REPLACEMENT CROSS FADER FOR NI S4 and S2

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: REPLACEMENT CROSS FADER FOR NI S4 and S2Reply
REPLACEMENT CROSS FADER FOR NI S4 and S2
Posted on: 10.06.2013 by Nicki Fromme
when the faders start to ware out and you are out of warranty and don't want to pay for brand new ones at the cost of a leg, here is a link to some you can get on ebay they are pretty cheap and work fine.. all you need to know is how to solder which is easy (just look at a youtube video) and if you don't have a soldering gun you can buy one for 10 to 15 bucks at an electronic store. that is probably still cheaper than getting Native instruments to fix the Unit. at the end of the day you have a New Cross fader and a Soldering iron all for less than NI charges.

soldering iron is my best friend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181156391034...84.m1558.l2649

cheers
Nicki Fromme
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
A 10-15 dollar soldering iron will not work. They do not get hot enough to cleanly desolder the pitch faders. NI uses very high temperature solder.
oh right i remember you mentioning it on the other thread.. kinda skimmed through it. but man everybody should have a soldering gun, its my best friend .. i fixed my vci 100 my 1200 and my vci 400, and a couple other friends mixers,.. great tool for any DJ to have.. nothing is better than knowing how to fix your own gear ..
Nicki Fromme
when the faders start to ware out and you are out of warranty and don't want to pay for brand new ones at the cost of a leg, here is a link to some you can get on ebay they are pretty cheap and work fine.. all you need to know is how to solder which is easy (just look at a youtube video) and if you don't have a soldering gun you can buy one for 10 to 15 bucks at an electronic store. that is probably still cheaper than getting Native instruments to fix the Unit. at the end of the day you have a New Cross fader and a Soldering iron all for less than NI charges.

soldering iron is my best friend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181156391034...84.m1558.l2649

cheers
Nicki Fromme
i actually replaced the faders using a soldering iron that was just higher in watts
Nicki Fromme
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
A 10-15 dollar soldering iron will not work. They do not get hot enough to cleanly desolder the pitch faders. NI uses very high temperature solder.
oh right i remember you mentioning it on the other thread.. kinda skimmed through it. but man everybody should have a soldering gun, its my best friend .. i fixed my vci 100 my 1200 and my vci 400, and a couple other friends mixers,.. great tool for any DJ to have.. nothing is better than knowing how to fix your own gear ..
Gaynell Rydberg

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy