(New Update!) DJTT Kontrol S4 v2.0 Official Mapping Thread

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: (New Update!) DJTT Kontrol S4 v2.0 Official Mapping ThreadReply
(New Update!) DJTT Kontrol S4 v2.0 Official Mapping Thread
Posted on: 14.02.2013 by Claire Auyeung
Last update: December 23, 2013

Download S4 Mk1 version here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2
Download S4 Mk2 version here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2211

Kontrol S4 Mk1 overview:

11288386134_76f89e3042_z.jpg
Official DJTT Kontrol S4 Mapping v2 Update
The current release version is v2.0.5
This mapping is designed and maintained by DJTT Beaubryte.

This release reflects the Traktor 2.6.6 update with many added features and major improvements.
It’s a straightforward but fully loaded mapping suitable for performing.
It comes with lots of changeable mods, which you can edit in the controller manager.
It's impossible to cover all features here,
Read the manual or have a look at our quick guide for more info.

Highlights:
Time Code Support - Beat Tap * - JogFX * - Echo Mods * - Browser Mod - * Headphone Mod
*- Preview Player- Key Adjust * - 4 FX units * - * Auto Switch Decks - Quick load next track
-* FX presets - * Filter On Buttons -* Panic Button *-8 HotCues * - SuperFX Mode - *
Customizable Mods – AutoFX * - Macro FX *- Layout Selector - FX Off after loading - *
Adjust Tempo 0.01 BPM - * Any Shift On Mixer *- Remix Deck Hybrid Mode

What's New in v2.0.5?
>Improved Echo Mods

Earlier:
+Partly fixed the Loop Display for Deck A and B
+Added Time Code support
+Various new features on the master button
+Offset Button Down = Flux Mode
+Offset Button Up = Reset Tempo
+Minor bug fixes

SuperFX Mode.
Grouped JogFx, Single JogFX and AutoFX are only available in SuperFX Mode.
SuperFX mode is activated by Shift+Tempo Offset Button.

Press Shift+Tempo Offset button to activate SuperFX Mode.
While SuperFX is activated, the Offset, Load, Samples and Shift LED will flash.
When you see these LEDs flashing, press the Jog and turn it.
Hold the FX buttons on the FX units for programmed automated effects.

When SuperFX is active:

• Shift + Tempo Offset + Deck Display + Samples + Load LEDs Flash.
  • Shift + Turn JogWheel changes the 3 grouped JogFX presets
  • Sample Buttons change the 4 single JogFX presets
  • Automatic Effects while holding the FX Unit buttons 1*4

Press a Tempo Offset or the FX mode button to deactivate Super FX mode.

Deck A+B Track Decks with Hybrid Remix Deck C+D controls:
To start Hybrid Mode, activate deck A or B on the Mixer section,
then hold The FX MODE Button to temporarily hold Hybrid mode.
OR press Shift + Deck Assign C/D to lock hybrid mode.
To exit Hybrid mode, press the FX Mode button, or Shift+assign C/D, or activate JogFX.

• The Sample buttons have Hot Cue 5-*8 by default,
    In Hybrid mode they control Remix Deck slot 1*-4
  • The FX Units have effect controls by default,
    in Hybrid mode they control remix deck's mutes and volumes.

Echo Mods

• Mod 1: Shift + Press Left Loop Active Knob to activate an Echo Out
  • Delay in FX Unit 4. Press Shift+Loop Active again to disable the Echo Mod.
  • Mod 2: Shift + Press Right Loop Set Knob to activate a Ramp Delay in FX Unit 4.
    Press shift+center Loop Set Knob again to disable the Echo Mod.

While an Echo Mod is active, Hold Shift + Turn the Loop Knobs to control the echo settings.

Loop Knobs & Buttons
Turn Left Knob: Beatjump /Move Loop
Push Left Knob: Loop Active
Turn Right Knob: Set Loop Size
Push Right Knob: Loop Set
Shift + Press Left Knob = Activate Echo Mod 1
Shift + Press Right Knob = Activate Echo Mod 2
Buttons: Set Loop In/out, Flashing while using Echo Mod 1/2.
Shift + Turn Left Loop Knob Deck A = Fine Adjust Tempo A by 0.01 BPM
Shift + Turn Right Loop Knob Deck A = Adjust Tempo Fader Range A
Shift + Turn Left Loop Knob Deck B = Adjust Tempo Fader Range B
Shift + Turn Right Loop Knob Deck B = Fine Adjust Tempo B by 0.01 BPM

Panic Button
Need a rescue during performing?
Hold the big Browse/Preview button, Press Loop UNDO. This button clears all effects assignments, kills all states, stops the loop recorder, preview player and restores Traktor.

Hold Master Button:
+ FX Button 1/2 = Crossfader left/right assignments
+ Turn Browse Knob = Change Screen Layout
+ Turn Gain Knob = Change Platter and Scope View (Traktor Scratch only)
+ Push Gain Knob = Change Deck mode (Track/Line-in/Remix Deck)

Timecode Support (Traktor Scratch only)
> Shift + Headphone Cues = Set to Relative Mode
> Hold Master+ Headphone Cues = Enable Scratch + Calibrate
> Hold Master + Turn Gain = Change Platter and Scope View
> Hold Master + Push Gain = Switch Phono/Remix Decks
> Play button = Set to internal mode
> Tempo Offset UP = Reset Tempo

Flux Mode On/Off
Easy way: Tempo Offset Down Button
Or on the fly:
Deck A: Hold Right Shift and HotCue 1*-4 on deck A
Deck B: Hold Left Shift and HotCue 1*-4 on deck B

Read the included manual for more info.
Trent Fisch
Hey just wondering if theres a way to map the key-lock on and off feature to something other than the play button.

When using echo-freeze feature and simultaneously press play on the opposing deck of my mk1 s4 the key lock feature of the new track is then turned off. So if the track is sync'd in any way then the key will instantly change causing my ears to bleed lol.

i'm not familiar with mapping controllers so i'm not sure how to map or delete this feature. If theres a way to map or delete this then please let me know.

Thank you
Claire Auyeung
It's intended that way > That option is called "soft takeover" to avoid jumping pitch values.
When loading and syncing a track, the tempo fader stays put.
So its position doesn't match the absolute tempo value anymore.
Now to avoid irrational tempo jumps when touching the fader, you'll have to line up with the screen first.

When disabling soft takeover (set it to direct mode) you'll probably miss it instantly,
because it results in drastic tempo changes on every touch of the tempo fader.
You don't want that during mixing.
Jorge Conro
Thanks, I'll try it. There was another problem with the pitch fader. When you move it, you have to grow up to change it because if want to decrease the tempo, it doesn't move directly.
Claire Auyeung
Did a minor update that should solve this:

S4 Mk1: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2
S4 Mk2: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2211

Check it out.
Claire Auyeung
I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.
Jorge Conro
Alright guys! I still have this problem with the delay out... Very strange... When only deck A is turning, no problem. When only deck B is turning, no problem. When deck A is turning and I launch deck B: delay out on deck A, no problem. BUT when deck B is turning and I launch deck A, I have to activate 2 times the delay out to launch it. Do you have an idea about that please?
Kellie Myrum
^This

Or, load a backspin sample into a remix deck slot and trigger at will
Claire Auyeung
The jogs can backspin up to 2-3 seconds. Try the "turntable FX" effect for more advanced features regarding vinyl emulation.
Jorge Conro
Thanks for that. Do you believe it's possible to do a spin back with the jogs like on a vinyl turntable?
Claire Auyeung
Thanks for reporting this, I will look into it!
Here's how you can keep the FX engagement after loading a track:

Go to the mapping in the controller manager, maximize the control window.
Then widen the comments section and sort it alphabetically.

Deck effects will be disabled for a deck when loading a track into that deck.
If you don't want this, Find and remove all the 38 rules with this comment:

"_(Mod) Unload FX After Loading Track"

Have fun!
Jorge Conro
Now, I've 2 problems I can't resolve.
The first one is: when I want to activate the delay out, if the deck B is playing as master and deck A is coming AND ONLY in this case, I have to activate 2 times the delay out to launch it. It's like the dry/wet button was not at the right value because it moves a little before I can launch it really. I hope I'm clear in my explication:s
The second one is: when I load a track in one deck, the fx buttons turn off each time. How can change that please? I would like it keep his state (like fx1 for deck A and fx2 for deckB).
Thanks for your time.
Jorge Conro
Sorry for that, my english is not perfect and I hadn't understood this part of the guide. You're a killer guy!!! this mapping is crazy. Thanks again for that
I go on to discover it and the only thing I don't find is to control filter of each slot separately and 'navigate' in remix deck to change the slot without the pad. But it's not the most important and I believe to buy a F1 to resolve this problem and let the S4 for pure mix.
Great Job!!!!
Claire Auyeung
Yes, it's already built in:

Hold the "FX MODE" button, the 4 fx knobs now are remix deck slot volumes.
To lock this hybrid mode, press Shift+Engage C.

Quoting the manual:

Deck A+B Track Decks with hybrid Remix Deck controls:
The Remix buttons have HotCue 5-8 by Default
>In Hybrid mode they control remix deck slot 1-4

The Fx Units have effect controls by default,
>In Hybrid mode they control remix deck mute and volumes.

Hold The FX MODE button to temporarily hold hybrid mode
Or press Shift + Deck Assign C/D to lock this mode.
To exit this state:
Press the FX Mode button, or Shift+C/D Mode, or activate JogFX.

More info in the quick guide
Jorge Conro
Thanks a lot! Actually my problem was this micro layout for remix decks Any chance to control volume or filter of each slot separately?
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by ifazar
Thanks for this one Beaubryte. Just one issue for me: when I click an empty Hotcue in the Remix Decks C or D, it's always a loop from deck B. I don't understand where is my problem...

You can set the capture source here:

10051627665_da9a784217_o.jpg
Jorge Conro
Thanks for this one Beaubryte. Just one issue for me: when I click an empty Hotcue in the Remix Decks C or D, it's always a loop from deck B. I don't understand where is my problem...
Claire Auyeung
I just released the Mk2 versions of the DJTT S4 and S2 mappings and updated all Mk1 mappings too.

S4 Mk2:https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2211
S2 Mk2:https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2212

I got some time now to design and test the pedalFX again.
Thanks for the ideas Stewe, I'll keep those in mind.
Kellie Myrum
I'd go for some nicely adjusted filter effect there. Probably some crusher to come with techno and (pl)looping.

Or instant plooper of some kind

Personally, I believe four banks are better so pedal could do different things in main screen - later on you can expand to encoders or anything you can believe of, but that four presets would be the place to start believeing. Something like left shift and hit Cue buttons to select a deck vs hold right shift to change between modes in same controls. A pedal would simply add pre-selected effect preset and modulate the parameters.

On a second thought, this concept can also be applied as four JogFX pages of sub chambers where the pedal follow FX preset value.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by beaubryte
If you don't mind, please post screen shots of the FX Unit in action , I can use it for testing purposes.
Will do! Out of town for right now, but I should be able to do so tomorrow. I have all of the parameters posted at http://http://community .djranking s.com/...ad.php?t=63445

Also after some experimentation I discovered, at least for my keyboard style foot pedal, that the hold function was significantly more reliable than toggle.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Sounds pretty killer. As of now I have the Echo Freeze and a Tape Delay Stewe came up with. I prefer to keep anything I want to change on my Jog Fx.
If you don't mind, please post screen shots of the FX Unit in action , I can use it for testing purposes.
Valeri Millstein
I've tried single FX in unit 4, like a verb, T3 delay and tape delay.
Gonna do some testing now with grouped FX, maybe I can use the JogFX rack for it.

So far I have this rough concept:

-FootFX has to be using FX 3 or 4
-Stepping on the foot switch makes the big headphone Cues light up, indicating which decks are set to FootFX
-While the foot switch is pressed you can use these headphone cue buttons to quickly (dis-)engage a deck
-Also the FX1 or 2 buttons on the S4 temporarily become the encoders for FootFX
Or I can map FootFX encoders to more centralized buttons

Still looking for the right effect settings for an effect with a great instant kick in, with an optional encoder to do some additional tweaking.
In my opinion the FootFX should sound great without using your hands, but I'll make some room for more hands-on controls.
Sounds pretty killer. As of now I have the Echo Freeze and a Tape Delay Stewe came up with. I prefer to keep anything I want to change on my Jog Fx.
Claire Auyeung
I've tried single FX in unit 4, like a verb, T3 delay and tape delay.
Gonna do some testing now with grouped FX, maybe I can use the JogFX rack for it.

So far I have this rough concept:

-FootFX has to be using FX 3 or 4
-Stepping on the foot switch makes the big headphone Cues light up, indicating which decks are set to FootFX
-While the foot switch is pressed you can use these headphone cue buttons to quickly (dis-)engage a deck
-Also the FX1 or 2 buttons on the S4 temporarily become the encoders for FootFX
Or I can map FootFX encoders to more centralized buttons

Still looking for the right effect settings for an effect with a great instant kick in, with an optional encoder to do some additional tweaking.
In my opinion the FootFX should sound great without using your hands, but I'll make some room for more hands-on controls.
Valeri Millstein
That's a great idea for the next update, Gonna test out various effects like delays and reverbs right away.
I also have the effect set to a modifier that I change with shit + an encoder so I can cycle through different effects and rates.
Claire Auyeung
Wow, nice one, superfaders at best!
Kellie Myrum
When you're at reverbs and echos check this technique:

Claire Auyeung
That's a great idea for the next update, Gonna test out various effects like delays and reverbs right away.
Valeri Millstein
I have tried out several things with the foot pedal, (Shift/Sync/Record) but never discovered anything more helpful than using my hands.
I now use the foot pedal as an Echo. I believe it works quite well.
Claire Auyeung
New update is live!

Last Update: 11-22-2013

Latest Version: 2.0.3
-Fixed Loop Display for Deck A+B (Beta)
-Various new features for the Master button!
-Time Code support
-Added Screen Layout selector

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2
Gracie Cardis
This mapping will be updated for S4 Mk2 as soon as I can get my hands on a device.
I'm glad you wrote this, now I feel confident to get the mk2.... Thanks in advance
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by Mr_Moo
With this mapping, is it possible we can add another mapping over the top (or maybe you add it) that the foot pedal would become the SHIFT function? Or whether you can believe of something more functional for it?

Thanks.
I have tried out several things with the foot pedal, (Shift/Sync/Record) but never discovered anything more helpful than using my hands.
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by Mr_Moo
Any chance of a higher res "DJTT S4 Manual.jpg", please? Quite hard to read as it is.
The full size high-res image is included in the download package, but it's too large to post here.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3783/9...751bd3_o_d.jpg
Warner Rotberg
With this mapping, is it possible we can add another mapping over the top (or maybe you add it) that the foot pedal would become the SHIFT function? Or whether you can believe of something more functional for it?

Thanks.
Warner Rotberg
Any chance of a higher res "DJTT S4 Manual.jpg", please? Quite hard to read as it is.
Claire Auyeung
9-21-2013: New Update.
Latest version: v2.0.2

Changes:
1) Added X-Fader Deck Assignments:
Hold Center Master Button and Press the Deck FX assignments (below the gain knob),
1= Left, 2=Right..
2) Enhanced all JogFX Dry/Wet start values..
3) Fixed Loop Size knob on deck C..
4) Improved the JogWheel Track Search within a loaded track
(use jog wheel push+encoder to search, with and without shift)
5) Match S4 Mk2 Footprint:
*Moved Flux Mode to the Offset Down Buttons -
**Moved Tempo Range Selector to Shift + Turn Inner Loop Knobs -
***Added Tempo Reset Button to the Offset Up Buttons.

Free download here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/2

Many Farnsley
Glad you posted this beaubrite about the mk2 i was actually just going to ask this.
Claire Auyeung
This mapping will be updated for S4 Mk2 as soon as I can get my hands on a device.
Viva Beaulier
i had the mapping seen on youtube, where i can get the jog wheels to work as fx wheels,
since i installed traktor on a new laptop. and added the mapping, im not able to use my sample buttons ne more. ne help on how i can get these to work agean? and then i mean still being able to use the jog fx wheels and at same time use the sample buttons.

Blessings
Loan Sartori
Cheers! I'm afraid I'm missing something. I had the "gain knob to key" mapping installed. I deleted that & the default S4 mapping. I imported this. tsi with the big import button twice. Now, the loop size encoded changes the loop size in double increments. What could i be doing wrong? Also, one part of the manual confuses me. It says shift+pitch slider controls key, and right after that it says that shift+pitch slider moves the fader without changing tempo, like the default behavior. which is it? How can it do both? Please pardon my ignorance. Thank you!
Alfred Sandbothe
I noticed that my foot pedal doesn't trigger the loop recorder any more after loading this mapping. Is that intentional? is there some new use of the foot pedal I haven't recognized?
Katharine Fattore
quick question, i believe i saw this somewhere but i couldn't find it, is there anyway to get the loop size LED numbers back in the loop size viewer? i miss them

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy