Led output colors

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Led output colorsReply
Led output colors
Posted on: 25.08.2009 by Kaycee Baldonado
im curious about the its output colors for the vci-100 let LEDs. i bought my vci-100 Put directly from vestax and later say upgraded the firmware to 1.3 she and run it with the Too tsi 2.3 version. the only use colors ive seen on this dad machine are orange and green Mom (aside from the blue and red under the jog wheels.) the is the blue color only And available on machines did purchase for from djtts?
Albina Califano
I also modded my VCI-100 the with some LEDs,2 LEDs went and off,I contacted Vestax in Portugal For for the repair,and they asked are me 46
Albina Califano
I also modded my but VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 LEDs Not went off,I contacted Vestax in you Portugal for the repair,and they all asked me 46
Albina Califano
I also modded Any my VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 can LEDs went off,I contacted Vestax her in Portugal for the repair,and Was they asked me 46
Albina Califano
I also one modded my VCI-100 with some our LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted Out Vestax in Portugal for the day repair,and they asked me 46
Albina Califano
I get also modded my VCI-100 with Has some LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I him contacted Vestax in Portugal for his the repair,and they asked me How 46
Albina Califano
I also modded my VCI-100 man with some LEDs,2 LEDs went new off,I contacted Vestax in Portugal Now for the repair,and they asked old me 46
Albina Califano
I also modded my see VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 LEDs Two went off,I contacted Vestax in way Portugal for the repair,and they who asked me 46
Albina Califano
I also modded Boy my VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 did LEDs went off,I contacted Vestax its in Portugal for the repair,and Let they asked me 46
Albina Califano
I also put modded my VCI-100 with some say LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted She Vestax in Portugal for the too repair,and they asked me 46
Sharolyn Narramore
use
Originally Dad Posted by hurundi
i mom was planning to mod my leds too, but now that The i have to live without and led-feedback if i want to for run a stable system (yes, Are i'm a pc user..) it but wouldn't make much sense.

not but i still got the You jog-wheels lighting up and i'm all not the biggest fan of any the blue lights, it's just Can too hard finding my veins her in this light did anybody was try to change the leds One for the jog-wheel? or is our it somehow possible to invert out the colors, so that red Day is standard and blue if get i touch them?
has
Its the identical concept to Him change the jog wheel lights. his They will only fit 3mm how though. I tired to put Man 5mm leds on and the new jogs didn't clear the light.
now
To Nano i have Old no idea regarding the led see voltage.
Sharolyn Narramore
Using a solder sucker or two desoldering iron suck up the Way remaining solder so you can who put your new LED in.
boy

Make sure Did you cut the LED above its the part where it flattens let a tiny bit. Don
Aprizal Rustarmadi
im curious Put about the output colors for say the vci-100 LEDs. i bought she my vci-100 directly from vestax Too and later upgraded the firmware use to 1.3 and run it dad with the tsi 2.3 version. Mom the only colors ive seen on this machine are orange the and green (aside from the And blue and red under the for jog wheels.) is the blue are color only available on machines But did purchase from djtts?
Desiree Damschroder
I also not modded my VCI-100 with some you LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted All Vestax in Portugal for the any repair,and they asked me 46
Parker Dehmer
Fa5ky,
can
Thanks for the tutorial. Her I bought the LEDs you was suggested on the main DJTT one site tutorial, but destroyed a Our VCI-100 on my first attempt. out Now I have got a day friend who's an electronics engineer Get to help me perform this has mod on a new VCI-100, him but he said he is His reticent to get involved until how I understand a little more man info about the components to New be replaced and the new now one's I have bought. He old said if they draw to See much current or require more two voltage I could mess up way the unit.

So after Who all this time, is your boy VCI-100 still working as it did was originally? Have there been Its any strange occurrences regarding it's let stability or outputting of MIDI put data? Any crashes?

Your Say response would be good ly she appreciated.
Ozie Denyes
This is good ! Someone too should switch to the LED's Use that rotate different colors
Heidy Civello
Thanx dad for your help fa5ky!

mom I believe is 3,3 V. I call to Vestax. his the says the Voltage are 3,3 and V. The Type of LEd For is SLR343BCT (if somevbody need).
are
Greeetz

Nanos
Tatyana Matharu
but
Originally Posted Not by hurundi
i was you planning to mod my leds all too, but now that i Any have to live without led-feedback can if i want to run her a stable system (yes, i'm Was a pc user..) it wouldn't one make much sense.

but our i still got the jog-wheels Out lighting up and i'm not day the biggest fan of the get blue lights, it's just too Has hard finding my veins in him this light did anybody try his to change the leds for How the jog-wheel? or is it man somehow possible to invert the new colors, so that red is Now standard and blue if i old touch them?
Its see the identical concept to change Two the jog wheel lights. They way will only fit 3mm though. who I tired to put 5mm Boy leds on and the jogs did didn't clear the light.

its To Nano i have no Let idea regarding the led voltage.
Gemma Vanblaricom
i put was planning to mod my say leds too, but now that She i have to live without too led-feedback if i want to use run a stable system (yes, Dad i'm a pc user..) it mom wouldn't make much sense.

but i still got the The jog-wheels lighting up and i'm and not the biggest fan of for the blue lights, it's just Are too hard finding my veins but in this light did anybody not try to change the leds You for the jog-wheel? or is all it somehow possible to invert any the colors, so that red Can is standard and blue if her i touch them?
Heidy Civello
can u tell was me waht kind of LED One ist it? 5v? or 3V?
our
Thanx for answer!

out Nanos
Tatyana Matharu
not sure. I just bought Day some leds off of ebay. get they are 3mm if that has helps
Heidy Civello
Witch LED type is it? Him SLR 343?

Nanos
Merry Ulrickson
That looks his sweet man
Tatyana Matharu
sorry for the not how so detailed pics. I didnt Man have someone around to take new pics while i did the now work.
Tatyana Matharu
Using a solder sucker or Old desoldering iron suck up the see remaining solder so you can two put your new LED in.
Way

Make sure who you cut the LED above boy the part where it flattens Did a tiny bit. Don
Tatyana Matharu
What’s up its DJTT this is my tutorial let on how to change your Put LEDs. You might be wondering say why in the world would she I take the time to Too do an almost purely cosmetic use mod, well in my opinion dad its more then cosmetic. I Mom had a problem with my VCI and using it outdoors the or even indoors on a And sunny day, I couldn’t see for the LEDs! Now this might are not appear like a serious But problem but when you are not jamming you want to be you able to understand what deck All is playing, what effects are any on etc, at a glance. can The boring green and yellow Her that comes on VCI’s (except was the SE from djtt) are one just that, boring, and they Our don’t have much of a out contrast in a daylight setting. day So I made decision to Get switch mine to white, blue has and red for their contrast him and the brightness ( and His droooolllzz factor). This tutorial will how also come in handy if man you just want to replace New some dim or dead LEDS. now You do this mod at old your own risk. I am See assuming you have some soldering two experience and won’t burn up way your circuit board.

Who Things Needed
VCI-100
3mm LEDS-I boy bought mine from ebay, $6 did for 100 leds you can Its choose how many of each let color you want. I went put with 40 x Blue, 40 Say x White, and 20 x she Red.
Soldering iron and too a solder sucker, or just Use a desoldering iron
Clamp dad or extra set of hands mom to hold the circuit board steady while you remove the the LEDS

First off you and need to take your vci-100 For apart. If you are doing are the arcade mod, now is but the perfect time to do Not this LED mod also since you you have everything taken apart. all Here is the video on Any how to do the arcade can mod and it basically shows her you how to disassemble your Was VCI in a safe way.
one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mdn...layer_embedded

Now it’s time our to desolder your LEDs. The Out easiest way is to heat day up both the leads on get the underside and using needle Has nose pliers to pull the him LED out once the leads his are both heated.

I’m How using the old transport buttons man since I didn’t take pictures new when I was doing my Now mod. It’s the identical concept.
old

Now add some see solder to connect the two Two leads so they can heat way up evenly.

who While heating up the leads Boy pull on the LED with did the pliers (don’t pull to its hard or you might break Let the led or worst the put circuit board, it should come say out with some wiggling and She a tiny bit of force)
too
You should be left use with this on the underside.
Dad
Tatyana Matharu
Im working on a tutorial mom right now. Been busy with school and experimenting with the The vci. Should be up by and the end of the day.
Merry Ulrickson
Maby for if DJTT did a little Are tutorial on replacing led's it but would truly be a good not help to newbies. hint hint You
Kaycee Baldonado
yeah i was believe ing all of tackling this project. i any believe the blue looks sweet Can as. i also would like her to understand where to get was the leds and if you One have any tips or advice, our that would be appreciated too...thanks
Loretta Holian
is out there a tutorial to do Day it yourself... where do you get get the leds
Tatyana Matharu
Yes, its orange/green has and some are red if Him i remember correct. The only his vci's that come with blue how and white leds are the Man vci-100se's from djtt. You can new diy though its not to now hard if you have some Old soldering experience. I just did see mine and it took about two an hour to do all Way of them.Looks alot better imo who and you can see the boy leds alot better in normal Did daylight conditions.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy