First CDjs and Mixer [Help]

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: First CDjs and Mixer [Help]Reply
First CDjs and Mixer [Help]
Posted on: 12.09.2013 by Basilia Battelle
I have always wanted to get into a DJing and start mixing my own house music and have finally decided I'm going to invest in some gear .

I have been shopping about and I believe I am going to get a pair of NDX400 but I am unsure what mixer to get.

Any suggestions on a mixer and are these CDjs okay.

Also what should i be looking for in a mixer.
Antone Kazim
Also, in terms of a mixer I would just go for a cheapish basic 2-channel mixer to start with. Worth looking second hand as you will pick up something suitable for under
Antone Kazim
Also, in terms of a mixer I would just go for a cheapish basic 2-channel mixer to start with. Worth looking second hand as you will pick up something suitable for under
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Originally Posted by no_rex4u
i have a pair of reloop Rmp3-a's solid players, (just serviced) incase you're interested
These are great players, would make an ideal buy for a first setup- gets you straight into 'full size' players with big platters, has the standard CDJ layout, and is far more up to date than the ultra-basic CDJ 100/200. The fact they can be used as stand-alone players via CD/usb (with link option for the latter), but can also be used as midi controllers for software gives you the option of expanding your setup further down the line without having to upgrade gear .

They are also extremely well built and bloody good fun to use. A friend purchased a pair of the older (non-alpha) rmp3s second-hand a while back and they have been taken just about everywhere, used as both CDJs & controllers, and used for several 5-6 hour sets without issue. I believe the only criticism I can level at them is that the jog-wheel is perhaps a bit too 'loose' for my liking (with no tension adjustment) but that's a matter of personal preference and I know a lot of people prefer them this way.

Unless you can get a set of CDJ 100/200s significantly cheaper there is no way I would take them ahead of a set of the reloops- yes they are Pioneer but they are of a completely different generation now and incredibly dated in terms of what they offer (or rather, don't offer). CDJ 400s/350s would be a better investment but they are likely to be a fair bit more expensive and I would still take the RMP3s for the bigger platter, link, etc all day long.

As for the NDX400s they are neither one thing or the other- they will likely cost you around the same as CDJ100s/200s but will have minimal resale value compared to the Pioneers, and are nowhere near the Reloops in terms of features and most likely build quality too.
Basilia Battelle
I have always wanted to get into a DJing and start mixing my own house music and have finally decided I'm going to invest in some gear .

I have been shopping about and I believe I am going to get a pair of NDX400 but I am unsure what mixer to get.

Any suggestions on a mixer and are these CDjs okay.

Also what should i be looking for in a mixer.
Antone Kazim
Antone Kazim
Originally Posted by no_rex4u
i have a pair of reloop Rmp3-a's solid players, (just serviced) incase you're interested
These are great players, would make an ideal buy for a first setup- gets you straight into 'full size' players with big platters, has the standard CDJ layout, and is far more up to date than the ultra-basic CDJ 100/200. The fact they can be used as stand-alone players via CD/usb (with link option for the latter), but can also be used as midi controllers for software gives you the option of expanding your setup further down the line without having to upgrade gear .

They are also extremely well built and bloody good fun to use. A friend purchased a pair of the older (non-alpha) rmp3s second-hand a while back and they have been taken just about everywhere, used as both CDJs & controllers, and used for several 5-6 hour sets without issue. I believe the only criticism I can level at them is that the jog-wheel is perhaps a bit too 'loose' for my liking (with no tension adjustment) but that's a matter of personal preference and I know a lot of people prefer them this way.

Unless you can get a set of CDJ 100/200s significantly cheaper there is no way I would take them ahead of a set of the reloops- yes they are Pioneer but they are of a completely different generation now and incredibly dated in terms of what they offer (or rather, don't offer). CDJ 400s/350s would be a better investment but they are likely to be a fair bit more expensive and I would still take the RMP3s for the bigger platter, link, etc all day long.

As for the NDX400s they are neither one thing or the other- they will likely cost you around the same as CDJ100s/200s but will have minimal resale value compared to the Pioneers, and are nowhere near the Reloops in terms of features and most likely build quality too.
Chandra Lean
Lean Hostetler
My advice would be to look into buying some second hand CDJ 100's or CDJ 200's, Numark's low end gear really isn't reliable, I had a horror show with their DJ Mix Console with the drawers jamming etc:, went with Pioneer and never looked back.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy