Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 pots

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 potsReply
Need effect mapping idea for 1 button, 1 encoder, 2 pots
Posted on: 14.12.2013 by Nila Ragonese
How would you map the above to traktor effects?
I have 1 free button, 1 free encoder, 2 free pots.

help me!
Nila Ragonese
Originally Posted by synthet1c
use the encoder to change a modifier.

then use the modifier on both the knobs and the button to give you eight layers, then you could use as many effects as you want. and it would leave you another modifier to make your own basic macros like "press button at 0%", "split knob at 50%"

the only downside is you have no way of knowing what mode you're in accept noticing what effects are currently loaded.
I like to believe i'm pretty good at mapping but i'm not fully understanding you.
I know how to use a simple modifier as in M1 = 0 or M1 = 1. but going beyond that i'm lost and don't understand it.

So you want me to take the encoder and make it an 8 step encoder with M1=0-7. then each of those will cause the other 2 pots to be different effect combinations using group effects?
Nila Ragonese
How would you map the above to traktor effects?
I have 1 free button, 1 free encoder, 2 free pots.

help me!
Kellie Myrum
Off course! Than again you can use the same "if this mod/value than that other mod/value" to keep all presets in the "loop" so you don't wanna scroll all the way back and forth when you want access first-end value and vice versa
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
that's what I was believeing you could do, but I haven't got my setup in my room at the moment to test. cheers Stewe
Kellie Myrum
Easier way would be setting a modifier in an encoder-relative mode. From there you can adjust the sensitivity and get a precise control over a different presets.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
yes that's exactly right. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to set the modifier to 8 positions with a different range. but the long way would just be to query what modifier condition is preceding where you want to be eg.

to move the value up
if M1=0 --> set M1=1
if M1=1 --> set M1=2
if M1=2 --> set M1=3
if M1=3 --> set M1=4
if M1=4 --> set M1=5
etc...

to move the value down
if M1=1 --> set M1=0
if M1=2 --> set M1=1
if M1=3 --> set M1=2
if M1=4 --> set M1=3
if M1=5 --> set M1=4
etc...

it's just using a modifier condition to the modifier value. Doing it the long way would also mean you could use more or less shifts depending on what you need. "Less" is pretty obvious but "more" would be

etc...
if M1=6 --> set M1=7
if M1=7 --> set M2=1
if M2=1 --> set M2=2
if M2=2 --> set M2=3
if M2=3 --> set M2=4
etc...

it is just changing the second modifier at the appropriate time, this has one drawback of not being able to incorporate any other modifiers for anything higher than the first 8 you would need two conditionals for each shift eg

if M1=6 --> do my crazy thing for the seventh shift "you have a modifier spare"
if M1=7 --> do my crazy thing for the eighth shift "you have a modifier spare"
if M1=7 & if M2=1 --> do my crazy thing for the ninth shift
if M1=7 & if M2=2 --> do my crazy thing for the tenth shift
if M1=7 & if M2=3 --> do my crazy thing for the eleventh shift
Nila Ragonese
Originally Posted by synthet1c

then use the modifier on both the knobs and the button to give you eight layers, then you could use as many effects as you want. and it would leave you another modifier to make your own basic macros like "press button at 0%", "split knob at 50%"

the only downside is you have no way of knowing what mode you're in accept noticing what effects are currently loaded.
I like to believe i'm pretty good at mapping but i'm not fully understanding you.
I know how to use a simple modifier as in M1 = 0 or M1 = 1. but going beyond that i'm lost and don't understand it.

So you want me to take the encoder and make it an 8 step encoder with M1=0-7. then each of those will cause the other 2 pots to be different effect combinations using group effects?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo

Nila Ragonese
I guess i'm not sure of what category of effects but i like to use the following: reverb (many different ones), delay, gater, beatmasher and now the new macro effects.
Kellie Myrum
What music do you play? What would you use those effects for? Transitions, brakes, mashing, color type effect...

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy