How to change the backspin speed with the jogwheels

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: How to change the backspin speed with the jogwheelsReply
How to change the backspin speed with the jogwheels
Posted on: 08.12.2013 by Son Laverriere
Hi,

I recently test the Beaubryte mapping for the S4 :https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2

I got several problems to play with this mapping in a live situation, and I prefer to rely on the original S4 mapping with 1 MF 3D to manage the effect and a MF Pro to manage cue points.

However, there is one thing that I need from this mapping: The Jogwheels Backspin!
For me it's one of the biggest problem of this controller, when you compare the backspin on a CDJ 2000.

Does anyone of you know how to change the backspin value from the original S4 mapping? The actual backspin speed is really slow, but on the Beaubryte mapping, the speed is just next to a CDJ 2000.

Can someone help me?

If you didn't test the Beaubryte mapping, you should test it just to compare the speed of your original. The gap is huge.

Thanks
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by beaubryte
Tell me what's going on so we can sort it out.

I had 3 big crash with this mapping over a 100 gigs. But for me it's not a big problem. it's a part of the game when you rely on a software.

My biggest concern is to be able to use my MF 3D and my MF pro beatmasher with my S4. And when I import the mappings added to yours, there is to much conflicts. So the problem come from me, and not specially from your mapping.

However, if you can help me to apply the backspin speed that you provide on your mapping, on a more classic one, I would really apreciate your help.
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by Stewe
It's about adjusting rotary sensitivity of the jog turn commands.
Yeah I believe it's that. DO you know how to manage this? (I'm bad in Midi modification)
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by Legotist

I got several problems to play with this mapping in a live situation
Son Laverriere
Hi,

I recently test the Beaubryte mapping for the S4 :https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2

I got several problems to play with this mapping in a live situation, and I prefer to rely on the original S4 mapping with 1 MF 3D to manage the effect and a MF Pro to manage cue points.

However, there is one thing that I need from this mapping: The Jogwheels Backspin!
For me it's one of the biggest problem of this controller, when you compare the backspin on a CDJ 2000.

Does anyone of you know how to change the backspin value from the original S4 mapping? The actual backspin speed is really slow, but on the Beaubryte mapping, the speed is just next to a CDJ 2000.

Can someone help me?

If you didn't test the Beaubryte mapping, you should test it just to compare the speed of your original. The gap is huge.

Thanks
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by beaubryte

I had 3 big crash with this mapping over a 100 gigs. But for me it's not a big problem. it's a part of the game when you rely on a software.

My biggest concern is to be able to use my MF 3D and my MF pro beatmasher with my S4. And when I import the mappings added to yours, there is to much conflicts. So the problem come from me, and not specially from your mapping.

However, if you can help me to apply the backspin speed that you provide on your mapping, on a more classic one, I would really apreciate your help.
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by Stewe
Yeah I believe it's that. DO you know how to manage this? (I'm bad in Midi modification)
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by Legotist

I got several problems to play with this mapping in a live situation
Kellie Myrum
Addie Engbrecht
I'm not sure how to do it, and I'm guessing you might not care, but the 2000's platters have adjustable tension which would give you really short back spins or really long ones. In any case, pretty sure I understand what you're looking for. Best of luck

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy