The Spectra > Instant Grats Isolate FX

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: The Spectra > Instant Grats Isolate FXReply
The Spectra > Instant Grats Isolate FX
Posted on: 23.04.2013 by Kellie Myrum
This mapping doesn't contain just the popular Gratify effects bat also an advanced performance tool to get even more creative.

Download from DJTT mappings page: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1455
-Unzip the file and import your "mfs" file in the MF utillity softwate and your "TSI" file in to Traktor.

Main features:

*INSTANT Gratification effects
*FX Unit focus selector
*Isolator FX for decks A and B (side buttons #1)
*EQ adjust for decks C and D (side buttons #2)

This mapping for Spectra has one main page where you would expect your Grats to be located at and other two sub-pages that can be reached and activated via side buttons.

Short demo:

Home page:

These are exact IG effects that everybody are used to but a little modified to fit this mapping. In order to utilize an Isolator in this TSI I needed to remove two supercombos because Traktor only support up to two modifier condition slots. Other thing which was modified is 'FX save' function that was mapped to your deck select buttons - now you can achieve the same result by holding any of effects > hitting side buttons (sub-page) and releasing the effect button. I've also added 'Kill FX' to your side buttons #3 so you can quickly got out of hold FX mode.

You can notice that left side buttons play on hold and right buttons are in toggling mode, thought it would be cool to make both of this functions so you can use hold mode to quickly access sub-layer while rocking on IG and to toggle them if you're using Spectra's Isolator as secondary controller in setup with your custom effect mapping engine.

Isolator FX page:

For those who never had a chance to use an isolated effects before, their purpose is to apply an effect on just one isolated frequency of the mix which is in this case High, Mids and Lows or any combination of them in general.

To understand how it works please read this DJTT blog: http://www.djranking s.com/2013/01/0...ng-in-traktor/

For the first time you enter this page you might want to hit the 'Set EQ' buttons (see pic) which will prepare your EQ's for ether C or D before using the Isolator. What this button does is to activate all EQ band kill buttons for decks C and D and deactivate them for decks A and B in case they were engaged before. The six dimly red buttons at each side are your Isolator EQ bend active buttons, once the any of frequencies is active that button will start to flash in green to indicate. Hitting your 'Set EQ' button again works as Isolator EQ reset feature.
As you know by now the way my Isolator works is by duplicating desired track in to corresponding deck which in this case is A>C and B>D so I made two buttons that does just that in this page. Once the button is pressed and deck gets it's copy this button will start to flash in the beat (hitting that button again stops the track in isolator deck if track was playing). There is also an individual sync button for both of Isolators located under the deck duplicator buttons. The bottom line:

Copy A to C > Active Isolator EQ band > focus FX unit to deck C > start mashing

The EQ adjust deck C and D:

I made this mode for setups for people who don't pack four channel mixers but still need some basic control over EQ bands for Isolator. You'll find third side button on both sides as shift state which combined with EQ adjust buttons sets volume to ether 0% or 50%. Also, I made some nice indication using Spectra's animation brightness velocity to display amount for each frequency and center detent as well as full EQ.

FX Unit focus selector:

What it basically does is to select all four units for that deck leaving other decks disengaged. Holding Isolator or EQ mode buttons makes this buttons to toggle all four FX units on any deck.

Stewe,
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DarioDeLima
Hey Stewe, quick question, are the spectra and 3D able to use the same mappings, will this mapping work on a 3d , is basically the question i should be asking, but in general will spectra mappings work for a 3d,curious as i just bought a 3D, but have not found any mappings out there with this isolate effects.
Thanks
Hey DarioDeLima,

Midifidler made a firmware that support all Spectra mappings for a 3D. You can install it using the utility.

Tools > Alternate firmware
Kellie Myrum
This mapping doesn't contain just the popular Gratify effects bat also an advanced performance tool to get even more creative.

Download from DJTT mappings page: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1455
-Unzip the file and import your "mfs" file in the MF utillity softwate and your "TSI" file in to Traktor.

Main features:

*INSTANT Gratification effects
*FX Unit focus selector
*Isolator FX for decks A and B (side buttons #1)
*EQ adjust for decks C and D (side buttons #2)

This mapping for Spectra has one main page where you would expect your Grats to be located at and other two sub-pages that can be reached and activated via side buttons.

Short demo:

Home page:

These are exact IG effects that everybody are used to but a little modified to fit this mapping. In order to utilize an Isolator in this TSI I needed to remove two supercombos because Traktor only support up to two modifier condition slots. Other thing which was modified is 'FX save' function that was mapped to your deck select buttons - now you can achieve the same result by holding any of effects > hitting side buttons (sub-page) and releasing the effect button. I've also added 'Kill FX' to your side buttons #3 so you can quickly got out of hold FX mode.

You can notice that left side buttons play on hold and right buttons are in toggling mode, thought it would be cool to make both of this functions so you can use hold mode to quickly access sub-layer while rocking on IG and to toggle them if you're using Spectra's Isolator as secondary controller in setup with your custom effect mapping engine.

Isolator FX page:

For those who never had a chance to use an isolated effects before, their purpose is to apply an effect on just one isolated frequency of the mix which is in this case High, Mids and Lows or any combination of them in general.

To understand how it works please read this DJTT blog: http://www.djranking s.com/2013/01/0...ng-in-traktor/

For the first time you enter this page you might want to hit the 'Set EQ' buttons (see pic) which will prepare your EQ's for ether C or D before using the Isolator. What this button does is to activate all EQ band kill buttons for decks C and D and deactivate them for decks A and B in case they were engaged before. The six dimly red buttons at each side are your Isolator EQ bend active buttons, once the any of frequencies is active that button will start to flash in green to indicate. Hitting your 'Set EQ' button again works as Isolator EQ reset feature.
As you know by now the way my Isolator works is by duplicating desired track in to corresponding deck which in this case is A>C and B>D so I made two buttons that does just that in this page. Once the button is pressed and deck gets it's copy this button will start to flash in the beat (hitting that button again stops the track in isolator deck if track was playing). There is also an individual sync button for both of Isolators located under the deck duplicator buttons. The bottom line:

Copy A to C > Active Isolator EQ band > focus FX unit to deck C > start mashing

The EQ adjust deck C and D:

I made this mode for setups for people who don't pack four channel mixers but still need some basic control over EQ bands for Isolator. You'll find third side button on both sides as shift state which combined with EQ adjust buttons sets volume to ether 0% or 50%. Also, I made some nice indication using Spectra's animation brightness velocity to display amount for each frequency and center detent as well as full EQ.

FX Unit focus selector:

What it basically does is to select all four units for that deck leaving other decks disengaged. Holding Isolator or EQ mode buttons makes this buttons to toggle all four FX units on any deck.

Stewe,
Kellie Myrum
The firmware is program code of the electronic device. You can find all about setting up your 3D at the product page. Also ensure your utility is up to date.
Abe Cronister
Thanx for the quick reply Stewe, ok what firmware is it, or how do i go about finding it, all i see is the remix osx.. which i take is for the remix decks or the legacy which puts my firmware at june if i remember correctly.. only recently got the 3D so am not yet fully unto speed on how or if there are more firmware around and how to get there…

thanx
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DarioDeLima
Hey Stewe, quick question, are the spectra and 3D able to use the same mappings, will this mapping work on a 3d , is basically the question i should be asking, but in general will spectra mappings work for a 3d,curious as i just bought a 3D, but have not found any mappings out there with this isolate effects.
Thanks
Hey DarioDeLima,

Midifidler made a firmware that support all Spectra mappings for a 3D. You can install it using the utility.

Tools > Alternate firmware
Abe Cronister
Thanks
Carolann Hishmeh
Ive got a spectra.

The other mappings Ive got all use the MF utility to program the lights for each button so I thought thats how it worked
Kellie Myrum
The .mfs file isn't supposed to bring any lights using MF utility. All the LED feedback is provided using Traktor output massages.

Do you run Spectra or a 3D?
Carolann Hishmeh
hey Stewe,

When I import the MFS file, all the lights are completely blacked out. Im not having any joy in traktor either. No error messages but just doesnt do anything. Im running 2.6.0

Any help would be sweet. Cheers dude
Kellie Myrum
I believe they do. Let me know how compact the mappings are once you test them together.
Delena Katherman
Thanks, man, that's what I thought. Do your mappings use the default effects order?
Kellie Myrum
Well if both mappings are set for correct MIDI in/out per controller you should be just fine. Although if scamo's and mine effect list preferences are different you'll need to do a bit of remapping on effect selector commands in just one of the mappings because each TSI loads it's own effect settings.
Delena Katherman
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't have any issues, but I haven't tried it yet. Was just wondering if there is any potential conflict with this mapping and my custom S4 mapping.
Kellie Myrum
What issues do you have?
Delena Katherman
It's really cool. Once you get the workflow down (which doesn't take long) it's super fun. I have been using it solo (without my S4). Any reason why this wouldn't play nice with a custom S4 mapping? I use a modified version of Scamo's Extreme Jogwheel Effects.
Kellie Myrum
Any times mate! I hope that you will really enjoy it much as I do!
Delena Katherman
Finally got a chance to try this! It's awesome, and works perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy