldn't make much sense.

but i still got the jog-wheels lighting up and i'm not the biggest fan of the blue lights, it's just too hard finding my veins in this light did anybody try to change the leds for the jog-wheel? or is it somehow possible to invert the colors, so that red is standard and blue if i touch them?
Its the same concept to change the jog wheel lights. They will only fit 3mm though. I tired to put 5mm leds on and the jogs didn't clear the light.

To Nano i have no idea regarding the led voltage.
Liza Lamonde

Deedra Vijayan
can u tell me waht kind of LED ist it? 5v? or 3V?

Thanx for answer!

Nanos
Sharolyn Narramore
not sure. I just bought some leds off of ebay. they are 3mm if that helps
Deedra Vijayan
Witch LED type is it? SLR 343?

Nanos
Mac Fly
That looks sweet man
Sharolyn Narramore
sorry for the not so detailed pics. I didnt have anyone around to take pics while i did the work.
Sharolyn Narramore
Using a solder sucker or desoldering iron suck up the remaining solder so you can put your new LED in.

Make sure you cut the LED above the part where it flattens a tiny bit. Don
Sharolyn Narramore
What’s up DJTT this is my tutorial on how to change your LEDs. You might be wondering why in the world would I take the time to do an almost purely cosmetic mod, well in my opinion its more then cosmetic. I had a problem with my VCI and using it outdoors or even indoors on a sunny day, I couldn’t see the LEDs! Now this might not seem like a serious problem but when you are jamming you want to be able to know what deck is playing, what effects are on etc, at a glance. The boring green and yellow that comes on VCI’s (except the SE from djtt) are just that, boring, and they don’t have much of a contrast in a daylight setting. So I decided to switch mine to white, blue and red for their contrast and the brightness ( and droooolllzz factor). This tutorial will also come in handy if you just want to replace some dim or dead LEDS. You do this mod at your own risk. I am assuming you have some soldering experience and won’t burn up your circuit board.

Things Needed
VCI-100
3mm LEDS-I bought mine from ebay, $6 for 100 leds you can choose how many of each color you want. I went with 40 x Blue, 40 x White, and 20 x Red.
Soldering iron and a solder sucker, or just a desoldering iron
Clamp or extra set of hands to hold the circuit board steady while you remove the LEDS

First off you need to take your vci-100 apart. If you are doing the arcade mod, now is the perfect time to do this LED mod also since you have everything taken apart. Here is the video on how to do the arcade mod and it basically shows you how to disassemble your VCI in a safe way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mdn...layer_embedded

Now it’s time to desolder your LEDs. The easiest way is to heat up both the leads on the underside and using needle nose pliers to pull the LED out once the leads are both heated.

I’m using the old transport buttons since I didn’t take pictures when I was doing my mod. It’s the same concept.

Now add some solder to connect the two leads so they can heat up evenly.

While heating up the leads pull on the LED with the pliers (don’t pull to hard or you might break the led or worst the circuit board, it should come out with some wiggling and a tiny bit of force)

You should be left with this on the underside.
Sharolyn Narramore
Im working on a tutorial right now. Been busy with school and experimenting with the vci. Should be up by the end of the day.
Mac Fly
Maby if DJTT did a little tutorial on replacing led's it would really be a great help to newbies. hint hint
Aprizal Rustarmadi
yeah i was believeing of tackling this project. i believe the blue looks sweet as. i also would like to know where to get the leds and if you have any tips or advice, that would be appreciated too...thanks
Mee Sulier
is there a tutorial to do it yourself... where do you get the leds
Sharolyn Narramore
Yes, its orange/green and some are red if i remember correct. The only vci's that come with blue and white leds are the vci-100se's from djtt. You can diy though its not to hard if you have some soldering experience. I just did mine and it took about an hour to do all of them.Looks alot better imo and you can see the leds alot better in normal daylight conditions.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy