Using the Kontrol F1 as a midi controler - page functionality doesn't work

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Using the Kontrol F1 as a midi controler - page functionality doesn't workReply
Using the Kontrol F1 as a midi controler - page functionality doesn't work
Posted on: 03.01.2014 by Roslyn Beisel
Hi there fellas...

I have the Kontrol F1 and I'm trying to use the Kontrol F1 as a midi controller. In Traktor I can use the rotary switch to flip pages, so the 4x4 buttons can be used to control different banks of samples. But this functionality seems to be lost in the midi mode. Anyone know if it's possible to get this kind of functionality when using the F1 with other software than traktor? It should even be possible due some software manipulation of the midi signal, to use and controler with a button grid like the F1 has, and introduce page/bank functionality by means of changing the value of some rotary switch, or using some buttons.

Anyone?

regards
Freeman
Roslyn Beisel
Hi there fellas...

I have the Kontrol F1 and I'm trying to use the Kontrol F1 as a midi controller. In Traktor I can use the rotary switch to flip pages, so the 4x4 buttons can be used to control different banks of samples. But this functionality seems to be lost in the midi mode. Anyone know if it's possible to get this kind of functionality when using the F1 with other software than traktor? It should even be possible due some software manipulation of the midi signal, to use and controler with a button grid like the F1 has, and introduce page/bank functionality by means of changing the value of some rotary switch, or using some buttons.

Anyone?

regards
Freeman
Valeri Millstein
You would have to map it internally in the software you are using. You can't edit the midi signals on the F1 in the way that you want. In Traktor I use modifiers and the display screen to show me what page I am on. I describe how to do it here: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63525 But that is Traktor specific. Any other software you want to use would use a different method if it is possible.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy