Using Stanton 500 Al in clubs?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Using Stanton 500 Al in clubs?Reply
Using Stanton 500 Al in clubs?
Posted on: 04.01.2014 by Bryon Niccoli
I don't know what it's like in other parts of the world but in the UK the Stanton 500 was the needle that came free with most decks. It's cheap and the sound quality is fine for a home setup and recording mixtapes/ cd's. But has anyone used them on a club soundsystem? Do they sound all right or are they too cheap to be played at such high volumes?
Gretta Krotz
more of a backup needle than anything
Bryon Niccoli
I don't know what it's like in other parts of the world but in the UK the Stanton 500 was the needle that came free with most decks. It's cheap and the sound quality is fine for a home setup and recording mixtapes/ cd's. But has anyone used them on a club soundsystem? Do they sound all right or are they too cheap to be played at such high volumes?
Lawana Mileto
I use them as backups, and they have been used a few times in clubs, and there absolutely fine.
Brunilda Kora
Nothing whatsoever wrong with 500AL's.
Larita Smaga
500s were standard for all kinds of uses, including clubs.

The important word being WERE. They tracked ok, sound was ok, and they were cheap, but the output level was pretty low.

In 2013 there are numerous options which offer better sound for playing real vinyl or DVS.

My personal choices would be Shure Whitelabel for real vinyl (loud output, good tracking, classy sound), and Shure M44-7 or Ortofon MF7 for DVS/scratching (loud, good tracking, cheap).

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy