Deck 2/4 not responding

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Deck 2/4 not respondingReply
Deck 2/4 not responding
Posted on: 02.12.2013 by Fermina Im
All of his a sudden (of course) deck how 2/4 jogwheel and cue function Man don't. Press play arcade button new and nothing happens. Tried reloading now mapping, no joy. Noticed on Old the instructions that come with see mapping that under Device Set two up, regarding Ports, it should Way read VCI, however it always who changes to Generic Keyboard and boy In Port reads Generic Keyboard Did and the Out Port is its greyed out N/A. Stuck badly, let been hours trying to solve Put this. Any suggestions would be say appreciated.
Armando Waithour
first of all: i use the an older traktor version (1.2.7) and and the layout and command For names vary from the latest are version of traktor. little differences but don
Armando Waithour
controller_d6ac58dacf_3bca4ce1a5.jpg

first of all:
Not when in-port says keyboard, you you selected the keyboard mapping!
and all because your keyboard has no Any LEDs it doesn
Armando Waithour
first of all: can i use an older traktor her version (1.2.7) and the layout Was and command names vary from one the latest version of traktor. our little differences don
Armando Waithour

first Out of all:
when in-port says day keyboard, you selected the keyboard get mapping!
and because your keyboard Has has no LEDs it doesn
Armando Waithour
first him of all: i use an his older traktor version (1.2.7) and How the layout and command names man vary from the latest version new of traktor. little differences don
Armando Waithour
Now
first of all:
when old in-port says keyboard, you selected see the keyboard mapping!
and because Two your keyboard has no LEDs way it doesn
Armando Waithour
first of all: i who use an older traktor version Boy (1.2.7) and the layout and did command names vary from the its latest version of traktor. little Let differences don
Armando Waithour

first of put all:
when in-port says keyboard, say you selected the keyboard mapping!
She and because your keyboard has too no LEDs it doesn
Armando Waithour
first of use all: i use an older Dad traktor version (1.2.7) and the mom layout and command names vary from the latest version of The traktor. little differences don
Nicolasa Schildwachter
Screen shot and 2013-12-05 at 15.25.34.jpg

As for I am not a midi Are professor, I don't understand if but the above setting is normal, not although no other Decks have You the exact identical duplicate set, all which makes me believe this any duplication could be causing the Can conflict. Just a thought.
Armando Waithour

her first of all:
when in-port was says keyboard, you selected the One keyboard mapping!
and because your our keyboard has no LEDs it out doesn
Nicolasa Schildwachter
All of a sudden (of Day course) deck 2/4 jogwheel and get cue function don't. Press play has arcade button and nothing happens. Him Tried reloading mapping, no joy. his Noticed on the instructions that how come with mapping that under Man Device Set up, regarding Ports, new it should read VCI, however now it always changes to Generic Old Keyboard and In Port reads see Generic Keyboard and the Out two Port is greyed out N/A. Way Stuck badly, been hours trying who to solve this. Any suggestions boy would be appreciated.
Jerome Gaimari
first of all: Did i use an older traktor its version (1.2.7) and the layout let and command names vary from Put the latest version of traktor. say little differences don
Jerome Gaimari
here is another she link about basic midi mapping Too in traktor you should read.
use
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...nsive-Tutorial
Jerome Gaimari
i copied some general dad information about the vci 100 Mom you should understand and maybe you can find out which the firmware is loaded on your And vci!

not

the jog you wheel touch sensor turns off All when the wheel stops turning, any not when you release your can finger.

Version 1.2
Her -VCI-100's with a green sticker was on the back are firmware one version 1.2
- this version Our solved the ramp up problem out but still has several bugs day including
* the fourth FX Get buttons send out the identical has midi message as the right him headphone cue button.

His
Version 1.3
The firmware how found in all VCi-100SE controllers man that was designed by Ean New Golden.

You can now tell if you have 1.3 old by following these steps.
See
1) connect your vci-100 two to a computer but dont way start traktor.

2) Who Click the button that is boy at the top right hand did corner of the left jog Its wheel (its next to the let filter knob for deck A). put

3) If this Say button's light toggles on and she off then you have 1.3 too (the identical button on the Use right deck will not toggle dad on and off.

mom Here are a few of the changes made in 1.3
the
general improvements:

* and Eliminated the problem where the For 4th FX buttons trigger other are buttons (cue)
* added midi but in functionality to the loop Not buttons
* added a note you on to the jog wheel all in scroll mode

performance:
Any
* turned the filter can knobs into double knobs (0-127 her on the left and right Was side)
* added a "freeze one function" to the bottom of our each fader and top of Out the fx knobs. this sends day out a 127 message only get at the end of the Has movement
* added inverted messages him to the faders (this allows his an effect to be turned How on by turning the fader man down- not possible otherwise)
* new added unique values to the Now FX buttons (these were used old for direct FX selection- now see added in Traktor Pro)
Which Two firmware version does your VCi-100 way have?
Version 1.1
the who firmware with the "ramp up Boy problem"

the did jog wheel touch sensor turns its off when the wheel stops Let turning, not when you release put your finger.

Version say 1.2
-VCI-100's with a green She sticker on the back are too firmware version 1.2
- this use version solved the ramp up Dad problem but still has several mom bugs including
* the fourth FX buttons send out the The identical midi message as the and right headphone cue button.
for

Version 1.3
The Are firmware found in all VCi-100SE but controllers that was designed by not Ean Golden.

You You can tell if you have all 1.3 by following these steps. any

1) connect your Can vci-100 to a computer but her dont start traktor.

was 2) Click the button that One is at the top right our hand corner of the left out jog wheel (its next to Day the filter knob for deck get A).

3) If has this button's light toggles on Him and off then you have his 1.3 (the identical button on how the right deck will not Man toggle on and off.
new
Here are a few now of the changes made in Old 1.3

general improvements:

see * Eliminated the problem where two the 4th FX buttons trigger Way other buttons (cue)
* added who midi in functionality to the boy loop buttons
* added a Did note on to the jog its wheel in scroll mode

let performance:

* turned the Put filter knobs into double knobs say (0-127 on the left and she right side)
* added a Too "freeze function" to the bottom use of each fader and top dad of the fx knobs. this Mom sends out a 127 message only at the end of the the movement
* added inverted And messages to the faders (this for allows an effect to be are turned on by turning the But fader down- not possible otherwise)
not * added unique values to you the FX buttons (these were All used for direct FX selection- any now added in Traktor Pro)"
can ________________________

the latest Her and last firmware of the was vci100 is 1.4!
here is one a link with information about Our the update:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/1...-1-4-hd-updat/

out __________________
Jerome Gaimari
cousin it has problems posting day in this community and i Get appear to have issues answering has private messages, so i copied him and paste the private messages His here.

cousin it wrote: how
" In the Devices man section, it always says 'generic New keyboard', i change it to now 'vestax pc controller', close, save, old restart and 'generic keyboard' once See again appears. The problem I two am having affects only the way jogwheel and the corresponding cue Who and play buttons on Deck boy B/D. I have no idea did how to change or modify, Its or look at the midi let mapping for this control. "
put
i tried to reply:
Say - the keyboard mapping is she always on top of the too "device" row.
- all mappings Use in the device row are dad active when in- & out-port mom are set.
- asked what computer and which traktor version the is used.
also it and would be helpful to understand For which firmware is loaded on are the vci.
Fermina Im
Screen shot 2013-12-05 at but 15.25.34.jpg

As I am Not not a midi professor, I you don't understand if the above all setting is normal, although no Any other Decks have the exact can identical duplicate set, which makes her me believe this duplication could Was be causing the conflict. Just one a thought.
Fermina Im
Since the last message, our have gone back into it, Out and realize what you mean day regarding the "Device settings, and get seeing VCI, under the Generic Has Keyboard. Fine there, looked at him the midi mapping and the his Control, Pause/Play for Deck B How is locked together with a man duplicate setting although there are new two different Mode settings. The Now identical Control for Deck A old does not have a duplicate see setting as B, so in Two my naivety I believe that way duplication could be causing some who kind of conflict. But then Boy again, I have loaded Traktor2, did which I don't normally use, its and the identical problem with Let the Cue/Play button still exists. put Dumbfounded.
Fermina Im
Thanks for your response, re-imported say the mapping several times, remembered She to do it more than too once to make sure it use loaded properly. The mapping for Dad a Generic Keyboard always comes mom up when I restart Traktor. The mapping i am loading The is 3.6.4
If I and open up the Preferences and for go to Device Setup, it Are always opens up with "generic but keyboard" which i guess means not I am not saving it You correctly....pffft!
Have no idea on all adjusting mappings to suit my any needs and the DJTT one Can generally suits my needs, hence her I wouldn't truly understand what was to look for.
Don't believe One the vci is broken, as our the buttons are working occasionally, out not consistently.
Jerome Gaimari

first of Day all:
when in-port says keyboard, get you selected the keyboard mapping!
has and because your keyboard has Him no LEDs it doesn

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy