Advanced Midi Out in Traktor?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Advanced Midi Out in Traktor?Reply
Advanced Midi Out in Traktor?
Posted on: 23.12.2013 by Emelina Chillson
Is there a way tp have controller a's modifier 1=0 and have the output state of that go to controller b?

For example, I hit the modifier 1= on my contour and the state is displayed on my X1.
Emelina Chillson
Is there a way tp have controller a's modifier 1=0 and have the output state of that go to controller b?

For example, I hit the modifier 1= on my contour and the state is displayed on my X1.
Diogo Dj Dragão
That would require your both of controllers in a single mapping device.
If you were a Bome's MIDI Translator user, you could also write a very simple preset that would pass all MIDI traffic through to the intended hardware controller EXCEPT the modifier message (which could go to the other controller, or out to Traktor if desired). Little stuff like this is what Bome's was made to do, and it does it exceedingly well.

Or Native could just hurry up and give us a set of GLOBAL modifiers to go with the currently available local modifiers.
Kellie Myrum
Enable learn and press button on X1. Check out "Device Mapping" section. Once the button is pressed the channel will appear in front of note in the assignment slot. Push the button on other controller and make sure they are not in a single CH. If you eventually end seeing they are both in ch1 try changing the channel of your X1 by using editor (not sure if that an option but should be direction)
Emelina Chillson
how would I ensure they have their own midi channels?
Kellie Myrum
That would require your both of controllers in a single mapping device. You can also add another generic device which can be dedicated only for this modifier stuff. Just make sure the In-Port and Out-Port are both set to "AllPorts" so that mapping device can read both of controller signals. When using this kind of mapping you need to ensure to have each unit own MIDI channel so massages don't get conflicts as most of simpler controllers are working based the same note and CC that comes to be listed from CC 000 / note C-1.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy