Volume unbalanced wih cartridges / Shure M35s

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Volume unbalanced wih cartridges / Shure M35sReply
Volume unbalanced wih cartridges / Shure M35s
Posted on: 11.10.2013 by Lawana Mileto
So a few months ago I purchased a pair of new Shure M35s cartridges, now the problem I have is that on both Turntables there is roughly 2-3db defference between the left and right channels, the right channel being the louder one.

Is this something anyone else has encountered? If so, is there a fix?

The turntables in question are Vestax PDX D3 MKII's, Standard Vestax Headshells, all running into a Xone:22 mixer.
Also it doesn't matter whether I swap the headshells around, still the same problem, have also swapped the headshell wires too.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lawana Mileto
So a few months ago I purchased a pair of new Shure M35s cartridges, now the problem I have is that on both Turntables there is roughly 2-3db defference between the left and right channels, the right channel being the louder one.

Is this something anyone else has encountered? If so, is there a fix?

The turntables in question are Vestax PDX D3 MKII's, Standard Vestax Headshells, all running into a Xone:22 mixer.
Also it doesn't matter whether I swap the headshells around, still the same problem, have also swapped the headshell wires too.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lawana Mileto
Hi Hippie,

Cheers for the detailed reply, I went over everything again. Tables are level, weights are set correctly etc.

After going over everything I acually realised that the headshells themselves when tightened into the arm had twisted inwards, which meant they weren't level, after twisting them back to where they should be I now have a balanced signal. Think this may be an issue with the tone arms, but all fixed and now finally have a balanced signal.

Cheers for the help.
Tania Somppi
I've got a set of PDXD3mk2sesssss, in the loft now since I splurged on a set of M5Gs.
Great decks, I kinda miss the pitchbend joystick thingy

Are they level and the weights set right?
Is there any change in the inbalance if you drop the needle on the outer edge, the middle or the last 30 seconds of the vinyl?

It sounds like they're tracking incorrectly which is a tough 1 to fix with the PDX3mk2s . As there's no way to adjust the anti skate with the sts system I'd make sure they're as level as you can get them and try adjusting the counter weight to see if that makes any difference.

I'm a little hesitant to recommend changing the angle of the carts on the headshells as it can lead to increased and uneven record wear but it may be the cause of the issue, and the way they are now is causing uneven wear on your vinyl over time if your left and right channels aren't balanced.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy