MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3Reply
MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3
Posted on: 29.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This is an update to the Instant Gratification Mapping (see the original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24514). This update to the mapping fixes the following bugs:

• T3 Delay LED not working on Deck D
  • If FX3 is a Single effect and you activate the Beatmasher supercombo (by pressing all 4 Mash buttons) it would toggle the Trans effect on while it switched FX3 from a Single to a Group/Chained effect. You could not release the Trans effect unless you triggered the supercombo again. I most commonly ran into this problem when using the Slice function on the VCI-100 together with the MF IG mapping.

If anyone finds anything else you consider to be a bug, please comment on this thread. Thanks!
Muoi Vanderlip
Originally Posted by Capicva
Is it just me or is this mapping not functional in Traktor 2.6.1?

[EDIT:]

100% functional, my bad, made an error while importing the mapping...
Which error is this? I've recently been trying to get this to work with Traktor (the newest) and a Numark Mixtrack, and I guess every way I try to import the .tsi must be wrong... what did you do differently to make it work?

I've been throwing myself as this thing for the last hour. Please let me know what I need to do differently other than use the lower-left "Import" button (which decides to forget my Mixtrack)!
Neal Ziegenbein
Originally Posted by magdalenee
anyone with F1 mapping ? I have problem FX holds, others mapping would be useful
I installed WoMec's mapping for my F1 and used it in my set for the first time yesterday.

OMG, the gratification does exactly what it says on the tin...its frigging awesome!!!

You can find the download link for it here:

Kontrol F1 - Instant Gratification Mapping

Its not 100% match for the midi fighter original, having only two decks (A & B) that you have to switch between manually, and it doesnt have the FX Bank save feature either. But all the button effects and super combos are in there...best bit about it is that by using Shift and Browse you can quickly toggle between the Gratification Midi Mapping and back to the standard F1 mode to fire off your Loops and one shots.

Give it a try, it definitely takes effects and track transitions in Traktor to a whole new level!!!
Mallie Guarez
anyone tried to "hack" this mapping for the akai mpd series? because i'm to lazy to build up my own effect chains (and to poor to buy a midifighter right now) i tried switching the commands to the correspondent channels from my mpd 26. basically it works, but there seem to be problems with the way you activate /deactive / hold effects.

since i want to use the effects in focus mode it would be really helpful to understand how exactly the freeze functions in the first row work and which combos should work.

any ideas or people around here, who managed to implement this mapping with a mpd? cheers and thanks for all the input and inspiration, djtt!
Muoi Vanderlip
"Upgraded" to Mavericks, wanted to dabble with this mapping again... not only is it not working no matter WHICH way I import it (it still insists on ALL the wrong effects), it lost my previous, quite functional and useful settings. What should I know about getting the MF Classic Instant Gratification Mapping working in Traktor 2.6.5 in OSX 10.9 on a Macbook Pro?
Jesusa Jenschke
Hi,

I'm unable to get flux mode working. The sync button does flash and flux mode shows active in traktor, but track doesn't flux when loop N is activated.

Help?

CX.
Elfrieda Valme
I'm having the same problem as Japaneseguy-- Deck B is shifted downward by one row, and has some commands are on Deck A. Any fix for this? Thanks DJTT!

A
Sharyn Prado
Im having trouble with 2.6.1 and my midi fighter classic. For some reason there are feedback artifacts that occur when pressing the beatmasher buttons. You basically get extra noises over and above the regular mashing, it sounds a bit like a mobile phone when it craps out and looses signal. Ive tried reverting back to an earlier version and it works normally. No idea whats happening here.
Jaunita Southerland
I got a problem after importing the .tsi with my MF classic in Traktor 2.6. It looks like my MF sends out midi signals, but the effects will not work (is it a possibility that the MF has different midi-signals?)Fixed the problem; the MF was sending out signals on ch1 in stead of ch3...

I do stumble upon the next problem, namely that the effects that the Traktor uses in combination with the inst. grat. mapping are not the right ones. The delay effect is picked in stead of the gater effect (just one example).. is there any way to fix this?

edit; problem fixed! I erased the Traktor 2.6 effects and the mapping works like a charm
Muoi Vanderlip
Ah. I was doing that before, but it turns out my problem was updating the ports, I didn't know one had to do that manually. Got the Mapping working wonderfully now, thanks for the help either way!
Maya Burchart
I mistakenly used the ADD button within Preferences>Controller Manager menu, rather than using the Import button on the bottom of the main preferences window. Once I correctly imported, everything went smoothly...
Muoi Vanderlip
Originally Posted by Capicva

Which error is this? I've recently been trying to get this to work with Traktor (the newest) and a Numark Mixtrack, and I guess every way I try to import the .tsi must be wrong... what did you do differently to make it work?

I've been throwing myself as this thing for the last hour. Please let me know what I need to do differently other than use the lower-left "Import" button (which decides to forget my Mixtrack)!
Maya Burchart

Kellie Myrum
Damn.. My Spectra is still at customs... I'll check this once I plug it in.
Meta Gutter
I've installed this mapping with my MIDI Fighter Spectra, and bank A seems to work fine. However, subsequent banks has the effects being pushed down by one row.

So, for example, where bank A row 3 has beatmasher, bank B row 3 has reverb, delay, LFO, and echo; beatmasher has been bumped down to row 4, and the gater, filter, and lofi has been bumped back to row 1 on bank A.
I've tried reinstalling the mapping several times, and I've reset my MIDI Fighter, but the problem persists.

I'm running Traktor 2.5. Please help!
Neal Ziegenbein
Originally Posted by magdalenee
anyone with F1 mapping ? I have problem FX holds, others mapping would be useful
I installed WoMec's mapping for my F1 and used it in my set for the first time yesterday.

OMG, the gratification does exactly what it says on the tin...its frigging awesome!!!

You can find the download link for it here:

Kontrol F1 - Instant Gratification Mapping

Its not 100% match for the midi fighter original, having only two decks (A & B) that you have to switch between manually, and it doesnt have the FX Bank save feature either. But all the button effects and super combos are in there...best bit about it is that by using Shift and Browse you can quickly toggle between the Gratification Midi Mapping and back to the standard F1 mode to fire off your Loops and one shots.

Give it a try, it definitely takes effects and track transitions in Traktor to a whole new level!!!
Mitsuko Hamade
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by MBHaakonsson
I have seen somewhere that this mapping isnt working that well with newest traktor, is that true?
If so, will a new mapping with different effekts come? Or an update so mapping will work??
True and not likely (unless you do it yourself).
As far as adding different FX to the existing mapping, that's fairly straightforward. The issues you'll likely experience with this outdated IG mapping and Traktor 2.6 are conflicts over the FX units between your S4 and MF mapping.
Pandora Viviano
I have seen somewhere that this mapping isnt working that well with newest traktor, is that true?
If so, will a new mapping with different effekts come? Or an update so mapping will work??

I really wanna know beacuse i am believeing of buying a MFC to use with this mapping and my S4
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by kenaveli
Awesome, got it thank you. I was trying everything I thought possible, very particular getting this setup correctly.
Good to know! Enjoy mate.
Milan Delekta
Originally Posted by Stewe
First export your mixtrack mapping but without effect settings checked. Load MF IG mapping twice from big import button with effect settings selected and then add mixtrack from device setup.
Awesome, got it thank you. I was trying everything I thought possible, very particular getting this setup correctly.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by kenaveli
I have 4 banks set to internal and set to Traktor mode with latest firmware update. While experimenting in Traktor 2.5, I somehow had the effects described in the diagram working. I then started over from scratch, as I wanted to add my Mixtrack Pro with its default mapping and then I imported the Midi Fighter. The effects I am getting from the Midi Fighter are not matching the diagram anymore. For instance Gater effects are now missing, Mashers are now different effects, and Lofi is now where Reverb should be. The setup is really cheezy now. Anyone have any clues as to what I am doing wrong or what might be happening?
First export your mixtrack mapping but without effect settings checked. Load MF IG mapping twice from big import button with effect settings selected and then add mixtrack from device setup.
Milan Delekta
I have 4 banks set to internal and set to Traktor mode with latest firmware update. While experimenting in Traktor 2.5, I somehow had the effects described in the diagram working. I then started over from scratch, as I wanted to add my Mixtrack Pro with its default mapping and then I imported the Midi Fighter. The effects I am getting from the Midi Fighter are not matching the diagram anymore. For instance Gater effects are now missing, Mashers are now different effects, and Lofi is now where Reverb should be. The setup is really cheezy now. Anyone have any clues as to what I am doing wrong or what might be happening?
Hui Santacroce
I've fixed some of the Instant Grat

Version 1.0.4(ish) working with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5.1 http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/764
Consuelo Wyskiel
what programme do i need in order to play with my midi fighter?
Anissa Pabla
Hey i just bought my midi fighter and after updating all drivers and installing the latest instant gratification tsi, i am getting completely different effects than is advertised in all the videos. I don't even have the beatmasher or the transpose combo... please help D:
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by lysknapp
will there be any 1.0.4 or maybe 2.0 of the Instant Gratification
with some new effects or combos.
Probably, although can't say for sure when this might be.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djkentaron
I got my midifighter and S2 from your site a while back and I installed this mapping and it has never done the fx listed above. All of row 3 is delays and now for some reason none of my combos work. I uninstalled the mapping, restarted everything, reinstalled it and sure enough all the mappings are off. There's a laundry list of mis-mapped functions I could give you but honestly, it's almost everything.

I believe this has to do with Traktor 2.5 being different from 2. I would really appreciate some help because right now this thing's current mapping (which is why I bought it) is worthless to me in any format. I'm not a programmer, I don't understand the language to code it, make mappings and such. I hope something new hits soon.
Re-import the mapping. It takes two imports for the FX settings to load properly which is why you're seeing the wrong effects get triggered than what is expected
Tamra Millus
will there be any 1.0.4 or maybe 2.0 of the Instant Gratification
with some new effects or combos.
Kassandra Caris
Originally Posted by gareth186
it says the second row from the bottom is the mash effect but mine is a delay? what am i doing wrong. i want mash! haha
I had the same problem, you imported the tsi wrong wrong. Click settings> and then import the tsi file using the import button at the very bottom next to setup wizard. Hope this helps. You might have to import it twice.
Janetta Score
I got my midifighter and S2 from your site a while back and I installed this mapping and it has never done the fx listed above. All of row 3 is delays and now for some reason none of my combos work. I uninstalled the mapping, restarted everything, reinstalled it and sure enough all the mappings are off. There's a laundry list of mis-mapped functions I could give you but honestly, it's almost everything.

I believe this has to do with Traktor 2.5 being different from 2. I would really appreciate some help because right now this thing's current mapping (which is why I bought it) is worthless to me in any format. I'm not a programmer, I don't understand the language to code it, make mappings and such. I hope something new hits soon.
Ivelisse Kazakos
yeah done everything again, i read through the 14 pages of this thread lol tried everything still didnt work, clsoed traktor unplugged midi fighter pluigged back in opened traktor and it worked lol.. happy as larry,

PS: mapping is mint! LOVE IT
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by jakewilliams
i have have 4 banks mode on and it still doesnt work
Did you copy it over twice?

Only advice I have is to start from scratch again man...it will work as mine only worked the third time I tried it from scratch and has been perfect ever since.
Ivelisse Kazakos
i have have 4 banks mode on and it still doesnt work
Ivelisse Kazakos
im having trouble with the top row of buttons, they have the same effects as bottom row only thing is its for deckB, im not quite sure how to change decks to get the full effects like bmasher etc on deckB,C and D.... i only recieved my midi fighter a few days ago
Morton Taccone
many thanks jon6oy, i will check all the settings in traktor
Saundra Deguia
So MF works with Ableton, but not Traktor? Sounds like there is a setting in Traktor that needs adjusting. If the MF works in ableton then it can't be the provelm
Morton Taccone
yes
I mean, i did everything, i also did it again with a friend who
Saundra Deguia
Have you selected midi fighter classic on the 'In and Out' ports on the top right hand side if the controller menu?
Morton Taccone
Originally Posted by kyoricheah
I Got a problem here . I following the Video Midi Fighter Instant Gratification Mapping to mapping on my S4 and Traktor Pro 2. u saw got signal on CTRL in Traktor But. the Effect is does't Work . What The Problem i Can't Settle It ?
Hello, just bought a midi fighter classic some weeks ago and i have the same problem.
I followed every step on the video and i did many times, i imported two times the file, etc etc. I even updated my mac to lopard as the midi fihghter utility wasn
Howard Argetsinger
i cant get my midi fighter to swtch into any of the decks with the instant gratifcation mapping can anyone help?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy